• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best thing that has ever happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
So, what is it? Please try to keep this positive, for instance no posts like this.

"Nothing, my life sucks."

Anyways, let's hear it GAF! I'm bored and some interesting stories would help.

One day as a kid, I put my fingers up the coin slot of one of those mechanical kiddy horses. I pulled out 5 quarters. Best day of my life.

Darkwater

Going to a shrink, fighting depression and accepting my past, and slowly winning. Though to be fair, that's not so much something that happens to me as it is something I do with the help of others.

jaxword

XLArLZ8.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
Can't think of any particular event, but I will say that knowing want I've wanted to do with my life from a very young age has been a blessing.

kirby_fox

Banned
It's so hard to pinpoint one great event as the best thing ever.

I guess I would say having a support structure that stopped me from committing suicide and being able to overcome depression without meds or doctors.

Pop

I'm still struggling to find my path in life. I'm glad for my close family and friends.

Linari

Neo Member
The realization of living in this world with all its wonders. Despite the terrible things that happen.

Also, I'm enjoying being able to draw well besides being far away from my dream of becoming a concept artist.

Kellyn Guissa

Neo Member
It's a easy answer. Easily, the best thing that ever happened to my life was meeting my girlfriend. She came at a period where i did not know where my life was going. It was perfect and I get emotional every time i think about it.

aku:jiki

I hit my dream job when I was 21, which was pretty rad. Unfortunately, it ended up not being something I wanted to do for the rest of my life and it set my new career back a few years, but I had a lot of fun and would never trade those years.

Also, that one time I trolled someone online which weirdly turned into us hitting it off and, even more weirdly, it turned out that it was a stunning girl who lived 20 minutes away. The sex was glorious. (I know; I swear I'm not bullshitting!)

When release i do nothing and still get house, Healthcare, 10M net, electricity and 470€ per month. (200€ food,clothes,etc 270€ for candie's.)
gw-edupajoiss.gif

THANK GOD I AM BORN IN FINLAND

A psychotic break. It happened when I was around twenty or so and it caused me to reexamine my values in a way that essentially put me on the path that I'm on now. It was the most horrible thing I've ever experienced at the time that it was happening but it also shattered a lot of the illusions I had at the time so it was ultimately pretty constructive.

Ahmed360

Losing weight and joining the gym, also staying away from junk food.

So far one of the best things I have done for myself, I dropped from 120kgs to below 90 and now bodybuilding, and feels Awesome!

Another thing, which I believe was important for me too, is losing my first real job, it was my dream job in a big smartphones company, but I was naive and lost it, yet I'm thankful, because that taught me to respect and care for what I have cause we do not appreciate things unless we lose them :)

Sorian

Banned
I'm amazed that no one has said (joking or not) a double blowjob or some equally rewarding sexual experience.

Monocle

Developing an early interest in reading. It's led more or less directly to most of the good things in my life.

Aesius

Transferring from a college I hated in my hometown and moving across the state to attend a state school.

Easily the best decision of my life.

BlackJace

Going out with friends? I don't know, but its a great feeling, and I wish I could do it more. I'm still super young, so I have time, I suppose.

Dragnet

University. Best 3 years of my life, first place I'd ever truly felt at home. Met some amazing people and made good friends. Met my now ex-girlfriend who made the last 2 years even better, and even though she's now my ex, I'm so thankful for the experience. She taught me so much, and I have no resentment towards her. I don't know where I'd be or what I'd be doing if I didn't go to University!

Being born in this era. To think some people where born and dead a few years ago without color TV's, video games and the Internet.

Women are also prettier than ever.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Currently? I took a course in Toy Product Design in college that simultaneously helped me realize that product and industrial design is what I want to do with my engineering degree, was one of the most satisfying and fun classes I've ever taken, put me in contact with a professor with whom I now have a very good relationship who's industry knowledge and contact network is insane, was instrumental in the formation of one of my current friend networks that's basically the best group of friends I've ever had, and in various ways got me both the fun job I currently have teaching classes for kids doing things like making life-sized Doctor Who props as well as the very promising internship with a small product firm in the fall.

Its ridiculous how many good things I can trace back to the decision to take that class. I wouldn't have even known about it if a friend hadn't done it the year previously and absolutely raved about it.

hitgirl

A certain GAF-er.

Asked me to move with him to a new state two years ago. We had only known each other 3 months. We are still together.

#gaflove

we did not MEET on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom