• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the most you have raged over a game? Which Game and did you break anything etc

havoc00

Whats the most rage you have had towards a game? Which game was it? Did you throw a controller, break something else etc...?

Cornbread78

- Final Boss fight of Killzone 2 on the hardest difficulty

- On the way to trying to kill my 3rd sister in Drakengard 3.... riding the dragon and finishing rhat mission mever happened and I haven't touched my PS3 since..

flying_sq

Raged over PS2 GameShark not working and snapped the disc. Buddy of mine would put a controller into the wall a couple times a year over Halo and Forza.

Barakov

Whats the most rage you have had towards a game? Which game was it? Did you throw a controller, break something else etc...?
The last I raged to the point of throwing something was probably Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast. I took a mint condition copy of Devil May Cry 2 and shattered it against the wall. The disc survived but the case did not oddly enough. No great loss, though.

drganon

I broke a ps2 controller over losing a race at the very last second in burnout 3.

I broke another ps2 controller over the first God of War trying to climb up this spinning column thing with spikes toward the end and failing.

I broke the battery pack for a 360 controller when i threw it after failing a mission for the umpteenth time in assassins creed 2.

There's a reason I don't play souls games.

Vandole

Azure Dreams.

I don't remember exactly what happened anymore, but I was in the tower on an extremely amazing run and out of nowhere a monster showed up killed me and I lost some amazing equipment in the process.

The end result was a lot of screaming, a thrown controller, the game getting thrown across the room, and I immediately deleted my saves in an attempt to make sure I never played the game again.

For the record I did play it again. But it would be 10 years later until I finally beat the game.

World of Warcraft back in 2006. I just turned 19 years old. Was doing some world PVP in Southshore on my NE rogue. Fought this undead warlock and thoroughly whooped his ass. Got on my mount and started riding away when all of a sudden I'm dotted up and he's back up attacking me. It was my first PVP encounter with soulstones. I managed to kill him again but combat took too long to drop and potions were on cooldown so I couldn't heal and died to his dots. My desk had one of those pull out trays for the keyboard and mouse that runs along metal rails. I grabbed it and pulled it sideways so hard I warped the steel rails and ripped screws out of the wood desk. Still using the same desk to this day. Ironically, having a broken tray forced me to learn to touch type and has kept my keyboard and mouse immaculate over the years.

killatopak

Raged over the game itself? I don’t think I ever had even with souls game.

However I did get mad that one time I was playing an online game and my aunt accidentally unplugged the power cord off. I apologized and learned my lesson then. Games are not worth getting mad over.

Neff

I broke an arcade stick attempting Ivy's Summon Suffering in SC1. Bought another stick and got it down.

I've broken a couple of Pro controllers playing Smash Ultimate.

Not to LTG/DSP too much, but I only tend to get salty with people on bad wi-fi wasting my time with dropped frames and inputs disappearing into the ether. If you have a good connection I'll take the L gracefully and respectfully.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
hmmm, probably OVerwatch. Bad Teammates are an epidemic on that game. I usually play tank so when people don't push with me it's really annoying.

I don't play Overwatch anymore

Tekken 7 Online, I'm fucking casual, but some of you guys are "cheating" assholes :D :D :D

I remember vividly, that I was an outright idiot with the tittycrow-Boss of Darksiders 1, just couldn't get the hang of it. That shit wrecked me for more tries than I can remember. Had to put that game down for weeks.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I haven't abused any of my stuff in a very long time. Probably the last time I did anything like that was when I played The Witcher 2 when it came out. I distinctly remember playing it with a controller and it was during that optional fight with stone gargoyles in Act 3. Shit was mad difficult and at some point, I dropped the controller at my feet and went to the kitchen to grab something to drink. But I didn't, like, toss it violently or anything (or so I thought). I just kinda dropped it on the ground out of frustration and intended to come back to give that fight another go, but once I did and picked up the controller, I realized that the triggers were jammed into it and the plastic was cracked, lol. I must have dropped it with a bit more force than I realized, and the fact that it landed on a hardwood floor instead of a carpet didn't help either.

Anyway, that was the last time that I remember breaking something, so it was like, what, in 2011? It was also at the time when I had no money and it was my only controller so I guess that after that incident I made it a point not to abuse my equipment because a few moments of frustration is just not worth the money. Nowadays I will just scream a hearty "FUCK" if I get frustrated enough, which is a much better way to release the tension. I'm a pretty chill gamer anyway so it's not a big deal.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
One of the Zero missions in San Andreas when it came out, a mission so bad Rockstar changed it in future versions.

I was 12, didn't break anything but think it left me in tears.

Never but I had a friend who we were scared to beat in Mortal Kombat 2 because he’d get so mad he’d bite the SNES pad before smashing it repeatedly against the wall and then bite it again. Such a weirdo.

Trilobit

I hate it when a game with poor fine controls ask me to do fine maneuvers. I recently did a Drone Challenge in Spider-Man PS4 and while I normally love it, I realized how infuriating it can be if you want to swing in a specific height. And the grabbing onto wall mechanic is also quite crude.

If I was Insomniac I wouldn't have inserted challenges that highlight the flaws of the game.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Not once have I thrown a controller in rage. I have sworn under my breath though.

I think I have felt most annoyed when playing Halo Wars 2. It's a game where shit players can rack up wins using one stupid rush strategy. As long as you scout them, you can stop them from doing it. I would get quite annoyed by people who didn't actually want to play a tactical game (it's not quite chess, I know) and wanted to just rack up cheap wins.

Towards the end of my time playing it, (I was properly addicted and had to uninstall it in the end) the community was quite small, but seemingly dedicated. I got to recognise a few player names and occasionally you'd get the same player two deathmatches in a row. I still wonder what enjoyment they got from following what must have been identical button presses in every single game. Buy power plant, buy garage, build helicopter x 100 spam until game over. So, that. Realising that I had scouted too late and I was going to lose to someone that I knew was a worse player (but still winning, so maybe not) and playing in such a mindless (but effective) way. That was the most infuriating thing I've had in a game, I think.

I would love it if they made a Halo Wars 3 though, no interest in the campaign, but the online was excellent.

Last edited:

Kurotri

When I was a teenager I raged so hard at League of Legends I punched a dent in the front case of my PC that was sitting right next to me. It was pretty caved in...

Spaceman292

Banned
I got pretty annoyed trying to play Anthem again recently. I just wanted to fly around and shoot things a little, but it wouldn't even start up. It kept asking me to sign in with some arcane fucking Microsoft account that I've never heard of, and it's impossible to reset the password or anything. The game is literally unplayable.

Rhazkul

Never. At the 50th attempt to kill a Boss in Dark Souls, i just laugh like a maniac. If i get too demoralized, i just put the controller away and do something else until i'm in a better mood.
If you rage so hard at a game that you break stuff or get into verbal rage fits, you have some issues - depending on severity.
I knew a guy IRL who kept cursing, flaming and insulting other players in his online-shooters (and no, not in a funny way or to have some banter) and i was baffled when i saw him in action being so rageful and thought to myself: "Mate, why the heck do you play these games? You clearly aren't enjoying yourself and seem bitter and hateful."

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Don’t think I would go that far. Would most likely face palmed. Then in frustration quit the game. (Mostly single player games). Would usually come back to it later. To get past the bit I couldn’t.

Billbofet

When I was a kid and got three games a year for my NES, one of them was Ghosts n Goblins. I would rage so hard that my mom heard me one day and thought I was crying and beating the shit out of my sister - who wasn't even home at the time. She drove me to KB Toys and got the manager to exchange it for Commando, without a receipt and after owning it for months.
Never revisited that game, but I beat the SNES sequel.
Fuck you Ghosts n Goblins.

I complain a lot and I raged a lot in tough games but never broke anything, never punched anything I have self control. Also Im poor so cant exactly afford to buy peripherals as often as changing my underpants.

Zoloft

Banned
Dota 2.

I think the thread can be closed now.
8k hours there, still a pleb. to this day I don't really understand why I always come back.
but the most I have raged is when Bungie announced they are sunsetting some single-player content.
I literally bought the DLCs for the lore and to play single-player content and I didn't have much time to finish, to the point I pray every day for Bungie to get shutdown forever.

H4ze

Yeah, I raged many times in my life but nothing too serious except that one time I got sooo fucking mad at DQ11 that I threw the controller on the floor and broke the right stick.

If I feel the rage coming up now, I just punch a pillow on my sofa.

Disco Dave

Slightly off topic but I enjoy watching rage quits on YouTube. DSP is one of the saltiest losers I've witnessed. Its never his fault. There has been some epic trolling of him over the years. Here's a compilation if you are as depraved as me.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Several games, but never broke anything. Recently raged over TotK that saved before a non skippable cut scene before a boss that killed me some times -_-'

Last edited:

Rhazkul

Slightly off topic but I enjoy watching rage quits on YouTube. DSP is one of the saltiest losers I've witnessed. Its never his fault. There has been some epic trolling of him over the years. Here's a compilation if you are as depraved as me.

It's funny. But the problem is that a lot of people don't understand that this is all an act and he's playing a character. So they adopt this behaviour, thinking it's completely normal. And so people end up in dismal online environments/communities where everyone flames each other and matches end early because of rage quitters. Gaming needs more positive role models - but alas, Twitch is just another cesspool of these clowns.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I flung my fucking controller to the moon while playing Lion King for my Genesis. I wanted to get to that pseudo 3d canyon chase level so bad.

Edit: this sparked a memory. I actually learned to keep a broken 3 button controller next to me while playing. When I would lose my shit, I would grab the decoy and fling it around.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Dark Souls Bed of Chaos.

mister rogers middle finger GIF

Roberts

Probably shouted at the screen once or twice when I was a young man, mostly while playing against cheaters in NHL 96 or 97 online but it is a thing of the past. The worst I do these days is whisper fuuuuck after, for example, getting killed by late-game Sekiro boss for the 50th time.

LordOfChaos

Yeah, not how I work, I'll be frustrated sure but not take it out on a controller or a drywall Kyle style, sometimes just sigh at the ceiling and turn off the gaming device.

Top Bottom