• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's up with WarioWare Touched!?

box-l.jpg

There's a copy of it just sitting at my EB Games. Used. It's been there all summer... taunting me. Why has no one bought this?! More importantly, why haven't I?

Post your opinions if you own it, and trolling if you don't.

mutsu

1. WarioWare Twisted
2. WarioWare
3. ....
4. .....
5. ......
6. .......
7. ........
8. .........
9. ..........
10. WarioWare Touched

That's why.

Easily the worst in the series, especially all the "toys" in the game is just that, toys.

I spent about 10 hours just unlocking the last toy, and what did it give me? It's so insignificant that I don't even remember.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mr. Spinnington said:
Post your opinions if you own it, and trolling if you don't.

Troll.jpg

Get it if you're so intrigued by it. I played it once and it was pretty fun.

Stryder

It's awesome, you should buy it.

Definitely a great title, it's perfect for showing to friends about what the DS is capable of, it's been the most played out of my library due to it's ease to pick up.

E-Nature

well the game is good but the older wario ware games were somehow more fun!
but it's still a great game, though!

sucks
sucks
picture of troll
sucks
doesn't know what he's talking about
sucks

Great! You guys saved me enough to buy a different game in the future!

What's coming out on DS for the rest of this year? OH! Contact!

Is it worth 10$ at least?

This was one of those games that released during the early 2005 DS drought... all those games have been erased from my mind after witnessing the greatness of Castlevania, Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah FFIII definitely. I'm just a rabid StarFox fanboy and my frothing demand for the DS game increases daily.

Polari

I liked it. Probably the easiest of the Warioware titles, or at least of the ones I've played though. If it's cheap, go for it.

BooJoh

I was going to post something in defense of WarioWare Touched here right up until you said "Contact," which looks amazing.

Touched is actually pretty fun, and has some nice catchy music and stuff. The toys sucked, but to be fair, so did the Twisted toys. The original WarioWare still owns the rest.

But get Contact or one of the many other amazing upcoming games if you have to choose between this and them.

Fusebox

Banned
I own all 3, heed me well...

Warioware Twisted
WarioWare Inc
Touched

I actually played Touched first and it was a real let-down so I almost didn't buy Twisted when I saw it in a bargain bin for $20 - damn good thing I got though coz its absolutely priceless.

Mr Jared

The only entertainment I got out of Touched was the ability to play the theme of The O.C. on the piano toy.

1. WarioWare Twisted
2. WarioWare
3. ....
4. .....
5. ......
6. .......
7. ........
8. .........
9. ..........
10. WarioWare Touched

This is an excellent summary of my feelings.

medrew

E-Nature said:
well the game is good but the older wario ware games were somehow more fun!
but it's still a great game, though!

Older? Didn't Twisted come out a far bit after Touched?
I know I got touched in Dec 94, and Twisted in summer 2005.

I liked Touched. Although someone has had my copy since I finished it (read: forever) so I don't know if it has held up with the influx of DS games.
If you place it in isolation from the other games then people would be far more accepting of it, but of course you can't do that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Touched is boring shit. Twisted is much better. I can't believe Twisted got delayed by 2 months because of this shitty game

medrew

Fusebox said:
I wanna shop where YOU shop!!!

Well my Touched is the Japanese verison, but even so it came out 14/02/05 in the US.
Twisted: 23/05/05.

So I was still technically correct. :)

mutsu

medrew said:
Older? Didn't Twisted come out a far bit after Touched?
I know I got touched in Dec 94, and Twisted in summer 2005.

December 1994? The N64 wasn't even out then, let alone the DS?

Seriously. Twisted came out before Touched in Japan so that's why some people will say that Touched is newer and Twisted is older.

I'll just sit happy with Electroplankton until Phoenix Wright 2. That or something way ****ing better, if something way ****ing better comes out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Stryder said:
What? really? how, you two gotta explain why these other games are better.

Here's my take:

In wario ware half the fun was working out what to do in two seconds, then quickly carrying it out - often meaning you get your fingers in a jumble. Plus its the first, so they probably fine tuned the games.

In twisted, the input is pretty much limited to - twisting - but its still a novelty input and quite 'twitchy'.

In touched, touching is basically just pointing at something, so I think the games are too 'normal'. Plus it was probably rushed to get out for launch so it isn't as polished.

8bit

Knows the Score
It's astoundingly mediocre compared to the other games. The 9-Volt stuff is quite fun if you have the patience, but it's not really worth your money unless you really want it. And even then, not at anything akin to full price.

Yusaku

Nice to know I'm not alone. I particularly hated all the story bullshit, a complete 360 from the GBA games (they were funny and quirky before). Was Touched made by a totally different dev team? It feels like it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
eh, it was quite fun, fun enough to complete at launch for me. It was definately weaker than the GBA one though.

Tadaima

Fusebox said:
I own all 3, heed me well...

All three of the four?

Touched is great fun. You'll get hours of play out of it and will likely be encouraged to unlock everything.

However, the others are better :)

stalker

Touched! is a good game. It is just inferior to the other two, but still a good game, and no way near as terrible as this thread seems to show.

I would say this is a similar case to the ones of Partners in Time, Double Dash, Wind Waker, Sunshine, etc. All of them good games (very good indeed), but inferior to what we expected...

I actually went through every game to get the "bonus" and was very very dissapointed. The game is still very fun and much better than Feel the Magic. Plus I love the Ashley theme. Any WarioWare game is still a good one, but this one lacked variety and the microphone levels really added nothing fun to the game. It might have the best NES levels though.

Bojangles

Feel the Magic and WW:Touched are must-plays. If you're happy with Electroplankton, then you MUST try these other games, if for no other reason than "This is what the DS is about bitches."

MrPonx

Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted Twisted

Gigglepoo

Chris Michael said:
Is it worth 10$ at least?

Yes

And who made that Top 10 WW List up top? There are currently 4 WW games. Twisted is still the best, but the GC version is second. No reason to own the original if you own the GC version. Turtle Stacking! Make sure you own at least Twisted and the Gamecube version before you buy this one, but it's definetely worth $10. This isn't a Sonic Rush situation, where you're better off just doing Sudoko puzzles in the newspaper. Touched isn't great, but it'll find a nice home in your collection if you dig the Wario Ware.

agent069

Banned
Wow there's quite a lot of hate for Touched here. I have to admit that it doesn't have the freshness that the original one had when it was realesed, nor does it have the awesomeness of twisted. But it's definetely a great game. I you like Wario Ware you HAVE to play it.

Mike and Ashley's music alone are worst a but, and the final stage is awesome. Wario is such a ****ed up caracter in this game :lol

Top Bottom