• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your go-to pigout meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

It's 4:47am on a Friday night, and I'm hungry as hell. I don't have much around to eat, and I find myself fantasizing about my go-to combo meal when I'm looking to gorge myself.

Now me, most of the food I eat comes from restaurants. Many fine places here in Toronto so when I want to assemble my meal of meals, I have to make a few stops as 1 place just ain't enough. If you obtain your meals from a restaurant, by all means tell us where so we can partake as well :) Pictures are welcome!

3 piece fried chicken meal from Chick N' Joy. White meat, fries extra crispy:
Jollibee_Chicken_Joy.gif

1/2 pound pulled pork from Pig Out BBQ:
Large_8376_for_2493.jpg

Small KFC macaroni & potato salads:
menu_Image_1.jpg

1 Popeye's biscuit:
thumb_600.jpg

That's my go-to meal when I want the pig the frack out and don't give a shyte about calories. It pretty much puts me on a food coma and I love it!

vivftp

Holy shit OP, I dont have the time or patience to drive to that many places.

2 large pizzas and wings.

Luckily for me, all 4 places can be reached in the total span of about 4-5 minutes driving. It's my perfect combo, so if I'm in the mood for it, I'll go that extra mile :)

this is the second chickenjoy related thread today lol

That's no coincidence. I was scrolling through that thread and it just intensified my damn hunger :(

Dereck

WingStop

15 mild traditional wings, any mix of drums and flats, don't care

ranch on the side, fries on the side

either that or 7 mild and 8 lemon pepper

Breads

Banned
The Greater Good Barbecue at Roswell/ Atlanta

Lil Smokie plate

Brisket/Brisket (sliced) and extra pieces of Texas Toast
Mac and Cheese
Tots (with added cheese)

I don't like driving late at night.
I'd either order some Thai from a local place or Pizza Hut (I kind of like their jalapeno flavored tater tots).

Zackat

It used to be just any kind of pizza and knots with soda.

But when I lived in Gainesville a 4 Rivers Smokehouse came to town. This place has some pretty damn good BBQ for how quick it is, not to mention really good cakes and other desserts. They also have Cheerwine, which isn't as common in restaurants in Florida as it is in North Carolina.

I would get a meal that had 3 different kinds of meat of your choice (pulled pork, brisket, and burnt ends was mine) and they would give you bread to put it on. Sides would be their corn they have which is great, and baked beans. I would always go after the lines would die down and would be eating a huge pile of food within a few minutes of walking in.

I miss that place.

Ploppee

Does it have to be takeout / restaurant food? Cos if I'm in the mood for a big old knees up pig out then I'll make myself either a huge fried breakfast (bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, mushroom, toast, tomato) or a lasagne. Tends to depend on the time of day really.

Fat4all

Banned
the Taco Bell app in particular lets me pig out

IN THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY POSSIBLE

It allows me to inhale my food without having to worry

about bad foods, like veggies, getting in the way

BAJA BLAAAAAST

velociraptor

I'll just eat a shit load of chicken and rice really. Or spaghetti bolognese.

I'll sometimes have mad cravings and all it'll take to get rid of them is a cream filled donut or chocolate eclair.

Marvel

could never
McDonalds

Two burgers, two large fries a vanilla milkshake and a flurry ice cream.

Or a big plate of Nacho's.

dvdjamm

Luckily for me, all 4 places can be reached in the total span of about 4-5 minutes driving. It's my perfect combo, so if I'm in the mood for it, I'll go that extra mile :)

Just wondering...Do you really go to Popeye's just for 1 biscuit?

My choices

Fish & Chips with Malt Vinegar and a little Salt

piccadillyfc01-yelp.jpg

Pupusas, usually Pork + Cheese

2bb4ce69a85e94a540add93a0244b113.jpg

The Matt Cain (Turkey, Roast Beef, Salami and Provolone) from Ike's Place

o.jpg

vivftp

Only 3 pieces???

Combined with everything else, it's actually quite a lot. The portion of fries they give is quite large compared to what you'd get from a place like Popeyes or KFC. It's about 2-3x the amount of fries they give. Add everything else, and it's sometimes a struggle to finish.

Just wondering...Do you really go to Popeye's just for 1 biscuit?

To achieve perfection, why not :)

Oh I go to Popeye's normally for their chicken and all, but honestly I prefer Chick N' Joys chicken to theirs. Only go to Popeye's when I want something like Rip N' Chicken or some of their spicy chicken. Chick N' Joys biscuit and salads are a step or two down from the others I listed in the OP IMO, so if I've got a craving, I'll put in the extra effort :)

Also, if Popeye's happens to have the cherry cheesecake pies, I'll pick one or two of those up. Been a few months since they had them though...

Does it have to be takeout / restaurant food? Cos if I'm in the mood for a big old knees up pig out then I'll make myself either a huge fried breakfast (bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, mushroom, toast, tomato) or a lasagne. Tends to depend on the time of day really.

Nope, whatever food you choose as your personal pig out experience. I just happen to do all take-out.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Poppies' size L double haddock & chips
Poppies-cod.jpg

L'antica pizzeria
10787845_781917365213493_570701112_n.jpg

McDonald's double cheeseburger x 2 + original bbq x 1 + spicy x 1 + classic x 1

Cafe at work makes a pretty good chicken (or regular) cheesesteak. Pair that with fries and I will be in a coma for the remainder of the day.

Apt101

From pretty much any Chinese takeout joint, it's called "Singapore chow mei fun". Basically Chinese-style pancit (in a pan with oil, high heat) with some curry and other hot spices, various vegetables (varies on where you go), shrimp, beef, chicken, and pork - though I get it without the pork.

It is so damned good and so filling as it comes in huge portions, but an obvious calorie bomb, so I try to limit my ordering of this to once or twice a month. If I actually had the time to workout enough to burn it off, I swear I'd eat it every day. Some days I can't even eat it all at once, so one order is lunch and dinner.

singapore.jpg

Oh, my number 2 has to be the quarter chicken white meal from Boston Market with mashed potatoes and corn. All greasy and lovely.

Surprised this took over 40 posts!

Mine is a banquet from a local Chinese gaff. Hot and sour soup, prawn crackers, sui mai, spring rolls, prawn toast, won tons, crispy peking duck and pancakes, beef in black bean sauce, egg fried rice, banana fritter with ice cream. I can get all that for around £18. If I ever got executed, I would probably request all that for my last meal too.

pitchfork

Full English every other Sunday morning at my local organic farm shop and café

2 sausage, 2eggs, 2bacon rashers, fried tomatoes, beans,2 hash browns, slice of toast and black pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom