• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your Mario Kart Wii wishlist?

NeonZ

They shouldn't keep 2 racers... It makes items too important, because it makes them twice as common as they really are. However, I did like the kart variety, including the cars, like Wario's and Bowser's.

I'm not sure about a "Nintendo Kart", some franchises just wouldn't fit and it could even hurt their image.

Razoric

Banned
NeonZ said:
They shouldn't keep 2 racers... It makes items too important, because it makes them twice as common as they really are. However, I did like the kart variety, including the cars, like Wario's and Bowser's.

I'm not sure about a "Nintendo Kart", some franchises just wouldn't fit and it could even hurt their image.

Hurt their image? :lol

The mini-skid isn't necessarily a bad idea, because it does open the game up to more 'tiers' of players. You have players who don't skid at all, player's who skid, players who mini-skid, and player's who snake. So there's more immediately obvious depth than the earlier games.

The mini-skid and snaking was made easier with the d-pad IMO, but both MK64 and MKDD had snaking of some sort as well, though. It was also more noticed because of the competition online.

I can snake fairly well in MKDS, but not well enough to get near some of the crazier lap times online. In that sense, i preferred how in MK64 i could keep pace with the best times by mastering the subtlety of mini-skids more easily than mastering 100% course snaking in MKDS.

MK64 (despite the haters) had subtlety in it's mini-skidding (timing the left/right pushes to keep the best line, and straightening up your character on an exit, among others).

But, SMK had some incredibly subtle depth masked in pure simplicity, and simplicity is best. MKDD was totally disapointing to me because they just added too much to the formula.

I doubt we'll ever see the series go completely to it's roots again, but i do think perhaps the mini-skid system has become overused now - they need something new, hopefully the wiimote can create some different control method.

ant1532

Banned
Since Nintendo confirmed they are using friend codes with Wii still I think they will at least make it so you can send them to eachother and it enters automatically on the Wii it self instead of the bull shit of going through forums and writing 16 numbers down...

Thats all I really want.

But I wouldn't mind a minor Double Dash mode with Co-Op online play. That was fun.

Oh yea, bring Decals online for sharing with others. And an online top rated Decal list on the game itself actually instead of the site

Or just forget Mario Kart alltogether and pick up Diddy Kong Racing for the Gamecube and make that a real game with all the Nintendo characters. (cmon Rare, you know you want to make it)

SuomiDude

ant1532 said:
Or just forget Mario Kart alltogether and pick up Diddy Kong Racing for the Gamecube and make that a real game with all the Nintendo characters. (cmon Rare, you know you want to make it)

Why would Rare make it? I don't think they'll ever release a new game for Nintendo's home console, unless something strange happens with M$ and Rare. Also Nintendo could make a new DKR easily, and it would even have better controls this time (one of the bad things about DKR).

Gigglepoo

SuomiDude said:
Oh and those who complain about the power slide, the original SMK already had a prototype of it. You could make the slide and if done right, you can get a boost when you finish the slide. SO it's always been there.

Super Circuit and SMK both gave a mild boost to perfect powerslides. This is how it should be. I don't want to wiggle the controller to do a boost. It's not difficult, but it is annoying.

ant1532

Banned
SuomiDude said:
Why would Rare make it? I don't think they'll ever release a new game for Nintendo's home console, unless something strange happens with M$ and Rare. Also Nintendo could make a new DKR easily, and it would even have better controls this time (one of the bad things about DKR).
Because the trailer and the game was being developed by Rare. It wouldn't be that strange, i mean they're already making games for DS...

SuomiDude

ant1532 said:
Because the trailer and the game was being developed by Rare. It wouldn't be that strange, i mean they're already making games for DS...

Oh, you meant Donkey Kong Racing, not Diddy Kong Racing. Not that it makes any difference though, as DKR was supposed to be a sequel to DKR :)

But as I said, I don't see Rare making games for Nintendo's home consoles, as M$ still has a competitor there, unlike on handhelds. Also there's a Donkey Kong racing coming for GameCube, although not in the way some people hoped for. If there's going to be a new DKR game on a home console, it'll be for Wii.

ant1532

Banned
SuomiDude said:
Oh, you meant Donkey Kong Racing, not Diddy Kong Racing. Not that it makes any difference though, as DKR was supposed to be a sequel to DKR :)

But as I said, I don't see Rare making games for Nintendo's home consoles, as M$ still has a competitor there, unlike on handhelds. Also there's a Donkey Kong racing coming for GameCube, although not in the way some people hoped for. If there's going to be a new DKR game on a home console, it'll be for Wii.
Yea, i see what you mean, but boy does that game(the bongo racing) look like crap.(if released higher then $20.) I think they should just cancel it and have that team move on to Wii or something

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
more of a Nintendo Wii wifi request than a mario kart request.
Universal friend code. Link you nintendo login to your Wii serial number and generate a singel[/e] friend code that can be used on all online games.

Ashodin

Or for that matter, what are the chances of releasing the Namco Kart with the next Wii version as an unlockable?

I think it should use and update slightly the graphics engine from Mario Kart Arcade. No Namco characters like Arcade. Online play for up to 8 people (Grand Prix INCLUDED along with VS. and Battle), with emblem design like in the DS version. Motion and standard controls as options.

gimz said:
let you jump off from the track for shortcup (ie: rainbow road in MK64)

Oh, yeah. No more stupid fences for the weak. If I screw up, I want to fall of the course, not be buffeted by a guard rail.

Jiggy

Create-a-character.
Same thing that's on my wishlist for most every franchise in existence, really. Looks like I might start getting my wish to an extent with Nintendo games, considering the Wii Sports avatar thing.

jko

Yoshi's Valley from MK64

and a LOOOOOONG Rainbow Road(or any other) course like the one in MK64 would be awesome, that course takes 2 whole minutes to complete A LAP!! :lol Love it!~

Gigglepoo

Man, Rainbow Road in MK64 was one of the worst tracks in the series. Long and boring. Nothing like that please. And there better not be one guard rail on the entire course.

Also, just pretend that the Namco version didn't happen. It's for the best.

Gigglepoo

Maxrpg said:
But you knooow Rainbow Road will be in every game. IT HAS TO BE.

There's no way you can deny it.

Of course it's going to be there. It wouldn't be Mario Kart without Rainbow Road. It just better not bear any resemblance to the MK64 version. Tedious.

Deku

Banned
Must be a real racer, as clearly, all Mario Karts are not real racing games. This means it must support tilt control + traditional controls, so that people who aren't into the franchise can imagine what it will play like on other consoles.

All kidding aside, I want a more robust on-line system. More stats, lobby chats, and easier to set up races. I don't care too much about the mechanics, the design team will take care of it.

How about a monthly Tournament?

And a huge one every three month where the Winner gets 10 free downloadable retro games or something like that :D

Gigglepoo

What is the appeal of custom Karts? It made the characters almost worthless in MKDS. I'd rather Nintendo balance the racers than the karts.

DyersEve

Every character should just have one kart and their regular stats, none of this unlock a different kart crap.
Keep characters balanced, their own strengths and weaknesses.
Coins, more coins you have the more top speed will go up. You get hit you lose coins. You lose all coins you get hit you spin out.
NO SNAKEING
Alot more courses with obstacles, bring back the train!! but make it longer so if people get caught at the rail crossing they have to try harder to catch up.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So many bad ideas...

Look at MKDS. Carry over most of that into MK "Wii". Make sure that online play is IDENTICAL to local play.

That's all I want, really -- new courses and such.

Two racing modes:

Classic Racing Mode -- Single Player - Single Kart

Double Dash Mode -- Two Player - 2 Racers in One Kart

Here's where I'd mix it up ... more emphasis on co-op ... 2 player play with *one* nunchaku controller.

Player's sit side by side, one person uses the analog nunchaku to steer/control the kart, the other player uses the Wiimote to aim/fire objects.

I'd also add other things for the 2nd player to do to make it more interesting ... ie: player 1 steers the kart right next to an opponent, player 2 "swipes" the Wiimote in the air, the characters on-screen punches the opponent or jams their wheels.

Tons of Battle Mode levels, online Battle Mode, lots of classic levels as well, special Double Dash Battle modes as well to emphasize play with 2 characters in one kart.

Track-creator mode that lets you create your own tracks/battle arenas and distribute them online.

24/7 Wii-mode that allows Nintendo to send you new tracks or characters over time.

SumGamer

I need an option to smack disconnector hard and bomb their system. Bloody moron ruin the fun :(
and snaking was bad make it harder to do :(
No Bullet Bill, Chainchomp please.
Maybe some new item like minishroom that will turn you tiny so you can use the hidden short cut.

Battersea Power Station said:
Oh, oh, oh -- this is not just for Mario Kart, but for F-Zero: give people the option to broadcast their ghosts/replays online.

Yeah that would be cool also.

I think they should do two Mario Kart's for the Wii

Mario Kart All-Stars

Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and Mario Kart DS ... remade on the Wii with one centralized graphics engine.

All games have online play.

Perhaps they could offer this through Nintendo WiFi.

In addition to Mario Kart Wii.

must:

- longer/shorter levels (has to be a good variety)
- More levels (like 25+)
- More characters

Super must:

- More shortcuts!
- Get rid of the blue shell damnit!
- some more stuff i can't come up of now.

Top Bottom