• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When and How do you Game?

Do you Game when friends are over? Certain Days? Certain Moods?

I can only, for example, get into PC games if I have something playing on the TV. For some reason, but having something to sorta switch between what im playing and watching, its more fun.

When I play console games I generally fire up an mp3 playlist. Every room arrangement ive had I try to have the computer and tv facing each other, so I do a lot of spinning in place.

I dont really game with people these days cause 40 hours of retail and 30 of school a week kill all desire to see MOST people (not including women which I tend to make exceptions for) so I just sit in my room and entertain myself in WHOLESOME ways.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
mptv1.gif

"If you ONLY knew...."

hobbitx

I also like stuff in the background, I usually just leave G4 on for the pulse updates and a few of the promos I like, minus that godawful cosplay crap.

My love for console gaming scares me, with my pc games I can control myself and just play something for a steady 1 or 2 hours, I guess because the pc environment is a bit more distracting. With console games though, I can play something and get lost for hours and hours. I still remember how addictive Conker was on N64.

RiZ III

Moods. I got four basic moods. Anime, Gaming, Programming, depression(aka doing nothing). Recently I have discovered the joys of PC gaming.

evil ways

I game at least 4-5 hours a week. Sometimes after work, I shower, eat dinner then play a bit PS2, GC or Xbox, especially on mondays and tuesdays when I just kill some time before my favorite shows are on at night.

On the rare weekends I might go to a friend's house and we play VF4 Evo, King of Colosseum or No Mercy/VPW2. Back when a large group of us used to get together for PPV's we played Mario Kart 64, No Mercy/VPW2, and NBA Live.

When arcades were good and up to date, I used to bring my walkman or portable CD player while playing other people in Marvel vs Capcom 2, Tekken 3 & Tag and SFIII, cause a lot of the regulars were whiners, complaining and making up stupid excuses for losing.

Chrono

Banned
Pretty random in most cases. I would just think for a moment on what to do and choose if I want to watch an anime, or play games. Of course that's in my free time-- when I'm not studying for example.. When it's a game I really like I usually play it every chance I get until I finish it like an RPG for example. When I start a new game that I know will take some time, I usually make sure I have several hours (3-5) empty just so I can relax playing.

When I play I try to keep distractions at minimum and make sure I have a good supply of chocolate, chips, ice cream, and 7up. :D There are exceptions, when I level up in RPGs I put the TV on mute and listen to a play list on my iTunes and for PC games I don't mid distractions (I have the TV on most of the time-- TechTV which is now-- ugh-- G whatever).

Dyne

Well, when I'm with friends half the time I'm playing games. If I'm beat and there's no one online to talk to when no one is over, I'll head downstairs to play some games.

SteadyEvo

Moods. I got four basic moods. Anime, Gaming, Programming, depression(aka doing nothing). Recently I have discovered the joys of PC gaming.
I feel you. Moods and if I wanna be bothered with the outside world 🌍. Hermit mode 🧙‍♂️ Playing games that remind me of happy periods in life. MP if I wanna beat someone’s ass. Not literally but to release my frustration on others via an ass whooping in Madden that makes my opponent quit 😆 so satisfying

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
damn even back in the 2000s people realized how epic PC gaming is. it's only gotten so much better since 2004 as well

Guilty_AI

8d6.gif

2004 eh

i remember struggling to run farcry 1 smoothly on my PC that year
Back then i didn't have a good pc. So, whenever i wanted to play something a bit newer i had to wait for my vacation, visit family with my parents in other state, and there i'd use my cousin's PC to play the stuff that i wanted.

Last edited:

Pelao

I play a little bit on my PS2 every day when I come home from school, as long as I don't have a lot of homework. My friends sometimes come over on the weekends and we have LAN parties playing Unreal Tournament or Ghost Recon. We plan to try that new Warcraft MMO when it launches at the end of the year, but personally I don't see Blizzard succeeding with a non-strategy game.

Top Bottom