• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When gaffers suggest names for an OT... but thread creator decides otherwise.

Jonnax

The worst is when there's 50 pages left in a thread but people start the OT name game.

Why do they clog up threads with that crap?

Chao

I just want to say that the current title for the "Pics that make you laugh" thread makes me furious.

"Finn and shape shifting dog but no time for adventures"

What the fuck is THAT?

Fbh

If it's a well made OT and effort went into it I think that the OP has earned the right to name it

I wonder why people put so much work and thought into an OP anyway when no one reads them. Even on page 1 they will ask questions that are answered in the OP.

Alienous

I'm happy with OT creators making the threads whatever they want, because if it isn't a title people were gunning for the page 1 backlash is hilarious.

dosh

Pretty much. Unless a suggested one is really clever ("The Godfather" for the future GoW OT), I hate puns and joke titles and always go with simple or thematic titles

Another really fun and clever one

The original title for the Hotline Miami 2 OT will forever be my favorite. I understand why it was changed, but I liked it a lot.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever puts in the time and effort of making the thread gets the final say IMO, not that it really matters.

The way I see it, if you are the one who volunteers to make an OT for all us lazy plebs then you have final say on the thread title. It's also irrelevant after a few minutes of lulz when an OT first opens.

dosh

Come on man you can't say that and not tell us what it is!

Ho yeah, sorry. I hate when people do that, I came back to edit but you were faster.

It was "Hotline Miami 3 |OT| Wrong Number"

Wrong Number being the actual undertitle of Hotline Miami 2.

Plum

Ho yeah, sorry. I hate when people do that, I came back to edit but you were faster.

Ah yeah that's some good stuff. Can definitely see why it would be changed after the initial reaction, but it's still pretty damn clever.

ZeroX03

Banned
Legend of Zelda: Breath |OT| Wild

The mods (sadly) like OT titles to have the proper name in the first part with no fooling around. Probably for search reasons. Trust me, I know.

dosh

The mods (sadly) like OT titles to have the proper name in the first part with no fooling around. Probably for search reasons. Trust me, I know.

That's the reason they gave for changing Hotline Miami OT, but they let it be in its original form for quite some time if I remember correctly.

I can understand the reasoning, but without this very thread, I would never have seen the Zelda one for example.

Aeana

Almost none of my OTs have subtitles; I don't like them. I did use one on the thread I created yesterday, but it felt relevant. I'll never forget the Uncharted "Metal Bar Handjob Barrelton Awesomesauce" one and how stupid it was.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
GAF OT naming conventions |OT| No fun allowed

going by some of the responses in this thread

sheaaaa

Pretty much. Unless a suggested one is really clever ("The Godfather" for the future GoW OT), I hate puns and joke titles and always go with simple or thematic titles

Another really fun and clever one

I find "thematic" ones almost as cringeworthy as terrible inside jokes tbh.

Almost none of my OTs have subtitles; I don't like them. I did use one on the thread I created yesterday, but it felt relevant. I'll never forget the Uncharted "Metal Bar Handjob Barrelton Awesomesauce" one and how stupid it was.

Oddly enough I was just thinking about that dumb one yesterday. What was that 10 years ago? We've been here a long time.

Top Bottom