• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When the hell is Ninja Gaiden going to drop in price?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
MoxManiac said:
IT's been out how long? And no drop yet? I want it, but i'm cheap!

Probably not immediately with new content coming. Maybe by the holidays? I'm sure you could get it for cheap on eBay or the equivalent.

Hcow

I find it funny that people think it's a god-given right to have cheap games. It doesn't help when publishers drop the prices of poor-selling games nowadays.

Remember how long it took for Halo to drop to $30?

MoxManiac

It's my god-given right because I AM a god!! And you are all my peons!!! AHWHAHAHAHAHAHMUAHAHAHAHAHAHahahah ow my nose.

Mrbob

Tell people to stop buying it! :D

It still sold 30K in May. Probably won't drop in price until it becomes a Platinum Hits. It wasn't an overshipped BOMB! BOMB! like Pandora Tommorrow where they had to slash prices to clear inventory!

Ninja Gaiden >>> Mox

Just buy it, fool!

SyNapSe

Yeah, probably going to take a bit.. Especially with them releasing the new content. Maybe a price drop before Xmas to help boost sales.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja Gaiden is a AAA game. Fully worth the $50 price tag.

ChrisReid

MoxManiac said:
IT's been out how long? And no drop yet?

It hasn't even been out four months yet. Some of the games from last Christmas (several EA titles most notably) are just dropping now, or haven't dropped yet. Ninja Gaiden probably won't go down in price before Need For Speed Underground, which came out last November.

rastex

Banned
Team Ninja games seem to take forever to drop in price. I think DOAXVB was full price for like 6 months or something ridiculous like that.

Crispy

MoxManiac said:
IT's been out how long? And no drop yet? I want it, but i'm cheap!

Looks like you just dethroned Wario64 as the REAL cheapass gamer!

And i agree, Ninja Gaiden is worth the $50.

Kudie

Yeah, I don't expect the price to go down any time soon. Its been out since March, which is only four full months. I expect the game to sell well for at least the next couple of months and into the holidays at the $50 price tag. Besides, the game is worth the $50 price tag IMO.

"It still sold 30K in May. Probably won't drop in price until it becomes a Platinum Hits. It wasn't an overshipped BOMB! BOMB! like Pandora Tommorrow where they had to slash prices to clear inventory!"

Wha? I thought that was selling well?

AniHawk

Might take almost a year, like KoTOR did. I imagine MS knows it can get a lot of sales out of it until the new year with the $150 Xbox bundle + Halo 2 and Halo price drop Xbox megaspike during Xmas.

impirius

3 copies of old football games + Gamerush's trade-in-3-get-any-used-for-$5 = Used Ninja Gaiden for practically nothing

Matlock said:
BUY USED

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GAME STORE

Used copy at EB/GS = $45
New copy at BB w/ coupon= $45

New copy wins. I'm all for supporting local game stores, but I'm also for supporting developers.

Meier

olubode said:

If a game has been out for a few months, I refuse to pay full price for it. At that point, regardless of quality, I'm waiting till its considerably cheaper (Disgaea excluded since I wanted to own it and dont think it'll ever drop).

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Meier said:
If a game has been out for a few months, I refuse to pay full price for it. At that point, regardless of quality, I'm waiting till its considerably cheaper (Disgaea excluded since I wanted to own it and dont think it'll ever drop).

The patch/DLC from Tecmo makes the game worth the bloody $50. Even with it being a couple of months old. However, thats your preference for waiting so c'est la vie. If I had a 'box, I would have no problem paying $50 for this game.

Mrbob

Meier said:

Take a queue in line and enjoy our posts telling you how awesome Ninja Gaiden 1.1 is. :D

Dujour

Banned
Right, damn it? I've been waiting for a while. It's like waiting for a movie to go to dvd. They're going to end up doing the same thing they did with Halo. That's not even down to $20 yet. M$ >:O

Rhindle

Don't hold your breath. Tecmo pretty never discounts its Xbox games. Fatal Frame 1 and DOAXBV are still MSRPed at $50.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rhindle said:
Don't hold your breath. Tecmo pretty never discounts its Xbox games. Fatal Frame 1 and DOAXBV are still MSRPed at $50.

Best Buy had Fatal Frame 2 (PS2) for $9.99 a couple months ago :p

Meier

Mrbob said:
Take a queue in line and enjoy our posts telling you how awesome Ninja Gaiden 1.1 is. :D

Err, I beat Ninja Gaiden months ago.. my point is that no matter how good a game is, if it's been out 4 months -- there's no reason you can't wait a bit longer until the prices drops. I know that's my MO at least.

olubode said:
Don't you mean triple C- ? I'm not surprised that it's still full price, it's one of the few exclusive games on Xbox that appeals to the old-school crowd.

Alcibiades

Considering the pattern of other high-profile XBox releases, you should be able to find it for $30 in a few months, especially at Best Buy (which had KOTOR for $35 less than a couple of months after release, even though the game sold well)... I remember seeing a bunch of relatively new games (mostly FPS) go down in price for weekly ad sales...

I think Microsoft probably makes deals with retailers to get them to lower prices for weekly ads, unlike Nintendo which is more stingy and you rarely see prices go down until forever (although Target had Pokemon Colosseum for $35 last week?!)...

Right now I'm waiting for The Twin Snakes to go down... Talking to some employee buddies I know Konami recently sent a shipment since my Target and Best Buy hadn't had them for a couple of months, so maybe they are gearing up for a sale...

Top Bottom