• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When The Seagulls Cry: Golden Reverie [Umineko fighter] fan translation

Quick question, have you or anyone else tried using this translation with Cross too to see if it's similar enough for it to work?

cj_iwakura

Took us a while, but we in there.

Script is 100% complete. Once I finish the graphics and line breaks(and hard sub the OP), we release the patch.

My dream is that they will someday port the PS3 novels to Vita and it get's a western release.

I mean obviously that is going to happen right? Right?

;-;

cj_iwakura

My dream is that they will someday port the PS3 novels to Vita and it get's a western release.

I mean obviously that is going to happen right? Right?

;-;

irflqet5cvFEt.gif

cj_iwakura

So, update.

As I hope everyone knows, all that's left are the graphics and text and such.

i3mSps2.jpg

(If you want my opinion, I think she's the female.)

I have all the graphics extracted, thanks to a certain imageboard's delightful SeaCat Fight Tools extractor©.

qRzSktG.png

So all I have to do is make that...

6r5nOaQ.png

into that.

Also, the OP is hardsubbed in game.

cj_iwakura

Major hurdle cleared.

aFJP9Zk.jpg

We also got the logo in the lower right translated. I'm rather proud of what our graphic volunteers from reddit accomplished.

oOPQJ01.jpg

cj_iwakura

Interesting update: network mode for vanilla Ougon still works. Me and a tester had a match last night.

That said...

Sheesh. A few more graphics still to go... but we're almost there.

(Which one do you think is the guy?)

Dambrosi

Banned
This looks great. Would a release before the end of the year be out of the question?

Now all i have to do is go read the novels. Great work, cj_iwakura and all involved.

Interesting update: network mode for vanilla Ougon still works. Me and a tester had a match last night.
i thought that the network was p2p ? was i mistaken ?
(Which one do you think is the guy?)
Everyone knows that the guy is
you character you do not think it is .. it's a simple logic trick , both are guys & girls.
A release within a month is expected.

Good to know.

cj_iwakura

Almost makes me want to go through the hassle of setting up my Japanese Xbox and play some of the 360 port.

I wish I had it. Blasphemy there's no PS3 version, since it has the VNs.

Quick question, have you or anyone else tried using this translation with Cross too to see if it's similar enough for it to work?

By the way, we tested it.

No, it does not work. It breaks the script, and everything is garbled jibberish.

That's a shame since there's no reason at all to go back to the first game from Cross.

Still, I'm looking forward to when this is completed.

cj_iwakura

That's a shame since there's no reason at all to go back to the first game from Cross.

Still, I'm looking forward to when this is completed.

I can think of a couple reasons.

Better opening for one(Cross is a pale comparison), and you can play through this story and then appreciate Cross' additions later.

Think of it as playing BB Calamity Trigger rather than getting Extend and having to take in everything all at once.

cj_iwakura

BBCS doesn't have the original story, though.
Well, this is a sequel, but you know what I mean.

Copyright notice:
7lGyeya.jpg

Jessica moveset:
XZTfu47.jpg

RAAAA
seReVJK.jpg

We're shooting for release next weekend.

ahaha.wav

cj_iwakura

Testing is done. Game is 100% ready for Version 1.0.

Warning!

You WILL NEED Ougon Musou Kyoku 1.10!!! That means Jessica!

There are differences. We had to adjust. It was a royal pain.

We're working on the patcher now.

Well, I only just got the time to play it. Btw, did that last patch correct any of these?

tumblr_mwxvdfzNIC1qhhv13o1_500.png

tumblr_mwxvdfzNIC1qhhv13o2_500.png

tumblr_mwxv90l8er1qhhv13o5_500.png

Only played the RonoBato scenario, but if I find more mistakes I'll be sure to post them.
Yes calling it a shippy name was on purpose :V

Edit: These two too
tumblr_mwxy6kUp851qhhv13o1_500.png

tumblr_mwxy6kUp851qhhv13o2_500.png

cj_iwakura

Well, I only just got the time to play it. Btw, did that last patch correct any of these?

tumblr_mwxvdfzNIC1qhhv13o1_500.png

tumblr_mwxvdfzNIC1qhhv13o2_500.png

tumblr_mwxv90l8er1qhhv13o5_500.png

Only played the RonoBato scenario, but if I find more mistakes I'll be sure to post them.
Yes calling it a shippy name was on purpose :V

Edit: These two too
tumblr_mwxy6kUp851qhhv13o1_500.png

tumblr_mwxy6kUp851qhhv13o2_500.png

I wasn't made aware of them until now, so no. We only had one tester because no one here volunteered. :( But I will fix them, thanks.

First time seeing this and I am interested. Always thought this game was fun, just didn't get to play it much since. Gives me an excuse to go find the install discs. Was that a Cross teaser I saw on your site?

cj_iwakura

First time seeing this and I am interested. Always thought this game was fun, just didn't get to play it much since. Gives me an excuse to go find the install discs. Was that a Cross teaser I saw on your site?

The very first thing to accompany the announcement for this was that we would do Cross if this went well.

It did.

If someone wants to make a thread to reflect this being released, they're more than welcome to, but I have some things to iron out in 1.10. Someone's claiming the new OP crashes the game. (Minor issue since the others are available on the site.)

Top Bottom