• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When was the last time you’ve seen your sibling in person?

My brother is a fucking weirdo. He lives next door but I never see him. Barely if ever responds to emails. Never answers his phone. He is the same way with my mom. He works hard and has a lush wife but i think she has gotten past that. I can't imagine he is a very happy person.

Whatever. I've got much bigger problems I have to deal with.

poodaddy

Haven't spoken to my brother, or rather I should say he hasn't spoken to me in 18 years. I made some mistakes in my youth, did some things I wish I didn't, and he hasn't forgave me for it and I don't expect him to ever forgive me for it, nor should he. I've tried apologizing and making it right, but that feels like a lifetime ago and so much has changed since. I joined the Army, got married (twice -_-), had a kid, got really badly injured, had various jobs over the years, moved from the south to the Pacific Northwest and then moved to the East coast. He recently had his first kid too. Our lives are too far gone to fix it now, though admittedly, I do think of how we were as kids sometimes and how close we were and I wish things would have gone differently.

That's ok though. My daughter's got uncles, they just don't share her blood, and maybe that's a good thing all things considered.
Live and learn.

Last edited:
I see most of my family at least once a week. That said, back when I was in the military, I think I went a solid 5 years without physically seeing my family.

KrakenIPA

I've got two brothers, not seen them for over ten years. Last time one reached out to me just to ask for free shit. My friends are more important to me than my siblings.
Ah, what a life, to be a friend of nush.

I can only imagine such a thing.

On this spiraling sphere.

We spin hand in hand.

Winter John

Gold Member
Christmas. I got 4 sisters and they all came down with their families for the week. It was nice. Anyways, I'd heard about this new trend they call gaslighting and I wanted to get in on some of that. So I spent most of the holidays trying to convince my sis her new boyfriend had a lazy eye. She immediately called bullshit then spent the rest of the week trying to figure out if he did or not.

Braag

I see my older sister almost daily cause we work for the same company but at different sectors.
My little sister I see maybe once every few weeks.

MastAndo

At the end of April. I'll be seeing my bro and sis again tomorrow. We usually see each other every 2-3 weeks, which is pretty impressive considering they both moved to another state a few years back, and we talk over group text every single day almost constantly. We're an old school Italian family, consistent contact is all we've ever known and have kept it going into middle age.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Haven't spoken to my brother, or rather I should say he hasn't spoken to me in 18 years. I made some mistakes in my youth, did some things I wish I didn't, and he hasn't forgave me for it and I don't expect him to ever forgive me for it, nor should he. I've tried apologizing and making it right, but that feels like a lifetime ago and so much has changed since. I joined the Army, got married (twice -_-), had a kid, got really badly injured, had various jobs over the years, moved from the south to the Pacific Northwest and then moved to the East coast. He recently had his first kid too. Our lives are too far gone to fix it now, though admittedly, I do think of how we were as kids sometimes and how close we were and I wish things would have gone differently.

That's ok though. My daughter's got uncles, they just don't share her blood, and maybe that's a good thing all things considered.
Live and learn.
Forgiveness is powerful though. I think he would too after 20-years. Your relationship with him as family may start as something new too.

Once I made the decision to live abroad 7-years ago, I knew I may not see my siblings for 10-years given, I don't like travelling. And there is like a 3,400 mile distance. We've all changed to where I don't feel I know any of them the way I did back in early 2016. 2 got married, one has children (a niece I haven't met) and they all too moved. So, there'd be no reunion place that's recogizable. We're all almost completely different people than who we were then.

Top Bottom