• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When was the last time you went into a game truly blind?

SweetShark

I always trying to play games without any kind of spoilers...possible way too much.

Before I buy Undertale I thought it was a Pokemon-like game hahaha!!!

Truly blind? I can't remember, I'd have to go back to the GBA era.

The closet thing to blind is God of War 2018, never watched a trailer or review, I had only watched the early game demo and bought the game later. But to be fair the GoW name alone is enough to convince me.

Other than that, 999 Virtue's Last Reward, I only knew the character designs and the reputation of the story being a big mindfuck.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

i went into spiritfarer blind and im really enjoying it. its a bit corny at parts, but the core gameplay is fun if your into crafty/buildy/explory type of games like minecraft/terraria. its really relaxing too. and way more platformy than terraria

Last edited:

Yoboman

Really can't think of one for a long time, fully blind without even being exposed to a trailer. Not really since I got the internet. So maybe like MGS2.

Concern

Greedfall and I have to say im not impressed at all lol. The controls, the menus, the the dialogue options.

Idk whether I should keep giving it chances or just outright delete the thing.

Kokoloko85

Stardew Valley, I just read its a Farm Sim and bought it..broke my foot and 300+ hour later shows it was well worth buying lol
A friend recommended Outer Wilds, great game

Plague Tale from PS plus and I enjoyed it alot

Fire emblem I didn’t watch any trailers or read about it. I knew the franchise so I was on board straight away. My favourite Switch game so far.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

Almost every game I’ve played on Gamepass. I think that’s one of the most surprising aspects of the service for me, considering I used to be the type of person that would spoil themselves with YT videos and previews of titles I’d been interested in beforehand. But 90% of the stuff I pick up on GP is stuff I’d never consider were it not bundled in the cost of a sub. So I go into completely blind.

Mohonky

Hades. Not bad.
Same, was thinking of buying it on PC but saw it was coming to gamepass so downloaded it last night.

Know the developer from previous titles obviously but never looked up what Hades was exactly outside of knowing it was an isometric title.

Really like it.

So I recently tried this for Moonlighter. And yeah, all the people who said it allowed them to take in the experience as it comes not as you expect it to, were right.

70/30 I would have skipped this based on what reviewers had to say.

Not sure about the last one, but three games in particular I had seen very very little of : the original Demon's Souls on PS3, Shadow of The Colossus (PS2 via BC on PS3) and Okami (remaster PS3).

Fantastic experiences. Some of my favorite games of all time as well.

ahtlas7

All the time.
If a game grabs me right away I won’t watch trailers nor read articles.
Last game was Ratchet & Clank, Rift Apart.
I do it with movies too.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

It is really hard, especially being on here all the time.

Trying to go into Psychonauts 2 blind... but I probably already "failed" in your eyes OP as I think I may have watched an early concept trailer or teaser trailer.

However, I've been trying to do this for pretty much all games I'm playing though, as it helps me go in unbiased. If I'm interested in a game, it shouldn't really matter what anybody else says about it. Granted I have to know SOMETHING about the game, like the overall premise of the game or I probably won't play it. So again, watching at least one SHORT teaser trailer to gauge interest. Beyond that though, I try to abstain from watching any gameplay videos, looking at reviews, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom