• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where Can I Find a Wii?

AniHawk

Yamauchi said:
Speaking of stuff, where can I find a DS Lite?
There was a woman who was worried we might not have one. Everyone wants black or pink, but she said there weren't any ANYWHERE. By the time I left (about 6 hours into the day, with 5 hours left), I personally had sold about 4 Wiis, 4 DSes, and a PSP.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I went over to my dad's last night for dinner and my little brother's bday (12). Before dinner, my stepmom pulls me aside and tells me that she got him a Wii. I asked her where the hell she found one, and she said she called Sam's Club on Friday morning at like 10:05 and they said they had a few. She drove up and there and picked it up.

As for the DS, I had to call/drive to about a half dozen places yesterday morning before I finally found an EB Games that had a few. I got there about half an hr before they opened and there were people waiting in line for the 6 Wiis that they had available that morning. When I walked up, they asked if I was there for a Wii because they were all spoken for. I said I wanted a DS, and they told me they had three and I was the only person in line for one. When they finally let everyone in the store, the sales guy was talking to people and mentioned that they had been selling their Wiis as soon as they came in, but they had gotten eight PS3s in earlier in the week and it took them 4-5 days to sell them all.

ManaByte said:
Well it IS the last shopping weekend before Christmas, so everywhere is nuts.

I did manage to get a Classic at EB finally today. They had Super Swing Golf but no Elebits. They told me Elebits was discontinued and I'd have to check eBay.

Thats one thing best buy had many of. Around 6 copies of elebits.

Dont listen to EBGames. Discontinued simply means that store wont be getting any more, not that the game is no longer being produced.

None of you live in Rockford or Belvidere do you? Cause my mother was going to canvas around there on Sunday and I hope everything went ok. I just hope Rockford is enough of a small stupid town to NOT know about the shipments.

None at Gamestop nor Target when I was there earlier. However, get this, 2 PS3's at Target!!!! In comparison, NO Wii's, 2 Premium 360s, and 4 Core 360s. That's right, 2 PS3's sitting there with tons of people around in the electronics section. The guy said they werent claimed, they were there for sale.

Futureman

VideoMan said:
Didn't see anyone mention this yet. Amazon.com is selling PS3s and Wiis through a kind of lottery system. Just go to the page linked below before midnight tonight (pacific time) and sign up for the one you want to buy and you might get an email in a few days allowing you to purchase one. No bundles or anything shady. Worth a shot I'd think. Say's it'll be shipped to you before Christmas, too.

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/ref=amb_link_4088572_1/104-1158184-2771954

Thanks for the link, I signed up for this the other day. The winners are announced at 3 AM EST.

Top Bottom