• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is the respect for Silent Scope Complete?

This game didnt sell enough, nor was it respected enough...

Silent Scope
Silent Scope 2
Silent Scope EX
Silent Scope 3

all of those for like $39.99 I paid... probably cheaper now, no?

Pretty amazing package if you ask me.. the Silent Scope games were basically the only games I'd play in the local arcades, and it was mostly Silent Scope or EX, I never saw 2 in arcades I dont think and 3 was PS2 exclusive.

Sure, without the awesome setup of the arcade gun at home its not as good, but the standard control scheme with the xbox controller works suprisingly well, I never took a chance with the silent scope rifle, as I enjoy playing it with the controller just fine..

anyways, I pop this game in all the time for some random silent scope action.. I can remember it seems so recently, that I was thinking about buying Silent Scope for Dreamcast, that was like $40 or $50 just for that 1 game! and now, $40 for the 4 pack.. damn, great great compilation.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The game is alright. Nice take on the lightgun genre though with the sniper scope and all. I've only played it a couple times at the arcade and I suck at it. How is the lightgun for the Xbox anyway? Is it accurate?

The mouse setup on the Dreamcast is probably the best way to play the game, very easy to control. Some of those training missions are pretty fun, sometimes more entertaining than the actual game

I havent even touched any of the training missions yet..

Just been trying to get farther and farther in each of the 4 games, as I havent beaten any of them yet.. I can get to the last boss in a couple of them, but havent been able to beat any last bosses yet.

Silent Scope 2 has unlockables, so I am trying to unlock those too. The SS2 duel model is alot of fun.

havent tried the madcatz gun wtih Silent Scope, but dont imagine it would work well.. the gun does however work excellently with HOTD3, which is one of my fave lightgun games ever.

the silent scope complete gun i heard had some issues with brightness, anyone care to comment that has it?

I completely own on Silent Scope 2 in the arcade, and would probably buy the arcade machine if the cost didn't involve forfeiting one of my upper limbs (necessary for using the gun device).

Without the mounted, scoped rifle, though, the game is pointless. With the actual dexterity challenge removed, the game plays roughly the same way Dance Dance Revolution would with just the gamepad.

hirokazu

how do you play it without that arcade sniper rifle though. i know there's a targetting thing in the corner, which most ppl seem to use rather than looking through the rifle, but its not really fun to be aiming with the control stick...?

You use the L trigger to control the zoom or not, and R to shoot..

works pretty well, not as well as the awesome arcade setup, but still.. for $40, you get all 4 games in your home, and they are still fun.

The Xbox version is mildly entertaining, but most of the enjoyment I got from the game was using the arcade setup.

I'm going to guess they were ported from PS2 as well (no idea for sure though)... All 3 Silent Scopes received individual PS2 ports, so it was certainly available to them.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I still couldn't understand why the Guncon2 wasn't supported for the 2nd and even 3rd installment of Silent Scope on the PS2.

Bog

Junior Ace
smile13.jpg

eeth_koth.jpg

Top Bottom