• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where may one find out the potential dates for Sony's next major event? (Updated Poll)

when???

• Total voters

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They already announced a lot of non PSVR2 games for the first half or so of 2023, plus many games with '2023' date that could release there. Some of them even with exclusive of some kind.

There's also Resident Evil 4, Street Fighter 6, (both exclusive in previous gen) and many more listed above. It's only a bit lukewarm for you if you don't like videogames.
I was thinking of exclusives I never thought about forwoken as their big exclusive for the first 6 months of next year. After that latest movement trailer I may give it a go on PC.

Same for resi 4 and Street fighter. I always get those on xbox / PC as my sticks are all xbox PC but good to have them back on the box. I thought we may have some first party exclusives but I guess that's not until spider man now which will probs be q3 or q4?

Was hoping they would have something to announce. Maybe game awards stuff will be 2024 onwards.

yurinka

I was thinking of exclusives I never thought about forwoken as their big exclusive for the first 6 months of next year. After that latest movement trailer I may give it a go on PC.

Same for resi 4 and Street fighter. I always get those on xbox / PC as my sticks are all xbox PC but good to have them back on the box. I thought we may have some first party exclusives but I guess that's not until spider man now which will probs be q3 or q4?

Was hoping they would have something to announce. Maybe game awards stuff will be 2024 onwards.
In the first 6 months of the next year they release PSVR2 with 20 games for its launch, including 2 Resident Evil titles supporting it. RE4 and RE6 will be released for PS4 but not for XBO. They'll also have Forspoken, Tchia, Little Devil Inside and more plus multiplatform stuff and maybe more exclusives.

I assume Spider-Man, FFXVI, FFVIIR Ep 2 and more exclusives, many to be announced, will be for the 2nd half of the year.

So when do you guys think the showcase is happening? Today or tomorrow?
My bet is E3 2023, after they completed their promotions of GoWR, PSVR2 and most of its launch window titles, Forspoken and FFXVI. And once they have consoles in the stores and the ABK acquisition completed.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
E3 2022 wouldn’t fit into their annual showcase period for the past few years

H . R . 2

Call of Duty Will Release on PlayStation as Long as PlayStation Exists, Xbox Boss Assures​

"As long as there is a PlayStation out there to ship to, our intent is that we continue to ship Call of Duty on PlayStation," says Phil Spencer.​

supposing the deal had impacted Sony's decision regarding the showcase [conjecture], this might be enough to put Sony's mind at ease so that they can prepare for the showcase after GoWR's release

https://gamingbolt.com/call-of-duty...-long-as-playstation-exists-xbox-boss-assures

Thabass

Call of Duty Will Release on PlayStation as Long as PlayStation Exists, Xbox Boss Assures​

"As long as there is a PlayStation out there to ship to, our intent is that we continue to ship Call of Duty on PlayStation," says Phil Spencer.​

supposing the deal had impacted Sony's decision regarding the showcase [conjecture], this might be enough to put Sony's mind at ease so that they can prepare for the showcase after GoWR's release

https://gamingbolt.com/call-of-duty...-long-as-playstation-exists-xbox-boss-assures
To me it would be extremely stupid not to do this. COD is a massive franchise where people love to play this regardless of platform. Taking away one platform of choice would be pretty silly to me. I knew Xbox would not want to jeopardize more sales to just be exclusive in my eyes.

Lupin25

I would think soon before year’s end.

Even with Silent Hill, Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2 & Tekken 8 revealed… Sony has a shitload of unannounced 1st party games.

After TGA, right before Xmas is my prediction (I hope) lol.

H . R . 2

playstation-vr2-1024x576.jpg

with PSVR2 out of the way, the next showcase will certainly be more focused on AAA 1st party titles.
but when is that going to be? again, your guess is as good as mine

bitbydeath

any news?
do you guys still think it will be Nov.? or will it be just a couple of trailers during TGA?
Hogwarts has a gameplay showcase for Nov 11, if Sony had a show planned this month it probably would have been included.

December has TGA’s, it’s possible Sony have Experience on but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

It seems like the rumours of holding off because of Activision may be true.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
They are done with showcases, they announced friggin PSVR2, a new piece of hardware, via a BLOG POST. give it up folks.

Lucky if we get a couple VGA trailers.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
any news?
do you guys still think it will be Nov.? or will it be just a couple of trailers during TGA?

Many people is saying before the end of this year there will be a showcase to announce PSVR2 launch library. Didn’t happen previously because Sony doesn’t want to take the focus off God of War Ragnarok so an announcement for the showcase is going to happen any moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom