• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's Too Human?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Ark-AMN said:
I was hoping to see it at X06. Anyone know where it's gone?
downgraded so much so that it doesn't even exist anymore? :O

but yeah seriously. what's the dealio?

delayed?

castle007

Banned
Scrow said:
downgraded so much so that it doesn't even exist anymore? :O

but yeah seriously. what's the dealio?

delayed?

:O where is your proof????? Or else!! Suffer the wrath of the mods

Ark-AMN

Banned
temp said:
I know what you mean, and I've seen where it's been, but I can't wait for a screen.
Thing is, people felt deceived by screens, since in actuality, the game looks pretty damn nice in screenshots. It's the framerate that killed it at E3.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ark-AMN said:
Thing is, people felt deceived by screens, since in actuality, the game looks pretty damn nice in screenshots. It's the framerate, animations and gameplay that killed it at E3.

Fixed.

temp

posting on contract only
Ark-AMN said:
Thing is, people felt deceived by screens, since in actuality, the game looks pretty damn nice in screenshots. It's the framerate that killed it at E3.
I was just rhyming, I don't actually care.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Ark-AMN said:
Where's Too Human?

AUS-213.jpg

MbGCaM

Considering the amount of money involved in this franchise, and the fact that the first chapter of the trilogy MUST sell loads of games in order to create a fan-base arount the title, it has been a logical decission to delay this game. The game looked HORRIBLE in the E3 demo, and I hope we see an improvement similar to Shadowrun.

JDSN

Banned
I hope the game gets a delay, but its SK so it will probably happen.

Kabouter said:
Camera was zoomed out so far journalists couldn't tell Too Human was shown on the screen.

I bet they zoomed it out to watch Dyack.

Prine

Banned
I think Denis mentioned that it takes alot of resources to put a playble demo together for shows, they'd rather spend that time working on the game. If its coming out this year, then its crunch time, there's no time for exihbitions id imagine

Animal

Banned
After the GAF beating it got, I'm pretty sure they won't show a damn thing until its as good as they get it...even then it may not survive the following GAF beating.

JDSN

Banned
"X06: Too Human Vanishes"-IGN.

September 28, 2006 - While Too Human makes a weekly appearance in blog form at blogs.IGN.com, Silicon Knights unfortunately did not show the first of its trilogy at this year's X06.

Too Human, a third-person action game steeped in RPG elements and Norse mythology, had a rough showing at E3, garnering criticism for its odd camera angles, poor framerate, and average, linear level design. Microsoft quietly mentioned Too Human in its press conference, and only when prompted did it admit the game was delayed until Q1-Q2 2007.

While a handful of first- and second-party titles were delayed -- Forza 2, Mass Effect (originally slated for "holiday"), and Crackdown -- only Too Human was completely missing.

Microsoft admitted these titles had un-realistic release dates at E3. Microsoft Game Studios General Manager Shane Kim explained that while it's true, a handful of titles did slip, he doesn't want to release a game before its ready. "I'd rather delay it and give it time then ship it early."

Odysseus

Banned
JDSN said:
"X06: Too Human Vanishes"-IGN.

September 28, 2006 - While Too Human makes a weekly appearance in blog form at blogs.IGN.com, Silicon Knights unfortunately did not show the first of its trilogy at this year's X06.

Too Human, a third-person action game steeped in RPG elements and Norse mythology, had a rough showing at E3, garnering criticism for its odd camera angles, poor framerate, and average, linear level design. Microsoft quietly mentioned Too Human in its press conference, and only when prompted did it admit the game was delayed until Q1-Q2 2007.

While a handful of first- and second-party titles were delayed -- Forza 2, Mass Effect (originally slated for "holiday"), and Crackdown -- only Too Human was completely missing.

Microsoft admitted these titles had un-realistic release dates at E3. Microsoft Game Studios General Manager Shane Kim explained that while it's true, a handful of titles did slip, he doesn't want to release a game before its ready. "I'd rather delay it and give it time then ship it early."

A delayed game yada yada yada, bad games blah blah blah...

PleoMax

Banned
Well...maybe its a good thing they delayed the game...that actually raised my hopes, at least they have more time...and they worked with myamoto right? A bad game is bad forever a delayed game is eventually released :p

Gigglepoo

Odysseus said:
A delayed game yada yada yada, bad games blah blah blah...

Bad games? Huh? They "delayed" it because it wasn't ready yet. Why is this news? You think Halo 3 would blow everyone away if it came out now? Be patient.

Odysseus

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Bad games? Huh? They "delayed" it because it wasn't ready yet. Why is this news? You think Halo 3 would blow everyone away if it came out now? Be patient.

It was a ho-hum recitation of the Miyamoto line, calm down.

This game is taking rediculously long to develop. It's reaching DNF levels. It started on the PS nearly... ten years ago? Then it was moved to the Gamecube, then SK left Nintendo, then nobody knew what happened to it, then it was revealed to be in development for the X360, and now... wtf

This thing has been headed to all the first parties... Sony -> Nintendo -> Microsoft!

Gigglepoo

Chris Michael said:
This game is taking rediculously long to develop. It's reaching DNF levels. It started on the PS nearly... ten years ago? Then it was moved to the Gamecube, then SK left Nintendo, then nobody knew what happened to it, then it was revealed to be in development for the X360, and now... wtf

This thing has been headed to all the first parties... Sony -> Nintendo -> Microsoft!

I'm amused that you have an PDZ avatar :)

Anyway, this hasn't been in active development for that long. It has just been brewing for that long in Dyack's head.

Chris Michael said:

I don't think it was continuously in development for all of that time, unlike DNF. Still, it's been quite a while coming.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Gigglepoo said:
You think Halo 3 would blow everyone away if it came out now? Be patient.

But don't we have more to be concerned about with Too Human, than Halo 3? Namely that it is a project that has suffered development hell on several platforms, and has had a complete tranformation from its Blade Runner inspired Sci Fi Shooter roots, to a melee action game steeped in Norse mythology...

It should have never been shown at E3. Otherwise, they might have quietly shelved this cursed property AGAIN, for something more worthy. I don't know...

Top Bottom