• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which abandoned Microsoft Franchises would you like brought back?

Which series/Game should Microsoft Consider bringing back?

• Total voters

Fox Mulder

High Heat Baseball.

They bought that IP just to let it die.

They spread their cheeks and shut down sports studios to get EA on Xbox Live when that was massive. Could have been perfectly placed to release a first party MLB game like Sony after the exclusive license wars of 2005.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They spread their cheeks and shut down sports studios to get EA on Xbox Live when that was massive. Could have been perfectly placed to release a first party MLB game like Sony after the exclusive license wars of 2005.

Agreed, was a nasty time. I adore MLB The Show, and some of the hard working staff and ex-staff there, but I would have loved nothing more than the HH franchise on the Xbox at the time (and currently) as well. I had to buy a new Slim PS2 to play MLB 06 The Show (it's first year under the new IP title) just to get a good baseball fix on consoles since the 2K offerings on the 360 were duds.

Modded MVP on the PC was just not cutting it anymore gameplay/animation wise to me personally. It is a shame too, because HH has some of the best gameplay around.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I vote Crimson Skies.

I also would like Microsoft Money brought back please. Financial software counts, right?

Fitzchiv

Lost Odyssey was a fantastic game, but I've no idea if it was a commercial success? I hope so, it may persuade them to add it into the future more RPG-centric roster

JimiNutz

Banned
Conker easily is the one I want the most and a good new Conker game would make me really happy. I just don't trust MS not to screw it up.

Fusion Frenzy was a lot of fun in local multiplayer, there aren't many decent party games on Xbox and it should also be pretty easy to get right. My vote goes to Fusion Frenzy.

TeamGhobad

Banned
i want to say Kotor which is not really a MS ip what but whatever. and i want Obsidian to do it.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Yes, definitely Conker followed by Blast Corps, Perfect Dark and cancelled Sabreman Stampede.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Banjo. It almost seems like it would be a no-brainer considering it would most likely not require the budget of a modern AAA game and also has the name recognition.

Also when you consider Microsoft's looser stance on putting their games on other platforms + the fact that a new Banjo game would 1) likely be able to run on Switch and 2) sell pretty well on Switch.....it would make the game even more feasible from an economic point of view.

danielberg

Neophyte
Blue dragon sue me i dont give a fuck, hard mode transformed the game into one of the best jrpgs of that generation.

xwez

Banned
Microsoft let a lot of these series sit too long. Extremely stupid, since most younger people will have no idea what conker, jade empire, crimson skies, etc. are and I wouldn't be surprised if it negatively affected sales IF any of those games were to ever be released.

They put too much stock in Halo and gears of war, and should have given some of their IP's some love.

Last edited:

Pallas

Lost Odyssey, it really was a wonderful turn base JRPG with great characters, good protagonist and a great antagonist and a great story with interesting lore.

Would prefer either a prequel of Kaim in his many adventures of the past or a sequel to see how the world developed after the ending of the first game. Maybe Cooke and Mack grown up.

BMatt021

Neo Member
Has to be Fable for me. The first Fable was fantastic, and then unfortunately it was downhill from there lol.

I also really liked the Project Gotham Racing games. However, it seems like Forza Horizon has more than filled the arcade racer shoes.

Microsoft let a lot of these series sit too long. Extremely stupid, since most younger people will have no idea what conker, jade empire, crimson skies, etc. are and I wouldn't be surprised if it negatively affected sales IF any of those games were to ever be released.

They put too much stock in Halo and gears of war, and should have given some of their IP's some love.

They put too much stock in series that sell and make money?

Top Bottom