• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which company makes the best gaming laptop or desktop computers?

Companies like

Acer
Asus
Lenovo
Dell-Alienware
Razer
Msi

Seems to be the only companies that are selling at retail gaming specific computing devices. So since integrated graphics are still existing for now, which of these companies do you think produces the best gaming computer hardware?

I've heard the most good things about MSi but I know nothing about it. Seems to be a niche brand.

FranXico

I have a a Dell budget gaming laptop that I bought for a good price. Build quality is fine and it has decent specs.

manfestival

My HP Omen laptop that I got a year ago has been absolutely solid. I have taken it to different continents and it gets beat up in my bag a little bit but it has not slowed down one bit. The battery still holds a charge(which is shocking considering it was on 24/7 at one point) for at least 2 hours on regular use. The price of it at the time was just too hard to beat. It still outperforms many of these new computers and even at a lesser pricepoint too(20 series on laptop is a joke).

Alienware is disgustingly overpriced though. Dell does have it's new G series that is supposed to be budget friendly gaming. Worth checking out if you are going the laptop route.

I also recently bought a desktop from CyberpowerPC for a price that was hard to beat(paid $1600 for a rig that would probably go for $2400 in most scenarios and currently goes for that price on their site). They often have really good deals. Reviews are very mixed for going down this road though.

MSI is simply wonderful. I could not be any more happier with it. (gaming laptop). Also for work is pure bliss, just getting started in less than 2 seconds. The only con is not finding a suitable bag for it (17 inches plus too wide)

Airbus Jr

Banned
Easy the answer is Acer Predator
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Fragment

Companies like

Acer
Asus
Lenovo
Dell-Alienware
Razer
Msi

Seems to be the only companies that are selling at retail gaming specific computing devices. So since integrated graphics are still existing for now, which of these companies do you think produces the best gaming computer hardware?

I've heard the most good things about MSi but I know nothing about it. Seems to be a niche brand.

For gaming laptops I would definitely check out "Eluktronics".

They are a new company and not many people know of them but I saw was the high quality reviews.

I was very surprised to see the high quality components such as IPS panels with samsung bran m.2 drives that they put inside their laptops and best of all they don't come with bloatware and have plenty of options such as additional hard drive installation, external drives, etc..

Definitely check out their website!

Mista

Banned
According to friends who owns gaming laptops and desktops, they say its either Predator or Omen

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bought one of these Dell Inspirion gaming PCs last year, and I really like it.

Ryzen 7 / RX580 / 1TB HDD / 16GB DDR4 / built in wifi and bluetooth

I swapped the HDD for an NVMe drive (the motherboard has a 2x NVMe port as well as a port for M.2 Sata!) and it's off to the races. I also added an 8TB drive for media storage. There is room in the case for another RX580 if I wanted to double-up on that, and the power supply is 500W so it's a bit over-provisioned.

petran79

Banned
I have an HP Omen and have the following issue

System board
5.3 (blink)
Caps Lock LED blinks slow 5 times followed by 3 quick blinks.
The embedded controller has timed out waiting for the BIOS.
Remove all accessory devices from the notebook.
If the error code persists, contact support for possible repair.

This blinks only while loggen on Windows. Not on Bios setup. Sent it for repairs because I had issues with battery nit charging. They replaced battery
but Caps still blinks. Had to put a black sticker over it because it was annoying. Laptop works, though sometime I hear a beeb sound once. Probably bios chip needs reinitializing or battery replacement

demigod

Thinking of getting a laptop. 1070, 2060 or 2070? 15.6 or 17? I had a 17 before and it seemed huge to me. Not sure if i can stand going lower screen size. Is DLSS feature even worth it and how many games actually have that feature without ray tracing enabled?

AndrewRyan

I also recently bought a desktop from CyberpowerPC for a price that was hard to beat(paid $1600 for a rig that would probably go for $2400 in most scenarios and currently goes for that price on their site). They often have really good deals. Reviews are very mixed for going down this road though.

Also got a great deal on a PC from CyberpowerPC a few years ago. It was disassembled for parts but was significantly cheaper than buying the components at the time. Just before one year had passed the memory went bad. They had me send back the old memory and replaced it without any hassle.

As far as gaming desktop PC's go, you should really build your own so you can pick exactly the component you want inside of it.

I got this HP Omen gaming laptop from a Walmart clearance sale thanks to Slickdeals. It was last year's model but it was an i7-7700HQ and a GTX 1050 Ti for $500. It's shockingly decent quality product as HP's consumer laptops don't have a great reputation overall. The components are solid and I'm surprised how the cooling is excellent even under hours of gaming load. Of course the chassis is this horrible chintzy plastic but that's a common problem with gaming laptops. It's probably the best $500 I ever spent on computer stuff.

Last edited:
ASUS makes the best products quality-wise.

My HP Omen laptop that I got a year ago has been absolutely solid. I have taken it to different continents and it gets beat up in my bag a little bit but it has not slowed down one bit. The battery still holds a charge(which is shocking considering it was on 24/7 at one point) for at least 2 hours on regular use. The price of it at the time was just too hard to beat. It still outperforms many of these new computers and even at a lesser pricepoint too(20 series on laptop is a joke).

Alienware is disgustingly overpriced though. Dell does have it's new G series that is supposed to be budget friendly gaming. Worth checking out if you are going the laptop route.

I was going to get an HP Omen with a 1050 Ti but got a cheaper laptop instead.

Top Bottom