• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which facial wash do you use?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsTyro

I'm sick of spending $30 on this Reversion crap (although it isn't that drying and removes oil pretty well). My dermatologist said "Dove" but he wouldn't specifically recommend anything. What do you guys use that isn't too drying?

B0002DFM1C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

GodsTyro

I don't think a generic soap will cut it for people with very sensitive skin...

Cetaphil Facial Cleanser
cetaphil.jpg

Cetaphil facial cleanser is a very mild soap designed to thoroughly clean your face. I would recommend using it two to three times a day. It is good for all face types and contains no harsh ingredients. A face wash should be in everyone's daily regimen.

...thoughts? I haven't bought an off the shelf facial wash in a while, isn't there new stuff out that works well? This is going to accompany the clindamycin lotion and doxycline pills (antibiotics) my derm prescribed to me today. He said accutane is a "serious drug" so we can't talk about it for a month (until I've used this stuff)

GodsTyro

olimario said:
001600.jpg

Mary Kay Velocity Face Wash

olimario, i trust you..you're kinda metrosexual lol how long you been using that and how many times a day? how long does one bottle last and how effective is it?

GodsTyro said:
olimario, i trust you..you're kinda metrosexual lol how long you been using that and how many times a day? how long does one bottle last and how effective is it?

Sorta gonna say the same thing. I've always had sensitive skin so it's been a bitch to keep my face nice and clear. I'm 27 and I still have zits, so obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I have used the Neutrogena liquid soap, but most are saying that it's not that great for sensitive skin, and I can concur.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
King of Shaves ASC2 Face Wash, and occasionally Facial Scrub.

It smells nice...

To be honest, I think my vitamins have done more for my spots than any washes or scrubs.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I wash my face twice a day in lukewarm Dr. Pepper, and then I proceed to stuff my maw with candy bars and fast food. Oddly, my complexion isn't the greatest...

olimario

Banned
GodsTyro said:

I wash my face twice a day
apply mary kay acne treatment
and then mary kay moisturizer

My skin has improved A LOT since and unlike my other face wash, leaves my face clean and not dry. It's wonderful.

Face Wash
http://www.marykay.com/Shopping/SkinCare/001600.asp

Moisturizer
http://www.marykay.com/Shopping/SkinCare/001500.asp

Acne Gel
http://www.marykay.com/Shopping/SkinCare/087400.asp

Total price is just under 30.

Loki

Count of Concision
Soap hasn't touched my face more than 5 times in the last 9 years (I only use it when I get actual goop on my face somehow, like mud or something). My "wash" is cold water, and then I dry my face with paper towels. As a result, I've only gotten 2-3 pimples per year (if that) since I was 17. :)

GodsTyro

Loki said:
Soap hasn't touched my face more than 5 times in the last 9 years (I only use it when I get actual goop on my face somehow, like mud or something). My "wash" is cold water, and then I dry my face with paper towels. As a result, I've only gotten 2-3 pimples per year (if that) since I was 17. :)

hmm..i find that to be very odd..but i wont doubt ya lol..i guess everyones skin works differently..was yours very dry or oily, or both? it just doesnt make sense that water by itself could help maintain skin that reddens and flares up very easily.

GodsTyro

olimario said:
I wash my face twice a day
apply mary kay acne treatment
and then mary kay moisturizer

My skin has improved A LOT since and unlike my other face wash, leaves my face clean and not dry. It's wonderful.

Face Wash
http://www.marykay.com/Shopping/SkinCare/001600.asp

Moisturizer
http://www.marykay.com/Shopping/SkinCare/001500.asp

Acne Gel
http://www.marykay.com/Shopping/SkinCare/087400.asp

Total price is just under 30.

thx oli! i think ill just get the face wash and moisturizer cuz my doctor prescribed me a lotion and antibiotics for the acne..it sounds like a much better deal than reversion.com tho. :)

Loki

Count of Concision
GodsTyro said:
hmm..i find that to be very odd..but i wont doubt ya lol..i guess everyones skin works differently..was yours very dry or oily, or both?

More oily than dry (though not so oily that it looked greasy :p), but this was when I was 13-15. I used to get a lot of pimples back then, and I tried several products and went to a couple of different dermatologists for it; nothing seemed to work. Then I said "screw it", and just started repeatedly splashing with cold water instead of using anything. I'm sure the abatement of my pimples had something to do with getting older, also (since most people's "problem time" with pimples is from 12-17, due to hormones), but most 17-20 year olds that I knew got way more pimples than I did; even at age 17, it just stopped it cold. Obviously, this wouldn't work for everybody-- I didn't have severe acne or anything, but I'd say I used to get about 30-40 pimples per year from age 13-15. Thank God none of them left marks. :D

Willco

Hollywood Square
olimario said:
001600.jpg

Mary Kay Velocity Face Wash

:lol

OLIMARIO 5 STEP WASHING PROGRAM

FIRST, I CLEANSE MY FACE WITH GIRLIE GIRL FACE PRODUCT.

THEN I RUB IT THOROUGLY WITH MANGYNAS WONDER CREAM AND WASH INTENSELY.

THEN I CUT OFF MY PENIS.

AND FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET.

BECAUSE I WON'T BE NEEDING IT ANYMORE.

olimario

Banned
Willco said:
:lol

OLIMARIO 5 STEP WASHING PROGRAM

FIRST, I CLEANSE MY FACE WITH GIRLIE GIRL FACE PRODUCT.

THEN I RUB IT THOROUGLY WITH MANGYNAS WONDER CREAM AND WASH INTENSELY.

THEN I CUT OFF MY PENIS.

AND FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET.

BECAUSE I WON'T BE NEEDING IT ANYMORE.

Mary Kay has a line for men. Velocity is a unisex product and it's worked wonders.

teiresias

I guess Willco is one of those people that won't mind looking like Pizza-The-Hut by the time he's 35.

If I passed on things because it made me "girly" then well I . . . uhhhh . . . wouldn't be having sex I guess.

Willco

Hollywood Square
teiresias said:
I guess Willco is one of those people that won't mind looking like Pizza-The-Hut by the time he's 35.

If I passed on things because it made me "girly" then well I . . . uhhhh . . . wouldn't be having sex I guess.

My facial complexion is fine and all I use is fucking soap and water. That's what God gave us! Not this bio-engineered girlie cream bullshit!

EDIT: Oh, you're gay. I forgot. You guys are generally excused from this kind of banter.

olimario

Banned
Willco said:
My facial complexion is fine and all I use is fucking soap and water. That's what God gave us! Not this bio-engineered girlie cream bullshit!

God gave us soap?
"Adam... Behold what I have given you. The fields of flowers... the streams of water... the stockpile of Zest"

teiresias

Genesis 6:69 - 74 : "And God so loveth Adam, but not in that way, that he taketh a lovely horsey from the field. Adam did ask the Lord, What is to be done with yon steed? The Lord did quiet his banter and rip the horse's body assunder, spewing blood and puss across the garden. As the severed head of the horse did cry in agony upon the lush grasses of Eden, the Lord did bring forth from its corpse the white bar of cleanliness. And Adam did take the bar from the Lord, and called forth, But Lord how do I use this divine miracle? Can thou showest me? So the Lord did lather up Adam" . . . oh wait.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
americanpsycho2.jpg

I believe in taking care of myself, in a
balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the
morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice
pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand
now.

After I remove the icepack, I use a deep
pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a
water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body
scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which
I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my
routine.

I always use an after-shave lotion with little
or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes
you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye
balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion.

americanpsycho01.jpg

Jill Sandwich said:
americanpsycho2.jpg

now.

routine.

americanpsycho01.jpg

Beat me to it. :lol

If your face is dry, you probably just need a moisturizer.

First, wash your face with a cleanser. Then use some paper towels (preferably) or a clean towel and tap off some of the excess water so that your face still feels damp. Then while your face is still damp from the water, you apply the moisturizer, let it set for a couple seconds, then tap off the excess.

Also you should only use the "scrubs" once or twice a week. It's not necessary to use it everyday. It can scratch or break the surface of your skin and lead to break outs.

Jill Sandwich said:
americanpsycho2.jpg

now.

routine.

americanpsycho01.jpg
I thought of this immediately after reading the thread title. :lol

I've never had a problem with zits/acne, so I never really make a point of washing my face seperate from a shower. Generally hot water and shampoo trickle is enough.

I hate most of you guys. I wash my face like a fiend with soap and water and my face gets owned. Hell, I used Accutane, which cleared up my face for a while, but soon after i got off it, I was getting zits on my face again. WTF.

<-------But at least I dont have that on my face.

Deg

Banned
Most mens face washes are like using floor detergent. So soap is probably better on the skin than most of them. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom