• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which FPS has the best monsters?

Which FPS has the best monsters?

• Total voters

tygertrip

Doom and Doom 2, the original Doom engine games.

The remakes had some good and some terrible redesigns. The Cyberdemon in Doom 2016 might as well be the worst redesign of an original monster ever made, which becomes even worse considering the og Cyberdemon is one of the best looking monsters ever made.
I always thought the Doom 3 Baron of Hell was crap. The original was so unique and iconic, whereas in Doom 3 it was just a generic brown monster. Anyway, you must be right about the cyberdemon. I can't even remember the Doom 2016 cyberdemon, but I VIVIDLY remember the original!

Doom.

history doom GIF

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I caved and played Resistence 3 last month on PS3 since there's zero indication of a remaster that will include it. Most of the monsters in that are pretty fucking good. Got mild body horror vibes.

bender

What time is it?
Halo shouldn't even be in consideration. The Flood weren't great in the first place but everything they introduced after the original is pretty terrible.

Verchod

Jesus, Doom is such a lazy answer, and incorrect.
They may be different to look at and created before all the others but certainly not as interesting to fight as many others mentioned in this thread.

Half life surely wins in that regard.

Tschumi

Halo CE. Player movement was fine tuned with enemy attack movement, the mobs were various and easily distinguished, the colour schemes

Serious Sam don't get me wrong it's got amazing monsters, just didn't stick in my mind like Halo, which is the first thing that came to mind. sorrryyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYBAM

nkarafo

I always thought the Doom 3 Baron of Hell was crap. The original was so unique and iconic, whereas in Doom 3 it was just a generic brown monster. Anyway, you must be right about the cyberdemon. I can't even remember the Doom 2016 cyberdemon, but I VIVIDLY remember the original!

Top Bottom