• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is better. 13 sentinels or Sakura wars?

Which is the best selection

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Sakura wars

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb comparison since they are entirely different genres. I know this without even having played either game. (Thanks to Sega gaf and Danjin44 Danjin44 ) I heard Sakura Wars bombed and was short af though.

lachesis

To be honest, I'm not sure how Sega is going to approach Shin Sakura Wars now. I know they are doing Sakura Wars Isshin on mobile with entirely different (100 years after the original series) with not the Koubus but Koubu "dresses"...

Although Shin Sakura Wars fell a little short on the fans expectations, I am hoping the series would continue on consoles. But not really so sure of the future of the series now...

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Coconutt

13 Sentinels for sure, honestly my favorite story in any game this year, it's super convoluted at the beginning but by the end everything does make sense, I enjoyed the gameplay as well as basic as it is.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Dumb comparison since they are entirely different genres. I know this without even having played either game. (Thanks to Sega gaf and Danjin44 Danjin44 ) I heard Sakura Wars bombed and was short af though.
Why you say that?

The point of the thread is help me to select a game to buy.

Not compared both games. And I know there are different genres.

reptilex

Banned
I'm sorry OP but you don't know ish to compare the two...

Sakura Wars if a loliware (lolicon crapware) with the most shallow unoriginal design and concept, with 13 Sentinels, or anything Vanillaware, which is a conceptual, writing and design masterpiece?

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

I'm sorry OP but you don't know ish to compare the two...

Sakura Wars if a loliware (lolicon crapware) with the most shallow unoriginal design and concept, with 13 Sentinels, or anything Vanillaware, which is a conceptual, writing and design masterpiece?

Is for make me a better choice to buy a only game.

rsz_kanyeshrug.png
SOMETHING WRONG
rsz_kanyeshrug.png

rsz_kanyeshrug.png
I HOLD MY HEAD
rsz_kanyeshrug.png

rsz_kanyeshrug.png
DIEGUITO GONE
rsz_kanyeshrug.png

rsz_kanyeshrug.png
EL PIBE DEAD!
rsz_kanyeshrug.png

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
rsz_kanyeshrug.png

🎵-If your stripper name "Porscha" and you get tips from many men
🎵-Then your fat friend, her nickname is "Minivan"
🎵-Excuse me, that's just the Henny, man
🎵-I smoke, I drink, I'm supposed to stop, I can't because

Diamonds are forever (forever, forever)
tenor.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Let us know how you find the game, OP.

Also yes in terms of GOTY, 13 Sentinels is there with FFVIIR for me.

K.S v2.0

Banned
13 Sentinels is legit great for anyone who enjoys the strategy part of turn based strategy games. Current Sakura Wars is an action game :p

Valonquar

Dammit I should have bought 13 Sentinels on sale... it's back up to $60 now. I guess there will prob be another sale nearer Xmas.

I enjoyed Sakura Wars for what it was. I initially hated the character design change to a new artist, but it did did grow on me a bit over time. It definitely isn't Sakura Wars 1 thru 4 on Dreamcast though. Honestly sorta suprised Sega hasn't cashed in on a re-re-re-release for those on last/new gen consoles.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Damnit I should have bought 13 Sentinels on sale... it's back up to $60 now. I guess there will prob be another sale nearer Xmas.
Do it fast, because is a niche game and later will be hard to find it, thanks for the fucking scalpers

Last edited:
Top Bottom