• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Nintendo Switch version do you have?

Which Nintendo Switch Version do you have?

• Switch V1 or V2

Votes: 126 68.5%
  • Switch Lite

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Switch OLED

Votes: 71 38.6%

• Total voters
Okay, so since we already have a thread for both PS5 and XBS why not make one for Switch as well? So please go and vote!
Btw, I've enabled multiple-choice since I know some of you have at least 2 Switch systems (e.g. Switch Lite + Switch OG).

Banjo64

cumsessed
Oled, and it’s pure poggerz.

Playing TotK on this thing has been a delight. Games like Hades, Splatoon, Smash and Mario Kart pop out of the screen. Expansion pass can be had for £25 now for retro games. Got Vampire Survivors pre loaded, can’t wait.

It’s the best Nintendo console of all time IMO.

I’ve slapped a Neogrip on mine.

Ozzie666

I fear how many Switches my household has owned. Between two original launch models, OLED, Monster hunter and Lite (I am probably missing one). This is why I put little meaning into total hardware units sold, if the actual user base isn't growing. Once you use the OLED, you can't go.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Buzz off to your own thread.

I just mean I shouldn't have upgraded the model and kept my launch day Switch. Never ended up playing Zelda handheld and probably won't do the same with Metroid.

Tams

I just mean I shouldn't have upgraded the model and kept my launch day Switch. Never ended up playing Zelda handheld and probably won't do the same with Metroid.

So you got an OLED Switch and yet have never used it's main upgrade (even considering the switch to the Mariko SoC)?

I wasn’t gonna buy a Switch until a Metroid game came out on it. So when Dread came out I got myself an OLED and the game. Was going to just get a regular switch but the place I went to strangely only had OLEDs in stock.

Don’t really use it handheld.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So you got an OLED Switch and yet have never used it's main upgrade (even considering the switch to the Mariko SoC)?

Yeah exactly, hence the regret. Well not never, but not nearly enough to justify it.

Luckily I had a launch model to sell so it sold well over asking price of the later model since it was hackable as hell.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Ah, didn’t think of that. Maybe that’s what he meant then (?).
Not intended features, but the V1 has (in my opinion) better display colour temperature than the V2, and is hackable.
day talk GIF

Rhazkul

Switch Lite.
Haven't used it very much and got some buyers remorse tbh. Mainly because of the paywalled emulation and the tiny ass screen.

Not selling it though because i am still hopeful it will get jailbroken one day.

Last edited:
Well, since I'm the OP, I'll mention that I'm a Switch owner as well (OLED model owner more exactly). Very, very happy with this one, from the amazing screen to the build quality (feels more premium than the V1 or V2 imo) and amazing battery life (5h in portable mode in most games I play). I also use it quite often and usually play it in portable mode. Oh and I'm 100% physical with my Switch because I don't trust Nintendo at all when it comes to digital libraries.

Still using the original. I've got that baby on CFW and there's no way I'm giving up modding support for a shiny, newer model.

Only thing that kinda sucks is the battery. For some reason, the battery life isn't calibrated properly and reporting 50% battery is actually when the Switch is all out of juice.

Sojiro

I still rock the OG V1 unit I got at launch. I was tempted to pick up an OLED, but it is hard to justify the price for essentially the same device with a nicer screen and Ethernet port when my original unit still functions completely fine. That OLED does look damn nice though.

Tams

Yeah exactly, hence the regret. Well not never, but not nearly enough to justify it.

Luckily I had a launch model to sell so it sold well over asking price of the later model since it was hackable as hell.

Surely you should have known that going in? The information is readily available and you post on a gaming enthusiast forum...

Tams

Just to be clear to any Nintendo Ninjas out there, my entire Switch games collection is legitimately bought (all brand new) and my V1 Switch is running the latest firmware.

I would like you to fix the four Joycons I have severe drift on for free though, so when you pay me a visit in the night to verify my claim, could you take care of that? K, thx, bi.

Last edited:
Had V1, traded it in for V2, then traded that in for OLED. OLED with the white cons is the best. Wish Nintendo had more matching colored joycons. Can't stand the two tone crap. I want it to look slick not like a woke hair cut.

Pejo

Man all they had to do to get me to buy an OLED was give it even a small performance boost, but nope. I was gonna buy the OLED for playing new games on and then mod my v1 as a mobile emulator device that also hooks up easily to the TV. That was my plan at least, until the Deck came out and I turned that into my emulator machine + more.

So I sit here with my launch day v1 still humming along. I don't have any of the screen damage from the dock that a lot of v1'ers complain about, so I guess I should consider myself lucky. Got the stick drift though on the joycons.

If Switch 2 ends up being fully backwards compatible, then I'll probably still mod my v1 and run emulators on it. Deck is better for performance, but it's not as easy to hook up to a TV.

StereoVsn

I’m still on my V1.

I’ve been tempted to get an OLED several times over but felt like it’s just better to wait for the “Switch 2” since there was no change in internals.
If you only use OG in docked mode this is true. However, OLED brought a lot of QoL improvements between the screen and battery life to handheld mode.

That said at this point might as well wait.

Personally I have OG, OLED and Lite. Kids usually play on Lite and OLED these days and I use OG for ripping carts so I can emulate them on PC. I can't deal with terrible framerate and res anymore, lol.

Codes 208

Ive gone through at least two of each for one reason or another (bought the original at launch, accidentally broke it a year later got a new one, the v2, then i ended up behind in bills so i sold it to my parents, bought a lite. Sold it, bought another lite, upgraded to the oled, and then upgraded to the zelda oled. All within a six year period)

AV

Surely you should have known that going in? The information is readily available and you post on a gaming enthusiast forum...

Known what? I wasn't going to end up playing the 65 hours of Zelda I played portably? I'm not a fortune teller mate

SenkiDala

OLED since day one (got the previous ones too except LITE) and it is an awesome system, then 7" inch screens is the perfect size, and the HDR wow it is awesome, played Metroid Dread day one on it and it looks so good.

The OLED one is the must have, except if you absolutely never play on handled mode.

Top Bottom