• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which sensation do you enjoy more, being drunk or being high?

Which sensation do you enjoy more, being drunk or being high?

• Drunk

Votes: 49 28.3%
  • High

Votes: 69 39.9%
  • Always Sober

Votes: 55 31.8%

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Both together:

heaven gate GIF by South Park
lol, good for you.

Being drunk and high at the same time for me be like:

5f1f595aa11d102320e4327e4ede2da0_w200.gif

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I took a GABA supplement yesterday for the first time. I'm used to heavy drinking and benzos, fuck, 500mg of GABA hit me more than half a bottle of vodka. How is that a cheap over-the-counter supplement is that intense?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
No one is talking about getting wasted, my guy. What you're describing is a very extreme case lol
The literal sensation of being inebriated off alcohol, or drunk is something billions of people enjoy.
I may be wrong here but simply enjoying the sensation doesn't inherently make you an alcoholic, it's the dependency that does, no?
Is the chastising really necessary? We're just chatting no need to kill the vibe.
I guess I have a different definition of drunk than you do. Being drunk to me is just more drinks than I would have at dinner. Being drunk in the right circumstances is a good time. At a tailgate, for example. Or at a resort with friends. Being drunk is different than being a blackout mess. Being drunk means you aren’t safe to drive, for example. If you think anyone who enjoys drinking enough to be unsafe to drive is an alcoholic… that’s pretty stupid.

It's a very very thin line between the two. I see both of your points but where do we draw the line? Enjoying being drunk daily is fine? Not to me. Maybe we're all talking about once in a while? I guess that's fine. You technically can't enjoy something that you're not aware of and when does that start, at what level of alcohol? I don't know but to me, drinking often even if u don't get wasted is not something I will ever consider safe, and fun but then again Charlie Sheen will probably outlive most of the non-alcoholic drinkers so what do I know?

Last edited:
It's a very very thin line between the two. I see both of your points but where do we draw the line? Enjoying being drunk daily is fine? Not to me. Maybe we're all talking about once in a while? I guess that's fine. You technically can't enjoy something that you're not aware of and when does that start, at what level of alcohol? I don't know but to me, drinking often even if u don't get wasted is not something I will ever consider safe, and fun but then again Charlie Sheen will probably outlive most of the non-alcoholic drinkers so what do I know?
Daily drinking is bad. Drinking alcohol as a habit is bad. Especially to any kind of excess. But simply enjoying the feeling of being drunk isn’t a bad thing. It’s natural. That’s why people have done it for millennia. Getting “drunk” under the right circumstances is fine for most people. Things like tailgates, vacations, special events, parties. But if a person finds themself doing these kinds of things every weekend, they should be cautious.

Alcohol has been a part of human society literally for thousands of years. We aren’t alcoholics as a species.

Tams

I've never gotten high, so I can't really say.

I do like being quite drunk sometimes. Blackout drunk is too much though; sure there may be some funny stories but you are lucky if you can piece any of it together and people too often end up hurt in some way. Also, fuck the hangovers.

If you enjoy being drunk that means you're an alcoholic and you should prolly seek help. Getting high also can mean a lot. Some are safe and good, others are a huge issue to your health. You can enjoy life being free of both as well fyi.
Well, look at this sanctimonious, holier than thou cunt!

deafmedal

Depends. I’ve gone years without drinking, regularly go months without weed, I’ve overindulged in both, sometimes at the same time. I’ve tried a variety of other substances, I know I’m not a fan of opiates/painkillers but I do enjoy psychedelics.

Nowadays I’m enjoying whiskey/rum and cigars. Not a fan of hangovers so I watch my consumption and stick with higher end liquor. Since I started puffing cigars my weed intake has plummeted, I’m just not feeling it right now. Next week, who knows?!

I've never actually experienced either sensation. :pie_ssmiling:

"C'mon Ailynn..."
tenor.gif

(Sorry) :3

I wouldn't mind trying Psilocybin mushrooms sometime, though. Aren't they supposed to have some sort of health benefit in moderation?

Yes psilocybin is probably one of the most effective treatments for PTSD and depression... buuuut since you can grow them in your bedroom, the FDA will likely never give them the greenlight.

TheMan

I prefer alcohol buzz. Maybe I overdo it when I smoke but I feel less in control with MJ. I’ve had some very uncomfortable experiences when high

manfestival

Prefer to be sober. Just like having complete control of my body. There are many feel good drugs out there. Yet there is nothing better than being in control of oneself.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m an aggressive drunk and I can’t limit myself when I smoke. My partner could have 1 spliff before bed but I’m like clockwork on the hour. Not touched it since last October and barely drink anymore either (couple of beers with football is ok).

Winter John

Gold Member
Gettin high. There's no drink that will match a night on acid or ecstasy. I don't get high much these days. Mostly i just stick to beer and JD. One of the barmaids gave me a weed lollipop last weekend though. Shit, that was awesome. I sat at the counter giggling my ass off. I'm gonna get some more of them things.

Getting high, eating burgers/fries, smoking a cigarette, drinking coke and watching a horror movie stoned as a cow. Makes evacuating the food easier and almost immediate, I've found...

Outlier

The times in my past when I did get high (weed) were always more pleasing/interesting than the feel of being disoriented and sick, from alcohol.

GymWolf

High\stoned and it's not even a contest, i'm a ganja lover.

Videogames and tv are better while stoned but alchol is better for dancing\flirting if you are not too wasted.

Weed is also way, WAY healtier than alcohol (if you use vaporizers)

Also i despise the taste of alcohol.

I mean look at this fucking beauty, it looks like an alien plant, i can smell this bitch from the screen of my tablet

51ac0cea519ff73280140af47f5aa44f--marijuana-plants-cannabis-growing.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Kind of a difficult question...
If I am with people, say at a pub or something, I'd much rather be drinking than be high. But I've also gotten sick and been hungover one too many times...
Being high though just puts me straight to sleep, so it is hard to be social.
If I am by myself I would rather just be sober.
You feel sleepy and not social because you probably smoked only indica weed.

Sativa is basically the opposite, you feel super energetic, chatting and always with a smile, also your brain doesn't stop for a moment, that's probably why artist and singer use weed while composing songs and shit, i had my best match with heartstone while being high on sativa in amsterdam, people who live in canada or any place with legal top tier stuff is so lucky...

The good thing about weed is that you can tailor the effect with precision, but this can only happen when you can choose what to buy, so not the usual street dealer exaperience.
The thing about weed making sleepy is just a legend, because 99% of average people smoke indica shit bought on the streets.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I don't follow what you mean.
He means that you can only get that feeling while being in a gym or training home, you can't have that while playing videogames or dancing or watching tv or being with friends, i enjoy my muscle pump too when i train, but you can't have that everywhere everytime unless you use pump products outside of the gym like a moron.

GymWolf

I took a GABA supplement yesterday for the first time. I'm used to heavy drinking and benzos, fuck, 500mg of GABA hit me more than half a bottle of vodka. How is that a cheap over-the-counter supplement is that intense?
Gym supplements that help with concentration are super strong, before they banned a lot of substances, pre-workout supplements were full of this stuff, gaba is mild in comparison.

You literally feel in the zone like an elite athlete while training with these things, but depends on what time of the day you use them, they can fuck up your sleep time.

I loved that shit when i was young.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

He means that you can only get that feeling while being in a gym or training home, you can't have that while playing videogames or dancing or watching tv or being with friends, i enjoy my muscle pump too when i train, but you can't have that everywhere everytime unless you use pump products outside of the gym like a moron.

Oh, I can drop for 20 push-ups anywhere. Fuck drugs.

A light beer buzz, with some puffs of the ganja, is probably the best.

Being drunk can be fun at the time, but the final cost is, no pun intended, too high.

RainblowDash

Gold Member
I’ve only experienced being drunk or high from weed and they’re roughly the same.

No hang over from smoking though

Sakura

You feel sleepy and not social because you probably smoked only indica weed.

Sativa is basically the opposite, you feel super energetic, chatting and always with a smile, also your brain doesn't stop for a moment, that's probably why artist and singer use weed while composing songs and shit, i had my best match with heartstone while being high on sativa in amsterdam, people who live in canada or any place with legal top tier stuff is so lucky...

The good thing about weed is that you can tailor the effect with precision, but this can only happen when you can choose what to buy, so not the usual street dealer exaperience.
The thing about weed making sleepy is just a legend, because 99% of average people smoke indica shit bought on the streets.
I don't actually have a lot of experience with it. I probably had too much.
I just had some edibles and stuff when I was back in Canada for Christmas a couple years ago.

GymWolf

I don't actually have a lot of experience with it. I probably had too much.
I just had some edibles and stuff when I was back in Canada for Christmas a couple years ago.
If you had that couch-lock effect, it was 100% indica or an hybrid.

I made a friend of mine smoking his first joint in his life with a powerfull sativa and it was literally jumping in the streets of amsterdam like a moron :lollipop_squinting:

K.N.W.

I picked the "Always Sober", because, once you get free form any substance, that's where you senses give you the full unedulcorated sensations.
But, if I were to choose between the other two, I would prefer High, because, even if it wears out pretty quickly (due to tolerance), is way hard to get sick by it.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I dont drink what so ever, and when i get high its usually just to help me sleep or relax, and its just a small piece of a gummy so its only a little high. So id say sober tbh

My high is a muscle pump. Fuck drugs.
Yeah I was gonna say. I don't like feeling either drunk (which I've only been a couple of times in my life) and don't even like the concept of getting high on drugs so I've never done that.

But the thing they call "runners' high" -- that feeling you get after a nice jog/run, whatever that is -- that shit is amazing.

Star-Lord

As a recovering alcoholic, I really should be responsible and condone all drinking, but it would be massively hypocritical of me because, let’s face it, alcohol is awesome.

Top Bottom