• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which SIE Franchises need a reboot/remake?

Which SIE Franchises need a reboot/remake?

• Total voters

Handel

Legend of Dragoon is my most wanted, loved that game as a kid and there is still a lot to love about the story and aspects of the gameplay to this day(gameplay definitely needs refining the most, plot can be largely the same).

Dark Cloud was a nice mix of dungeon crawler and town builder, sad that the series is dead. Level-5 has gone way downhill these days.

PaRappa is fun, could still do with such rhythm games.

Twisted Metal also needs to come back, or some other battle racer. Straight racing games aren't my thing, but games like Twisted Metal, Burnout 3, etc. I like a lot.

ANIMAL1975

There's been a lot of discussions lately about Sony's first party and Microsoft's first party, which got me thinking. There was an era where Sony really tried to put out some interesting games, but maybe just lacked a bit of polish/budget/investment. As a result, many of their early franchises have gone by the wayside but could have a lot of potential in this day and age if done well. They're already looking at Twisted Metal, which we all think will be a F2P game.

Which franchises would you like to see return and how should they do it? Should SOCOM come back but as an FPS instead of a squad-based 3rd person shooter? There are a couple mentions that I left off the list either due to limited success, recency, or likelihood of coming back... franchises like Infamous, Warhawk, MAG, e.t.c. ultimately I ran out of space.
More than anything killzone reboot in Helghan (not in any other shiny shity planet, shity toxic Helghan), killzone2 multi-player remaster, and a massive multiplayer online killzone shooter.

Rudius

A new Killzone or Resistance reboot with VR support would be great. The same for a new Motorstorm or Twisted Metal: hybrid games playable both with TV and VR.

Top Bottom