• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which title is more important, SEGA Sonic the Hedgehog or SONY Twisted Metal?

Which of the pair up is supreme?

• Yes, Sonic is the one

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Yes, Twisted Metal is the one

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No, Twisted Metal was running on inferior 32-bit hardware.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (36O)

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I've often pondered this classic pair up. :pie_thinking:

Sonic. He goes incredibly fast. This is important for his character.

But Twisted Metal is about vehicles designed to go fast and to attack enemies.

Hasn't Sonic been outclassed? What was once a feature of his blessed biology -- going way too fast and spin-killing enemy robots -- has now been usurped by technology itself,

In other wordds, Twisted Metal is the post-apocalyptic version of Sonic.

---

Answer the poll and tell me if you agree

theHFIC

trick question Twisted Metal and Sonic the Hedgehog exist in the same universe if you connect the dots in each game it is pretty obvious.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
trick question Twisted Metal and Sonic the Hedgehog exist in the same universe if you connect the dots in each game it is pretty obvious.
Way to explain yourself into a corner. One is 2D and the other is 3D, so how can you honestly say the exist in the same "universe"?

They're not even on the same console. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
But Sonic goes faster, faster, faster faster faster. Moving at the speed of sound; quickest Hedgehog around. Got ourselves a situation: stuck in a new location..... without any explanation!

theHFIC

Way to explain yourself into a corner. One is 2D and the other is 3D, so how can you honestly say the exist in the same "universe"?

They're not even on the same console. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It doesn't take a poll to figure this out.

Without spaces there are 16 characters in SonicTheHedgehog
Sega Genesis was a 16bit platform

Twisted Metal is 12 characters without spaces
Sony is a 4 letter word
4 goes into 12 3 times
12 times 3 is 36 which is 4 more than the 32 bit platform that Playstation is.

16 times 2 is 32 plus SONY makes it 36.

There are 12 characters in the original Twisted Metal. There are six zones in Sonic The Hedgehog (not including the short final zone).

12 divided by 6.... 2

There are two games mentioned in this poll. Thus proving that Sonic and Twisted Metal exist in the same universe.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It doesn't take a poll to figure this out.

Without spaces there are 16 characters in SonicTheHedgehog
Sega Genesis was a 16bit platform

Twisted Metal is 12 characters without spaces
Sony is a 4 letter word
4 goes into 12 3 times
12 times 3 is 36 which is 4 more than the 32 bit platform that Playstation is.

16 times 2 is 32 plus SONY makes it 36.

There are 12 characters in the original Twisted Metal. There are six zones in Sonic The Hedgehog (not including the short final zone).

12 divided by 6.... 2

There are two games mentioned in this poll. Thus proving that Sonic and Twisted Metal exist in the same universe.
Eeeee yeah, I can't disagree with your logic there.

Guess we know where Big the Cat got his nickname, am I right?

Codes 208

I came in here unironically expecting it to be another Afro thread. You’re getting too good at this.

Almost too good...

Almost too good...

Wait.....

Have Afro and Dun ever been seen in the same room, at the same time?

giphy.gif

xviper

i don't know what is the mutual thing between those two games, you clearly just want to make polls

but to answer your question, they are both equally worthless

Hanon

Banned
I can't tell if this is some stealth anti-Sonic thread because of the post Apocalypse theory rambling.

Serious post incoming, Sonic has a influence on gaming despite mostly being a refinement in platforming rather than a reinvention, twisted metal is niche despite being the forefather of car combat games (name me a car combat game that came out before twisted metal if IAM misjudging what was the first car combat game)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I can't tell if this is some stealth anti-Sonic thread because of the post Apocalypse theory rambling.

Serious post incoming, Sonic has a influence on gaming despite mostly being a refinement in platforming rather than a reinvention, twisted metal is niche despite being the forefather of car combat games (name me a car combat game that came out before twisted metal if IAM misjudging what was the first car combat game)
Completely serious poll about an age-old dilemma that has been on gamers minds for a long time.

Sonic games are at their best when the player gets to traverse an interesting map packed with secrets and power-ups tucked away from (and above) the normal field of play. Flinging yourself into the air with the hopes of landing on a far-off platform felt like SEGA's take on the Raccoon Tail from Super Mario Bros 3 (which wasn't strictly about flying, per se, but about finding secret areas).

Top Bottom