• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Xbox Series Version do you have? Series X or Series S?

Which Xbox Series Version do you have?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 159 64.4%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • both

Votes: 49 19.8%

• Total voters

Sleepwalker

Series X, I havent bought a game for years now, I like my games on discs and not being able to launch them without an internet connection made it clear to me it makes no sense investing on that platform. So I just sub to gamepass every now and then and thats it. Also use it for MS rewards.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Had an S, sold it.

It was ok. Great form factor. Small and efficient, well built.

Cross gen games and last gen games ran great. Hogwarts Legacy and Elden Ring looked like ass IMO.

I had years of Game Pass Ultimate, think I started subbing in 2018, from memory. Would have been insane if I didn’t have a family, 14-21 year old me would have loved it.

Now I just only had time to play a one off small game every 6-12 months, like Ori and Plague Tale.

I’ve put over 150 hours in to Elden Ring and TotK so far, I’m happy just to be selective now and put my money towards the studios I like.

Isa

Series X here. I only use GP for first party stuff which is nice, though when interested I splurge for the early access and season pass stuff. A few indies or games I'd not normally play. Otherwise I buy all of my stuff, which is a hefty amount. And I gift a lot to my friends, and this last big sale I bought my best fren like 8-10 games lol. It was his birthday and being a responsible Dad who could only look on at games he always wanted to try, he finally has the chance. So far he's been loving them.

For me its my main, if they were to release a Pro/XXX version I'd probably bite. My girl uses it for movies and anime a lot too, so its always in use and has performed admirably.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Series X.

x-gon-give-it-to-ya-dmx.gif

Last edited:

LakeOf9

Imagine owning any Xbox

If I did get one it would be a Series X, though a Series S existing at least makes more sense to me than the all digital PS5 does

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
First party Gamepass all the way, Starfield might be the first MS title I purchase out right since Gamepass became a thing. (mostly cuz of mod support)
Smaller titles from smaller developers even if on Gamepass ill give it a go then use the discount, assuming it isnt utter shite.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’ve got the good one no one at MD seems to give a fuck about.

£300 trade in on CEX upcoming…

Last edited:
I have a Series S and own dozens of games on it. I don't really do Gamepass unless I want to playtest a bunch of games to determine if I want to add them to my PC/Xbox library. It baffles me how rock solid the framerate for some games is on that small box despite being all over the place on my mid range PC (bad ports not hardware related) and how much I enjoy not having 2+ launchers on my PC to play one game. Also they have some pretty great sales every now and then, plus third party key resalers have good deals as well. Of course the lack of mods has me opt for PC versions of most modern releases, but otherwise it is my main gaming machine.

I would love for them to do more company outreach to get older games on 360 marketplace and older consoles playable on this machine. It is perfect for emulation.

Last edited:

Hoddi

I have both. I already had Gamepass on PC and only bought my S as a GP machine for an old plasma I didn't want to throw out. I later grabbed an X for the living room OLED though I've ended up mostly just playing on the S.

I've bought a small handful of games for it but, again, it's mostly a GP machine. I like playing on it when I can't be arsed to sit at a desk and don't own the game on PS.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Both. I bought XSX and I got XSS for free from GameStop during their BOGO holiday debacle. I buy games and I play games on game pass. I've been more PS5 focused lately but I'll swing back for Starfield and Lies of P.

LastBattle

I’ve got an X in the living area for the graphic intensive games and an S in the bedroom for the. Smaller indie type games when the Living area is being used. Also have a backbone if I want to be with the family but not interested in what they are watching.

Probably 60-80% Gamepass. The rest I buy digital. My series x disk drive is still a virgin.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
XSX, I use Game Pass, rarely buy games on Xbox.

I probably won't be resubbing when it runs out. Xbox is an exclusive machine for me, so I'll just buy the few games on Xbox I wanna play.

I have both: a Series X for the living room and a Series S for the basement. I have Game Pass, but buy games too.

This is a good thread to put some console warriors on ignore.

My next plan is to get a PS5 for the living room once the slim/pro thing sorts itself out. Maybe I can get an original PS5 for cheap when people start upgrading.

Last edited:

NeonDelta

Curently none. But I've owned two. One I sold to get a 3070 gpu, the other was stolen.

Both times they ended up gathering dust after a few months.

spons

Gold Member
Almost all my games are bought and played on a Series S. Game Pass doesn't really have an interesting library for me. Starfield will be the first game in a loooong time that I'll get off of the service.

nikos

I had an X but sold it years ago because all of Microsoft's games are on PC. Only used it to pay a couple of co-op games. I still subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate.

splattered

I've had GamePass since it was available but more so for my kids... and then we have x4 Series X in the house. PS5 with PSVR2... errr you don't really wanna know how many consoles i have in my house.

MAtgS

S. I basically got it to be a Game Pass & emulation box while PS5 is my go to Big-Boy-Premium-Machine-for-Big-Boy-Games box.

Plus I got it for like $50-80 by trading in my XB1 & physical games. Had I gone with X instead, not only would it cost $200 more but I'd have been more inclined to keep some of my discs & thus less store credit.

reinking

Gold Member
Had the X but sold it. Gaming PC and Xbox are highly redundant, imo. All I ended up using XSX for was rewards quests. That isn't to say it was a bad console. It was really good. Just didn't feel like I needed it after a while.
Since I already have it, I will keep it but it will be my last Xbox console if MS keeps their promise of PC day one.

Top Bottom