• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Xbox Series Version do you have? Series X or Series S?

Which Xbox Series Version do you have?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 159 64.4%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • both

Votes: 49 19.8%

• Total voters
Both
"S" in the bedroom 1080P
"X" in the living room 2160P

I only buy games I want, maybe a couple a year. No game pass but starting September gold will be game pass core.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Poor test if you are trying to test the "market", way more people on an enthusiast board will have the X than S. (or both)

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
XB1X and that thing still holds up. It's the way I played RDR2 and nothing has even matched it this gen.
I still have physical copies of many backwards compatible games from OG Xbox and 360. Makes it worth keeping for me. I also think it will retain a higher value over the years.

I know it would never happen, but I wish they would bring Steel Battalion to BC with the controller support. I still own that.

Havoc2049

Series X. I subscribe to Game Pass Ultimete, but I also buy games that aren't on Game Pass and sometimes Collector's Editions of games even if they are on Game Pass, if it's from a series I really enjoy and collect.

Last edited:
I have a launch Series X. Wasn’t going to get the S eSpecially since I have so many 360/X1 discs already. I don’t really do Gamepass because I prefer to own my games, but having the option to use GP trials to test out games here and then isn’t bad. Between my backwards compatible catalogue and new games I have too much to play already.

A lot of stuff I just wait and buy on sale, unless it’s a big game I want to play on launch like Elden Ring or something. Being able to play games from so many different gens is the main appeal to me, as I like revisiting my old favorite games, and a lot of BC games get stuff like 4K and/or 60fps support on Xbox.

Replayed Oblivion not long ago. Just threw the disc in and it’s 4K/60fps. Didn’t need to buy a remaster. It’s a really nice bonus.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Flip X GIF by Mr A Hayes

Had both along with gamepass but realised really quickly they were redundant and sold them both and got a PC to go with my PS5 and Switch. Couldn’t be happier.

Made a small profit on the X and broke even on the S with a 50% trade in bonus for PSVR2. Will never buy another xbox. They feel so pointless to own if you have a PC.

nordique

have both
series x since launch

in canada we get these things cal PC optimum points when we buy groceries etc
can time it with tons of bonus points on items we'd purchase anyways. one of the better rewards programs out there provided you utilize what you get
have used them and timed with certain event weeks such that you can claim bonus points for free

anyways, long way to say have used them to pay off a Series S (two of them, one for my sister) and a switch lite.

my weird internet flex

lucbr

I have a Series X. Is my main platform nowadays and I buy all third parties games for it, can't live without Quick Resume and love how quiet it is.

So yes, I buy a lot of games. Just to name the ones I bought recently: Disco Elysium, Resident 4, Jedi Survivor, Ishin, Lost Judgment and Kingdom Come.

Now, with the Rewards, I tend to buy most of my games digital. Before I use to buy mostly physical. From those I cited, only Lost Judgment was physical.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

I have a Series X.

Currently playing Front Mission, Batsugun, Akai Katana, Street Fighter 6, Halo Infinite and MCC, Ace Combat 6, and Panzer Dragoon Orta.
The console has games despite what many GAFers say over and over.

Getting Armored Core VI and Starfield soon.

Both. Love Game Pass and still buy games, especially the ones we like after trying/playing them while active on Game Pass and then getting them at a discount when leaving GP. Awesome.

Edit: Good idea Naked Lunch Naked Lunch stating what you're playing too.

Currently playing around with MCC, Apex Legends still, some FH5, a little Quake II, of course family games like Overcooked 2, Rayman in short bursts, just put GTAV back on to play with the kids, and we use emulation on our Series S. Son is banging on with friends in Rainbow 6 and daughter is hanging out on Fortnite and Sims.

Got a backlog of Play Later and Coming Soon earmarked. Hell of a games run on Xbox/GP for August and Sept. Far too much to pay, lots to enjoy.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Series X and I mostly only use gamepass. I’d buy more games if storage expansion cards weren’t still so expansive (for what you get).

El Muerto

Both. Bought an Xbox One S toward the end of the 8th gen as i got bored with the PS4. Loved gamepass so much i got the Series X even though I already had a PS5 too. After doing Microsoft rewards i had enough points to grab a Series S when they were on sale for black friday last year. Series S is in my spare room/office, use it for streaming using an 8BitDo remote, and gaming when the wife is playing Zelda on the living room tv. For multiplatform games, I prefer to buy the game for the Xbox, unless the game has neat dual sense features. I like the Xbox ecosystem better.

I have both. The kids use the S and I use the X. I have a gaming pc, but I don’t use it much because I hate being away from my wife and kids. I typically play for an hour or two when my wife and kid go to bed earlier than me.

I have a switch and I usually get a PlayStation too, but haven’t this time. They are porting all their games to pc, so just waiting them out.

I have gamepass ultimate, and I use it some, but I still like actually owning most of my games, so I usually buy digitally when they go on sale over half off. I currently have about 10 terabytes of games installed on my X, an expansion card, and external drive.

When I do play games pc games, I usually plug up my pc to the living room tv.

Last edited:
An X. And I did at first, but most games I want to play on Xbox are Day 1 Gamepass now (Halo Infinite, and Starfield coming up). I may buy the discs for physical collection purposes when they hit rock bottom prices.

My physical PS4/PS5 collection is much larger than my Xbox one thanks to Gamepass.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I have both.

The S I bought pretty much at launch and loved it so much with gamepass that I upgraded to an X a year later just for the bigger hard drive and the blu ray player to retire my PS4 from the setup.

Now my S pretty much sits unused as it is my dedicated Rock Band 4 and Jackbox machine that I take to gatherings

Robb

Gold Member
Series X, it’s solely a GamePass machine. Haven’t bought a single title for it yet.

Last edited:

twilo99

I just wanted something to play on sitting on the couch so I got a used s for under $200... amazing value.

The thing is small, efficient, well built, and I've had zero issues with it thus far.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
95% gamepass
I'm probs 99 percent game pass when I think about it, because I buy games on pc now or the odd game on disk that's a one and done. Same with my ps5, I don't replay campaign games really unless it's fromsoft so I just play through them and sell them off.

Malio

Only have a Series S for gamepass or games I find super cheap on key resellers. This is the way. (if you’re a cheapskate)

Vox Machina

Banned
Series X. Have Game Pass and I buy games. Use it mostly when I want to hang out with the wife in the living room and for party games when friends are over. Currently playing Stray on it.

supernova8

Banned
Series S, proudly holding back Baldurs Gate 3 and Forza Motorsport
Holding Hold The Line GIF

I figured it was cheap enough to be a no-brainer, Game Pass even at full price seems/seemed like a good enough deal to have that many games available to try.

I will (probably) eventually sell it and get a Series X instead if/when I see games that (visually) warrant said upgrade.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Series X. Haven't used it much since I stopped subbing to Gamepass, it is ready for whenever I get around to Starfield though. I have to say that in the early days I spent a lot of time playing 360 games in BC mode, they have done a great job in that respect.

DaGwaphics

Technically both at the moment, but I will sell the XSS as it is redundant for me since I only play on the one screen.

I've got an X but I barely touch it, my wife uses it more than I do.

I'll probably play Starfield on it and then back to not using it. Same thing happened with my Switch, used it for TotK and then it just sits.

I'm too deep in the PlayStation ecosystem to change horses now.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Series X.
Mainly Game Pass but that might change, bought 4 games: Metro Exodus, Biomutant, Mad Max and Sleeping Dogs.
Console is great, but buying games with gift cards is way more easier on PS so i buy most games there.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I was interested in the split of the consoles. I could never imagine buying a Series S. And it surprised me that many have both.

It was easy for me to imagine using shoppers points with bonus redemption, real cost was lower for me. Anyhow, just saying the split represented on here won't be indicative of the market, I suspect there are more S sold than the poll suggests.

I own a Series S right now, but before that I've owned both a Series S and a Series X.

Honestly I will probably get rid of the Series S soon though because I bought it for MW2 2009 again and sort of grown tired of it.

Top Bottom