• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Queen cast for X-Men: First Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Bond girl Rosamund Pike ("Die Another Day," "An Education," "Doom") is apparently a contender to play Emma Frost in Matthew Vaughn's "X-Men: First Class" reports Forces of Geek.

A source for the site reveals Pike was spotted at the offices of Lucinda Syson, the casting director for Matthew Vaughn's last two films, and was spotted carrying a Emma Frost comic book at the time.

The fictional telepathic character, also known as the White Queen, started out as the X-Men's most dangerous foes to one of its most central members.

wgzdt.jpg

fanboi

Banned
Is it just me, but when I see Sookie get banged and bitten in what looks like S&M in True Blood... I think of the innocent girl from X-Men?

Solo

Would. So hard. Only good thing about Die Another Day.

This movie is shaping THE FUCK UP. I mean, goddamn - Matt Vaughn, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and now Rosamund Pike? Jesus, if the script is halfway decent, surprise hit of summer 2011 right here.

jaxword

Hope she can do it. She's a bit older than the Queen in current continuity (and less, er, endowed) but hopefully the acting makes up for it?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Kinda missing in the chest department, isn't she?

Hate to discriminate like that, but White Queen's whole thing is pretty much her looks, and while Rosamund certainly looks great, she's kind of missing the main thing that defines White Queen is her cleavage.

Am I wrong? :(

Solo

RubxQub said:

Hate to discriminate like that, but White Queen's whole thing is pretty much her looks, and while Rosamund certainly looks great, she's kind of missing the main thing that defines White Queen is her cleavage.

Shes done topless scenes. Go use your internet powers and find out!

RubxQub said:

Well, her boobs really got major attention until her New X-Men debut. Before then she was pretty business professional in Generation X. And any bustier worth a damn can give her the lift if they do old school White Queen.

RubxQub said:

Emma Frost actually has cosmetic enhancements as an adult.

Being First Class it makes sense that she wouldn't be the buxom vixen we know from her adult life.

RubxQub

Solo said:
Shes done topless scenes. Go use your internet powers and find out!
Oh I've seen them (thought she looked insane in Doom...had to check her out), that's what I'm getting at... :lol

But it looks like perhaps it's kind of canon that she wouldn't be "enhanced" yet? Awesome, then. Perfect.

Solo

RubxQub said:
Oh I've seen them (thought she looked insane in Doom...had to check her out), that's what I'm getting at... :lol .

Why am I not surprised you've already seen the assets :lol

Thunder Monkey said:
Emma Frost actually has cosmetic enhancements as an adult.

Being First Class it makes sense that she wouldn't be the buxom vixen we know from her adult life.

I know she had a nose job but did she ever claim to have breast implants?

BJK

2wrq4wx.gif

Since I don't know anything about the script, is Emma at the school (a la Generation X), or would she be a rival to Xavier (teaching the Hellions)?
That I know this much about the character kinda makes saying 'Would' pointless.
I only ask that they adhere to the high taste and quality standards set by the comics when making the costume. :D

RubxQub

Solo said:
Why am I not surprised you've already seen the assets :lol
For me, the hierarchy has always been:

People you know nudity (regardless) > celebrity nudity > random person nudity

...so since I hardly get any "people I know" nudity going on, I pretty much have to scope out any celebs that pop up that I've never heard of before :D

/creeper

Replicant

She may not have extreme jugs but she's very beautiful and has that icy look. And personally, I find girls with humongous jugs like Emma Frost in comic to be repelling.

2410e3d.jpg

RubxQub

Replicant said:
She may not have extreme jugs but she's very beautiful and has that icy look. And personally, I find girls with humongous jugs like Emma Frost in comic to be repelling.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2410e3d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
After revisiting the...uh...source material, I think she's probably got enough to fake it out with a push-up if they went that way.

Shame we wouldn't be getting any of those "tons of side and top boob" type outfits if they went that route, but it'd be plenty to do the role justice, and she's actually a capable enough actor to bring it anyways.

I think I can cancel the alarm, we may be OK. :lol

Solo said:
Would. So hard. Only good thing about Die Another Day.

Aren't you forgetting that shot of Halle Berry in the bikini? Easily eclipsed Rosamund Pike, which is no easy feat.

Or what about Madonna?

I was joking about the Madonna thing

Anyways, She's Out of My League was one of the biggest piles of horseshit I've ever sat through but the girl was decent. Really disappointed it's not Pike though.

anaron

January Jones cast as Emma Frost

"X-Men: First Class" has added several new names to its cast, according to Deadline Hollywood. Director Michael Vaughn ("Kick-Ass") and producer Bryan Singer have reportedly lined up "Mad Men" actress January Jones to play telepathic beauty Emma Frost — a role that was previously rumored to belong to "She's Out of My League" star Alice Eve.

Other reported names added are: Zoe Kravitz, daughter of Lenny, who is set to play Angel; Jason Flemyng as Azazel, the father of Nightcrawler; Bill Milner as the young Magneto (Michael Fassbender will play the elder); and Morgan Lily as the young Raven.

They join previously announced "First Class" mutants: James McAvoy (Xavier), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee), Lucas Till (Havoc) and Edi Gathegi (Darwin). Other players include Kevin Bacon as the villain, Rose Byrne as Xavier's love interest Moira MacTaggert, and Oliver Platt as the Man in Black. Production is scheduled to begin Monday in London.

I think she suits her character fine on Mad Men but as Emma?

dmcz5s.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom