• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who’s picking up Ghost Of Tsushima?

Eiknarf

Who’s picking up Ghost Of Tsushima on Day-One?

Do you think it’ll be as GOOD and well received by critics as The Last of Us 2?

Any early buzz from those who received copies?

I ask because it seems so quiet after everything leading up to the release of The Last of Us 2

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm, I always been fan of Sucker Punch's games, even Second son was my least favourite InFAMOUS, I still had fun and even platinum the game.

dorkimoe

Maybe. It looks good, but I am not sold on it yet. If i get it, it will be second hand for 30-40 bucks

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I read an article about the side quests in that game being at The Witcher 3 level! That's all I needed for it to be DAY ONE!

I might be wrong but this game might appeal to a smaller audience than TLOU II. Its still going to sell ALOT but I feel like this game will be played by a lot of the core gamer audience.

Probably why it doesn't generate the same level of buzz as TLOU.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm totally in this game, but uncertain about dayone.

Not a fan of buying dayone because well...they are freaking expansive. I already make my mind long ago about expanding fortunes on a single game.

Besides, that will give me time to confirm this is the game I'm looking foward.

J3nga

Maybe, so far I'm not sold on what they've showed, so I'll need to listen what some of the bloggers have got to say, but it at least makes me appreciate that it is just a game which isn't trying to push certain agendas.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I am. Day one.

Impressions from those who have received review codes have been mostly positive. I'm expecting mid-80's across the board.

makaveli60

I wanted to buy it Day 1 but just bought a new TV so I'm not sure anymore but I will certainly do in August at the latest. It will be awesome, I'm sure.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting to see how PS4 Pro performance is to decide whether or not to pick up at launch or wait for PS5.

Tiamat2san

I am because I’m bored.
I love the setting but the last state of play was underwhelming.

Might be a good surprise, I will see.

Then I will be done with PS4 until PS5.
I’ll only play gamepass games til Series X or PS5 are out.

#endofgenerationblues

Last edited:

dolabla

I was, but not anymore. Not because of the game, but because I want to be able to play this (what looks to be a) glorious game on an OLED tv. I'm planning to get the tv in September so I'll get the game then. Will be the perfect game to break in the new OLED.

DavidGzz

Already told the wife how it's gonna be even though I just bought TLOU2 and drained our account setting money aside for both next gen consoles, games, controllers, a monitor etc. Rekt.

JimiNutz

Banned
Day one.

I rarely buy games day one as I only buy digital these days but I've wanted an open world Samurai game for about 10 years now :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Game looks beautiful based on footage that we've seen so far and I really like what I've heard from the Devs in terms of their aims for combat and the environment/world.

I'm pretty confident it'll satisfy me.

Dthomp

I am. But i'm not hyped at all. I just want a triple A game to play.

I'm leaning that way myself. Haven't fully committed to it yet, and nothing I've seen has me super stoked. I mean it's pretty, but honestly I care more about the overall story and experience more then "it's beautiful". If I want art I'll go to a museum, I want an absolute good time out of a game. I am overdue for a big blockbuster game though as they are usually at least worth the money to me so I'm sure they'll get my money.

Day one.

I rarely buy games day one as I only buy digital these days but I've wanted an open world Samurai game for about 10 years now :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Game looks beautiful based on footage that we've seen so far and I really like what I've heard from the Devs in terms of their aims for combat and the environment/world.

I'm pretty confident it'll satisfy me.

Im right with you. I took next Friday,a nd the following Monday off and the wife already knows to play her sims and leave me alone lolol

Arkam

iu

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I got suckered in by the black and white mode with Japanese language. I won't be able to take my eyes off screen trying to read the subtitles.

I love japanese culture and Samurai films are some of my favorite, I couldn't say no so I pre ordered it.
This is a passion project for SuckerPunch and the way they described their love for Akira Kurosawa movies and how they wanted to make it as cinematic as possible it got me so pumped.

Last edited:

Paasei

Day 1 for me. Can't wait to explore a non-fantasized Japanese setting. It looks like the AC game I always wanted when it comes to setting.

Blond

Banned
I wish I just saw some gameplay that just didn't look like a Ubisoft open world game. It could honestly be Assassins Creed: Samurai or something, maybe 30 bucks at Black Friday but not full price unless someone can show me some gamplay that knocks my socks off because I waited so long for a demo that did nothing for me lol.

I wish I just saw some gameplay that just didn't look like a Ubisoft open world game. It could honestly be Assassins Creed: Samurai or something, maybe 30 bucks at Black Friday but not full price unless someone can show me some gamplay that knocks my socks off because I waited so long for a demo that did nothing for me lol.
They announced it too early. I knew this game would be boring once I saw the gameplay reveal in 2018 or whenever it was. It did prove my suspicions wrong about cinematic gameplay however, it looks more gamey than typical Sony exclusives.

I knew the gameplay would be basic.

Top Bottom