• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are your favorite game villains?

40%20-%20Kefka.gif

Final Fantasy VI's Kefka

halflife-phot-001.jpg

Half-Life's creepy G-Man

ripburger.gif

Full Throttle's Adrian Ripburger (voiced by Mark Hamill)

150px-Ganondorf.jpg

The Legend of Zelda's Ganondorf

112-intro.jpg

Starcraft's Sarah Kerrigan

punch13.jpg

Mike Tyson in Punch-Out!

October01_villains_10.jpg

Command & Conquer's Kane

Along with many, many more that escape me at the moment...

Personally, I'll rarely ever enjoy corny villains like Bowser. For certain genres like RPGs and adventure games, they can be the game's biggest attraction, or at least the best character. It's like, you're motivated to go on and bear many trials and frustrating hours in front of a screen, only to confront your nemesis. :D

Ecrofirt

Sepiroth lololololol

Hey, I've played through and beaten Full Throttle. I don't remember that guy at all. Care to refresh me?

Ark-AMN

Banned
AniHawk said:
G-Man isn't a villain.
I guess that is debateable.

So then, I nominate Dr. Wallace Breen. His "Breencast" speeches in Half Life 2 are awesome, as well as the final chapter with him. Plus, he was the "Administrator" in both Half Life as well, though never seen or mentioned by name.
Breen.jpg

rod

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
Sepiroth lololololol

its sepHiroth and OMGZ IM TEH LAME I LIKE FF7 LOL I BELONGZ ON GAMEFAQS AMIRITE?

i thought he (seph) was a great villan. wario is awesome tho, cos hes funny.

Variable

Ecrofirt said:
Sepiroth lololololol

Hey, I've played through and beaten Full Throttle. I don't remember that guy at all. Care to refresh me?

Uhh, he is the main bad guy, the one who kill Malcome Corley with a pipe.

TreIII

Gotta go with the classics....

3) Dr. Wily - His eyebrow thing made me chuckle back then, and it still makes me cackle from time to time now.

2) M.Bison/Vega - In both Street Fighter 2: World Warrior, and SSF2Turbo, this guy was BEASTLY. Though I consider myself more or less "accomplished" fighting gamer now, I STILL can have trouble when I try to take on this guy in these two games, where he was arguably at his finest.

1) Bowser Koopa - Everyone gives Mario the supposed credit for "Saving the industry", but really, if it weren't for Bowser kidnapping Peach so he could do things to her, Mario wouldn't have a reason to keep trudging through multiple worlds and such.

And to this day, I still would love for Bowser to get his own game. To me, it's high time; the times when he got screen action in Paper Mario 2 were arguably some of the best moments in the game, and I think SPM will only further capitalize on this notion that Bowser can carry a show all by himself.

...But alas...at this point, we can probably count on relative nobodies like Petey Piranha and Waluigi getting their own games before the Koopa King gets his due as a starring role.

TreIII said:
Gotta go with the classics....

3) Dr. Wily - His eyebrow thing made me chuckle back then, and it still makes me cackle from time to time now.

2) M.Bison/Vega - In both Street Fighter 2: World Warrior, and SSF2Turbo, this guy was BEASTLY. Though I consider myself more or less "accomplished" fighting gamer now, I STILL can have trouble when I try to take on this guy in these two games, where he was arguably at his finest.

1) Bowser Koopa - Everyone gives Mario the supposed credit for "Saving the industry", but really, if it weren't for Bowser kidnapping Peach so he could do things to her, Mario wouldn't have a reason to keep trudging through multiple worlds and such.

And to this day, I still would love for Bowser to get his own game. To me, it's high time; the times when he got screen action in Paper Mario 2 were arguably some of the best moments in the game, and I think SPM will only further capitalize on this notion that Bowser can carry a show all by himself.

...But alas...at this point, we can probably count on relative nobodies like Petey Piranha and Waluigi getting their own games before the Koopa King gets his due as a starring role.
i dont know, for some reason i found sagat to be a more challenging of a boss than m. bison not that he was easy. and he had that sinister laugh whenever he won

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
For the love of god, you have all of these Lucasarts villians and yet you forget the greatest of them all.

purple2.gif

EarthBound_-_Final_Boss_Giygas.jpg

ghaleon.jpg

300px-Ramon_Salazar.jpg

cervantes_concept.jpg

sigma1.gif

Blade%20Master%20Alastor.jpg

X-Death.jpg

grue.png

ss_book1_zeon.jpg

SolidSnakex said:
Not only is he my favorite villain, but my favorite character throughout the entire MGS series.

Second said:
Bo_Kain_Throne.jpg

I was so mad at him in the first Soul Reaver game.
Kain isn't technically a villain, but then again -- in exclusive perspective with Soul Reaver, I was pretty pissed at him, too.

Have you played Defiance? Kain is a badass.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Shard said:
For the love of god, you have all of these Lucasarts villians and yet you forget the greatest of them all.

purple2.gif

This post gets my official seal of approval ®

Vrolokus

Banned
Maybe I'm just too old, but:

Ganon.jpg

I love and miss the pig Ganon of my youth. Jesus Christ Nintendo, if you're going to insist on pushing the gerudo Ganon on us with each new Zelda, at least put classic blue pig Ganon in the Wii Smash Bros.!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Vrolokus said:
Maybe I'm just too old, but:

Ganon.jpg

I love and miss the pig Ganon of my youth. Jesus Christ Nintendo, if you're going to insist on pushing the gerudo Ganon on us with each new Zelda, at least put classic blue pig Ganon in the Wii Smash Bros.!

hehe.. from a time when i didn't ask questions about the motivation or origin of villains, this was one of my favorites.

"so why are you killing him?"
"because he's a blue pig and he's killing me."

Ashodin

wa3_0708_17.jpg

Not because who he is, but who he becomes. After playing Wild Arms, then going straight into Wild Arms 3, makes this game so much more awesome.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Gotta represent Volgin, who's my fav MGS villain.

11426296.gif

And Colonel Nohman. They're pretty much the same character, really, but I love em.

64306561.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
deloco.gif

galcian.gif

Two completely awesome characters that no one has mentioned yet.

Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia. That one poster that uses him in his avatar kind of tarnished his coolness though.

Liquid Snake

SHODAN - My all-time favorite I think.

Can't think of any others really.

Top Bottom