• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are your favorite game villains?

ethelred

My picks for the best would be...

Krelian, from Xenogears.

Luc, from the Suikoden series.

Lans Tartare, from the Ogre Battle Saga.

Kefka, Ghaleon, and Fawful earn honorable mentions for their comedic value.

bison-pic.jpg

M.Bison has got to be the the most famous villains in a fighter.. Gill has nothing on him

heihachi3hj.jpg

If strapping your father, your son and your grand son onto a Rocket then blasting them into space isn't evil enough,, than I don't what is

eggman0.jpg

I am the EGGMAN, That's what I am, I am the Eggman, with the master plan

Souryu.jpg

Lan Di is sure as cold as ice

We have a nice potpourri of villains so far. And you gotta give it to Silicon Knights; even if their games aren't universally loved, at least these guys know how to create interesting characters and bad guys. :)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Ryder said:
Quoted for troof.

I love the style of artwork in that picture; kinda disappointed they changed it up for the DS games to that psuedo-anime :(.

there is nothing psuedo about it. it is as anime as the next toonami anime.

cifer8ws.png

I liked the way he acted, just as a little child would.

kifmactionfiguresmcfarlanefigu1.jpg

Liked her background and was
sad, when she died, because otacon lost his beloved.

SpokkX

Revolver Ocelot from MGS-series
Purple Tentacle from Day of the Tentacle
The Aliens from Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders
LeChuck from Monkey island series
Ganon from Zelda series
Yourself from Dungeon Keeper :)

For comedy value: Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. He has so many awesome lines that it's ridiculous and his animation (jumping all over the screen) and 16-bit laugh seal the deel. The "self-help book" line alone puts him ahead of a lot of villains; it's just the perfect retort to the typical pre-final battle hero speeches :)

As a serious villain: Miang from Xenogears. Part of what I like about her is that she's an interesting, complex character.
On one hand, she's this impossibly evil genius who executes this world-spanning 10,000 year plan to restore Deus, manipulating entire civilizations and never straying from her plot. Yet, she's also not particularly malicious or deliberately "bad" -- she's basically an automaton that is only doing what she was created by Deus to do. I also like how well she initially camoflagues herself as an irrelevant sidekick; when you first meet her, she's tagging along with Ramsus and seems like a generic mid-level recurring villain who will probably end up turning good by the end of the game :D . No one (who hadn't been reading spoilers ;) ) could have EVER guessed that she was going to turn out to be the big bad guy. It's only as you progress through the game do you gradually realize that she's more important than she seems and, finally, that she's actually been behind everything that's happened.

(I also like Revolver Ocelot
for a lot of the same reasons as Miang; in the original MGS, he feigned being a second-in-command so well, and in all three games he's smart and manipulative enough that he's always one step ahead of you.
)

Top Bottom