• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who do you think the 6 GOTY nominees at The VGA's will be?

What 6 games will be nominated at the Keighleys?

• Elden Ring

• NORCO

• NEON White

• Rogue Legacy 2

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Horizon Forbidden West

• Immortality

• Gran Turismo 7

• Hyper Demon

• Kirby and the Forgotten Land

• Pentiment

• As Dusk Falls

• Grounded

• Splatoon 3

• God of War Ragnarok

• A Plague Tale Requiem

• Gotham Knights

• Bayonetta 3

• Stray

• Sifu

• Tunic

• Hyper Demon

• Dying Light 2

• Cult of The Lamb

• Pokemon Legends Arceus

Results are only viewable after voting.

nial

Gold Member
It's going to be:
Elden Ring
God of War Ragnarok
Splatoon 3
A Plague Tale Requiem
Halo Infinite (journos loved that one)
and if I had to guess, Stray.

Lunarorbit

Elden ring
Gow
Cult of lamb
Splatoon 3
Stray
And I forget the last.

Anyone else not like scorns design? I'm not a hr giger hater at all but the alien like aesthetic doesn't do it for me.

tmlDan

GOW
Elden Ring
NEON white
HFW
Bayonetta 3
Tunic

seems like all of these have a good shot but i think GOW or Elden ring take it, XC3 might make the list but i thought it was utter shit.

GOW
Elden Ring
NEON white
HFW
Bayonetta 3
Tunic

seems like all of these have a good shot but i think GOW or Elden ring take it, XC3 might make the list but i thought it was utter shit.
I think it is weird that you put two unreleased games on a list and call a third game which has released utter shit... are you from the future? I dont think Xenoblade 3 is the type of game that wins a game of the year award full stop but you have Bayo 3 and GOW on the list and they have a high chance of being uttter shit..

tmlDan

I think it is weird that you put two unreleased games on a list and call a third game which has released utter shit... are you from the future? I dont think Xenoblade 3 is the type of game that wins a game of the year award full stop but you have Bayo 3 and GOW on the list and they have a high chance of being uttter shit..
Studio pedigree and past performance mean something - i have faith they will both be good and better than XC3. For 90% of the battles i let auto attack win the battles as i took a shit.

Get over yourself.

Studio pedigree and past performance mean something - i have faith they will both be good and better than XC3. For 90% of the battles i let auto attack win the battles as i took a shit.

Get over yourself.
GOW to isnt the same director and it is a sequel set in Norse mythology which people are tired as hell of.. Bayonetta has never been a goty contender.. Xenoblade is not a goty game and it is an rpg of course you can auto win battles.. when has that not been the case in RPGs?

tmlDan

GOW to isnt the same director and it is a sequel set in Norse mythology which people are tired as hell of.. Bayonetta has never been a goty contender.. Xenoblade is not a goty game and it is an rpg of course you can auto win battles.. when has that not been the case in RPGs?
wtf are you talking about? who's tired of it - the last two trailers have 22 million views.

This was not a GOTY contender? you're high.

UbMIKZj.png

sc
wtf are you talking about? who's tired of it - the last two trailers have 22 million views.

UbMIKZj.png

Ah.. yeah GOTY goes to the highest metacritic score? BAYo 2 didnt win in a year with nothing else and I loved the game. the likeliness of bayo 3 winning are tiny. And 22 million views on a youtube video really says nothing about anything.. Elden ring didnt have many really..

Last edited:

Hoppa

Just name it the Elden Ring awards this year. It’ll win best racing game, best fighting game, best VR game

tmlDan

sc

Ah.. yeah GOTY goes to the highest metacritic score? BAYo 2 didnt win in a year with nothing else and I loved the game. the likeliness of bayo 3 winning are tiny. And 22 million views on a youtube video really says nothing about anything.. Elden ring didnt have many really..
actually 99% of the time it does matter.

Prove otherwise.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The first game wouldn't win over elden ring and this game needs to be better than the first by a ME1-ME2 margin to even come close. It has no shot.
Lol it looks like it will be much better than the 1st given the improvements that we know of

And it definitely has more than a shot

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

To me Bayonetta series deserves GOTY but in western media it will never EVER win GOTY because it has sexy design, VGA shows need to maintain their "image".

Last edited:

Yoboman

The first game wouldn't win over elden ring and this game needs to be better than the first by a ME1-ME2 margin to even come close. It has no shot.
I agree it needs a big improvement as a sequel. But GOW has a history of hitting that mark. Particularly GOW 2005 to GOW2 which had to tread much the same path of addressing weaknesses with boss variety

Mozzarella

This year its really easy

- Elden Ring
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Stray
- God of War Ragnarok
- Monster Hunter Rise

Edit: Actually i forgot Bayonetta 3, if its good it will edge out Monster Hunter, but the other 5 are pretty much LOCKED!

Last edited:

Mozzarella

It’s going to be Elden Ring since it’s better and, more importantly, it’s multiplatform.

Great year overall despite all the delays.

Also Immortality will get a few GOTY trophies.
It will steal a best story award for sure just like Her Story did in 2015, lol.
I thought it would be between Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and God of War Ragnarok this year but there is a high chance this game snaps the award out and pssst, leaves.
I dont mean that it doesnt deserve it though, cause i never played it, but i mean is that even a video game? idk.

Handel

I forgot that Halo Infinite counts for this TGA. Despite content delays since launch, it probably still gets one of the six spots.

Last edited:
I think everyone agrees Elden Ring will clean all the awards this year. Can’t see much drama happening really.

Ghostwire Tokyo and GT7 are my personal favourites.
I wish liked Ghostwire Tokyo that much. Big fan of that studio but GT was too much same open world repetition for my taste

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The amount of people thinking Elden Ring won't win GOTY is impressive to me, we are talking about a game that will change Open World game design forever and there are people saying a Sony 101 movie game will somehow beat it?
Translation:

Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

bitbydeath

The amount of people thinking Elden Ring won't win GOTY is impressive to me, we are talking about a game that will change Open World game design forever and there are people saying a Sony 101 movie game will somehow beat it?
I think GoW has a chance to top both of those.
It being fresh in people’s minds gives it a huge advantage alone.

Camreezie

Pokemon Legends Arceus
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring
Stray
Splatoon 3
God of War Ragnarok

If god of war comes too late for the cut off Id say it gets replaced by Sifu or GT7

Handel

I think GoW has a chance to top both of those.
It being fresh in people’s minds gives it a huge advantage alone.
Same was said about RDR2 vs GoW 2018, GoW 2018 still won handily despite RDR2 being more fresh in people's mind and having a higher metacritic.

yurinka

Elden Ring
God of War: Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Bayonetta 3
Return to Monkey Island
Scalebound (Nvidia list joke)

Last edited:
Top Bottom