• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the better actor Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves

who do you consider the greater actor?

• Tom Cruise

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • Keanu Reeves

Votes: 19 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Tom_Cruise_v5.png

MV5BNGJmMWEzOGQtMWZkNS00MGNiLTk5NGEtYzg1YzAyZTgzZTZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE1MTYxNDAw._V1_.jpg

who is the greater actor in your opinion

both are legends, but i feel like they arn't considered elite of the elite like Robert Deniro, Pacino, Denzel etc. but they are solid actors in general

octiny

Banned
Tom Cruise.

He's been nominated for Best Actor twice & once for Supporting Actor at the Academy Awards.

He's also won two Golden Globes for Best Actor, one Supporting Actor & nominated an additional 4 times.

I love Keanu, but Cruise at his best is in a different stratosphere. He's got quite a few great drama's under his belt. Also, never forget..

JGDNqkh.gif

Mohonky

Huh

Bro Tom Cruise is legit a brilliant actor; Keanu Reeves has never ever been known as such. Tom Cruise elevates films, he legit is one of those factors that draws people in.

Keanu Reeves is just a super cool dude that has popped up in a bunch of cult classics, I mean he was born for the role in Point Break. But that's about the extent of it. He's absolutely a great guy though and that's what is so appealing about him.

Fbh

Keanu seems like a great guy and he seems to put a lot of effort into the physical side of his roles.

But the moment he starts talking I'd straight up argue that he is a bad actor.

Cruise is fantastic. Reeves is whatever... I mean I loved the first two Bill and Ted's and I guess Point Break was cool?

Why does everybody have to talk about how great of a guy Reeves is like Cruise is some sort of piece of shit? Okay so he jumped on a couch and joined a cult, big fucking deal!
jumping tom cruise GIF

Lasha

Tom Cruise.

He's been nominated for Best Actor twice & once for Supporting Actor at the Academy Awards.

He's also won two Golden Globes for Best Actor, one Supporting Actor & nominated an additional 4 times.

I love Keanu, but Cruise at his best is in a different stratosphere. He's got quite a few great drama's under his belt. Also, never forget..

JGDNqkh.gif

Thread should have began and ended at tropic thunder. I was shocked when I saw his name during the credits.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm not sure what you mean by the greater actor. Tom Cruise is much better as an actor than Keanu Reeves as far as acting goes but I enjoy Keanu Reeves far more than Tom Cruise.

FeralEcho

I'm not sure what you mean by the greater actor. Tom Cruise is much better as an actor than Keanu Reeves as far as acting goes but I enjoy Keanu Reeves far more than Tom Cruise.
This is exactly how i feel as well.I voted for Tom for his acting chops but Keanu is more charismatic on screen I feel.

ahtlas7

Here I am thinking I am the only person to think Reeves is an awful, flat, monotoned, how-the-hell he keep getting work actor. Thanks Gaf!
…he does seem a nice guy though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Sorry Keanu you my boy and all but Les Grossman vs you accent in Dracula. No comparison

Keanu Reeves GIF

Sorry. Also collateral Tom plays a great maniac in that.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Keanu has that effortless thing going on even though I'm sure he puts in a lot of work. Cruise is always visibly putting in 110% effort to give the most intense Tom Cruise performance. I suppose there is no problem with this weird intensity as long as he is cast appropriately.

MastaKiiLA

Easy win for Tom. I like them both, but Tom Cruise is a much better accept them Keanu. Keanu gained a reputation for being a wooden actor for a good reason.

Counter point to majority of thread: Tom Cruise has the Leonardo DiCaprio effect, where it feels like Tom Cruise performing as Tom Cruise in every movie.

Up until recently(this decade), if you told me the guy from Bill and Ted also played Neo from the Matrix I would have done a double take.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Mission impossible is amazing, back then it was only James Bond and mission impossible now it’s John wick, Bourne etc. but John wick 1 is completely different than 2, and 3.

clarky

Banned
Edge of Tomorrow and The Matrix are 2 of the best science fiction movies of all time so ill call it a draw. Keanu has made more stinkers than Tom though.

Last edited:

Paasei

Tom Cruise is the better actor. I mean, he's such a good actor he convinced himself to join the Scientology church. Only a handful of actors are truly that good.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
… seriously?

Even Clint Eastwood has more expressions than Keanu has in the whole of John Wick. Keanu is a very likeable guy and somehow manages to fit even in clearly miscast roles, but Cruise is a fantastic actor. He could just be one of the many pretty boys Hollywood’s lost down the road, but his intensity and dedication have made him one of the greatest even if he’s one of those who always seem to play the same guy in every movie.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The 13 people who voted keanu need to be disconnected by the matrix because they are clearly living in another dimension.
Brainwashed and would rather live in the matrix than have a cool cave rave that is totally disconnected from reality. Cruise is the matrix Keanu is fresh air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom