• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the most popular Resident Evil protagonist among fans?

higemaru

Leon in the RE4 jacket and Jill in her RE3 getup are probably the most iconic overall. I'd probably say that Leon is a little more popular overall because everyone and their mother loves Resident Evil 2 & 4, especially the latter.

Lux R7

Leon because RE4 is the GOAT

3e4e7c7a33176bbf0bfb181ca04ec78d.gif

Leon. He's the star of two of the top 3 games in the series, and the one with the most personality. Plus he's sexy.

Jill would be next, because Waifu/iconic looks/star of one of the top 3 games in the series

Chris is just kinda boring outside his muscles

What is a Leon?

What would Resident Evil be without miss Jill Valentine and her beefy trusty sexually confused sidekick Chris Redfield. Could Leona carry the franchise alone? Could Leon perform a cartwheel kick or be the master of unlocking all our hearts? HA! "You can't be serious!" /Excella.

Nuke Soda

Based on cosplay and such I would say Jill is probably the most popular or Steve Burnside of course, the fans sure love that dude.

RK9039

What is a Leon?

What would Resident Evil be without miss Jill Valentine and her beefy trusty sexually confused sidekick Chris Redfield. Could Leona carry the franchise alone? Could Leon perform a cartwheel kick or be the master of unlocking all our hearts? HA! "You can't be serious!" /Excella.

Leon is the President's best mate. Jill didn't even appear in Resident 6 which had like 50 playable characters.

Nottle

I'd say Leon, he starred in the the series high points, Re2 and 4.

Chris and Jill are cool too, hope they can be a team in a game again.

Gren

I'd say it's most likely Leon, due to the fact that he was the sole hero of one of their most popular entries, as well as having two CG movies (that are canon?) starring him.

Jill is this fan's fave, tho'.

Genio88

For me Leon, cause i didn't play the first RE at that time, i started from RE2, and RE4 was my favorite one and i played it more than any other game in the serie

Nottle

Honestly, they're all pretty bland.
Something about how sort of nothing they are I sort of like. None of them have any meaningful personal stories, they are just ridiculously competent at killing zombies. Coupled with the fact that Leon was just a bad ass day 1 on the police force and how he is best buds with the president is pretty cool. In Chris's backstory he is pretty high ranked in like 3 different branches of US armed forces by age like 25. And he punches boulders.

I think watching the Two best friends play these games has sort of really like how dumb the characters are.

KJRS_1993

For me, Jill and then Chris.
Leon's par game is far too weak for him to make the top notch.
"Rain or shine, you're going down!" Eurgh!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What can get weird is how some people view it.

You could say Alice for some who have only seen the films. I don't think about Alice a lot even though I've seen the films. She sorta introduces people to everyone and the plot follows her specifically.

Leon sure is recognizable. Leon is the staple character just because of RE4. Jill really peaked for RE3. I think Claire and Chris are more for fans because people don't necessarily know their personalities.

I grew around the series, so everyone feels at home outside of cast members specifically designed for that entry.

Chris is a great character, but he's the big brother.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Jill, Leon, Chris, Ada.

The order though... everyone has their favorites. There's no consensus. I like Valentine.

I think Jill is the mascot, Leon is the main fan favourite and Claire is probably close behind. I'm not sure where chris ranks because I hardly hear people get excited to hear he's in the game other than re5 reveal.

Top Bottom