• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who isn't getting a next gen console?

Are you getting a next gen console?

• want one ASAP. couldn't pre order. waiting for stock

Votes: 43 23.1%
  • waiting for price drop/hardware revision/more games

Votes: 100 53.8%
  • no interest in buying a console

Votes: 43 23.1%

• Total voters

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i had ordered a ps5/xsx. got my series x but it died so returning it and have also cancelled my PS5 order. i guess i just can't be bothered dealing with new hardware issues and also i don't feel there are enough games just yet. only true next gen exclusive i was gonna play was Demons Souls. On PS5 the only other game I want to play is Horizon Forbidden West. On Xbox there are more games I want to play but they don't seem to be coming any time soon. Closest would probably be Halo. i'll probably wait until there is a Slim/Pro revision in a few years and jump in then when there are more games.

so what about you?

I need some more exclusives before I can justify purchasing a PS5 which currently only has Demon Souls for me.
Going to wait for GoW and Horizon 2. Hopefully the launch-software issues are ironed out until then, too, and features like VRR are patched in.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not specially interested in Demon's Remake as I already played the original, and the rest of the games don't appeal to me.

I'll wait: if more exclusives come out and games run at stable 60fps I might buy one. If not, I'll build a new PC.

3liteDragon

got my series x but it died so returning it and have also cancelled my PS5 order. i guess i just can't be bothered dealing with new hardware issues
Was planning on pre-ordering PS5 first right when pre-orders opened up, but decided to wait until early next year to get one instead. And it was because of the hardware issues you mentioned, so I’m waiting it out at this point until everything’s fixed.

Barakov

I want them both but they're out of stock everywhere. Seems like that it's a good thing though given some of the issues people are having. When I buy them, I'm definitely getting an extended warranty for both.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Since I failed to get an Xbox and that "new goodie" feeling has worn off think I'm good sticking to PC. Watching all the side by sides and screen tearing really didn't help much.

I had a Series X pre-order but I cancelled it. There's nothing to justify upgrading from my One X at the minute. Early adopting doesn't make a lot of sense in general. Hardly any games and hardware issues.

Orta

Banned
Will wait a few years until the PS5 has at least half a dozen exclusive AAA games before buying one. That and the storage situation, 800gb is pathetic, needs to be sorted in future too. I'm hoping VR (Astrobot especially) will also get decent support.

As for MS, if they contunue to invest in BC and all of my games are compatible I'll get a SX when the price drops further down the line. No need for one otherwise rather than retiring my OG and 360.

But I'm in no hurry tbh, as far as consoles go I'm far more interested in what Nintendo does next and third party content should be better on my pc than the PS5/SX anyway.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
You did the right thing. If PS5 was launching with GOW2 or a new Uncharted with fully fledged next gen tech then yeah maybe I'd want to get it day 1. Plus yeah, there are wayyyyy too many issues with the console right now, probably due to rushed production beccause of Covid.

I'll upgrade my One X to Series X at some point down the line. I reckon my current setup has a year or two left in it TBH.

Not bothering with PS5 after having a PS4 and never really using it.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I'm fine with my gaming PC at least until 2022. Hopefully DDR5 boards are available by then. I would like to get a PS5 to play exclusive games but most of all if PSVR2 is announced.

My most expected games are cross gen for now (system shock remake - system shock 3 - cyberpunk 2077 - vampire 2) so I don't care about next gen.

Last edited:
I only got a PS4 earlier this years and have tons of games to go through. I'll wait for a PS5 slim to come out and its library to build up. Won't buy a next gen console until at least 2023.

Kdad

I'll jump into PS5 when I know the initial hardware 'issues' are ironed out...i've dealt with launch issues before and just don't want to right now.

In the mean time...i'd like a PS4 that isn't so expensive...where the hell is the price drop?

Sakura

Visually the games aren't particularly impressive, so I'm waiting until there are some games I really want to play. Could be a while though.

Gandih42

I'm on the lookout to snag a PS5 if I get the chance. I'd love to spend my Christmas holiday going through DeS and Miles Morales and enjoying my PS4 backlog at 60 FPS. Although at the moment all my gaming consists of just a few hours of Xenoblade Chronicles on the Switch on weekends. So I don't really need a PS5 right now, and the logical choice would be to wait for later revisions.

But meh, I'm fortunate enough that the price doesn't matter too much. Could do with treating myself at the end of this year.

ShadowNate

I am not really interested in buying a new console as of yet, and my budget certainly does not justify it.
I could start saving up, but I only like less than a handful of the new titles and I am not fond of the design of either one of the two (Xbox SS, SX, PS5).

I am more open to buying one of the controllers though, if they get proper drivers for the PC.

TheContact

the last consoles i bought day1 was the ps3 and the 360. i don't miss dealing with the stress of spamming f5 or racing to stores to get consoles on day1 anymore. if i didn't do most of my gaming on PC i would absolutely be lining up though

I may buy one in the future once the Series X has lost some weight but as of now, got no plans as recently upgraded my PC.

Last edited:

T-Cake

If there isn't a 20th Anniversary Xbox Series X|S next year, I'll eat my hat. I would very much like to wait until they become available.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Waiting.

I don't want a Coil Whine 5, or a No Games X until they actually impress me.
I want a PS5 but if coil whine remains a thing I'll never buy one. I can't handle that sound. I'm hoping a revision deals with it.

Dr.D00p

Me.

I have an aversion to paying $500 for something that's just a one trick pony, sitting under my TV gathering dust, in between the few releases I'd be interested in over the course of a consoles lifetime.

Not the slightest bit interested in the multiplayer side of things either. I'd much rather spend the money saved on not buying a console and its ridiculously over priced games, on upgrading my PC which does so much more for me than just playing games.

Guilty_AI

So far tending to build a new PC rather than getting a new console, nothing in them that really attracts me.
And regardless, wont be upgrading any time soon, its usually not worth it during the initial stages of the gen. Better wait an year or two.

Alan Wake

The lack of games made it easy to wait. I will get both, though, I just don't know yet which one I'll buy first. Right now I think PS5 is a little more exciting, it seems Sony have finally nailed it with the controller.

Griffon

All of my upgrade money will go to a new PC, when the time comes.

Console games are way too expensive and paying subscriptions for online P2P is still the biggest holdup of all.

Last edited:

Graciaus

No interest. Upgrading my pc when you can actually buy the new parts. Can play Xbox, switch, and most 3rd party games that consoles get.

Sybrix

I have a high end gaming PC, recently upgraded my MOBO, CPU, RAM etc, still currently rocking a GTX 1080, was awaiting the RTX 3000 cards, will probably get one next year, either 3070 or 80, once i get that my PC will be future proof for the next 5-10 years easily.

PC Spec:

Monitor: AOC CU34G2X/BK 34" 3440X1440 VA 144HZ
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
RAM: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: GTX 1080
Power Supply: CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES
M.2 SSD: 500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA

Me getting an Xbox would be a complete waste of money as i have a PC

Will keep my PS4 for now, the only thing that would make me get a PS5 is if GTA VI comes out on console before PC

Last edited:

Domisto

I expect to get a PS5 around the end of next year. Should be long enough to sort out hardware, patches and get a good catalogue going.

Denton

I have a Pro on which I finished about 15 games but for about 2 years of the three I own it, it has served as a dust collector. I will probably get PS5 once enough games accumulate, but...it is kinda stupid buying this rendundant unnecessary hardware when it spends most of its time unused.

Certinty

Got my XSX and my PS5 is coming on Thursday.

Honestly, I don't really game much so I could have easily used my Pro and XOX for a few more years but I knew eventually I would buy both new consoles anyway, so why not at launch? The price decrease down the line won't even be big.

Nocturno999

PC is just way too ahead of them. A 3080 makes a lot more sense than console + online + peripherals/games.
I'll stick with Switch and PC and may try a PS5 hardware revision.

Last edited:

MomoVideo

Banned
I got a gaming laptop that satisfies all my gaming needs. At this point, I see no reason to buy a gaming console because my laptop can run everything released up to this point.

Lukin1978

Waiting on more ps5 games to come out i bought a series s as a gamepass box to get me through the next year or so.

Top Bottom