• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who wants to place bets on when/if Garfield will get a positive review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Eh, shit like this always gets at least one good review. It's usually from some podunk paper that's either looking for free advertising in a movie ad, someone's who's been greased enough by the studio, or just general idiocy coupled with an affinity for generic "family" movies like this one will inevitably be.

But I'm not jaded. Really.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Wolfy said:
I'm going to see this movie. I love cats.

I have a cat.

cats are awesome. i have 3 cats. but i don't think i can handle watching a fat CGI cat and a real dog dancing to a black eyed peas song in a dancing sequence.

oh who am i kidding - i know i'll end up seeing this movie eventually :p

Wolfy

Banned
I like the occasional piece of greasy fast food, doesn't mean I saw Goodburger.

I really like cats. I saw Goodburger too. I like burgers. In fact, I had one tonight. It's combatting my workouts but oh well.

As a kid's movie this looks decent. As a movie based on the Garfield license it looks like shit. I don't think it will be that bad for a kid's movie if you ignore that it is supposed to be Garfield.

shoplifter

BoboBrazil said:
garfield75b

GOGGLES

NOTHING

MoxManiac

Oh god, that's what Garfield looks like in the movie? What the fuck? If I was a child going to see this i'd have nightmares afterwards for years.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
moxmaniac : i think he's compressed against a window

either way - he looks pretty scary
especially on the movie poster where he looks like a conehead

ohamsie

I heard Odie wasn't even in this, is this true?

I'm laughing at the idea that Odie has too much dignity to take part in this movie. They shoud incorporate THAT into the comic strip.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
shoplifter said:
Jim Davis should be ashamed that he's let Garfield sink as far as it has over the last 15 years.

I'm not sure how to react to this since Davis has always and always will suck, but he should indeed be ashamed.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
shoplifter said:
OK, yes he does suck and always has. But comparing VERY old-school Garfield to today's shit....

Point taken...though we can't ever have expected honor, decency or taste from the man.

Matlock

Banned
Davis is living proof that yes, you can sell out completely. Garfield has become a laugh a day for the obese and petty who think "hey, that cat does what I'd do, if I could get out of bed."

We've far passed the glory days of comic strips (the 80's), and there's just not much out there that can replace it. Out of the newer load of 'em, there's approximately three that show a lot of promise.

1. Foxtrot connects directly to geek culture, a plus. Hopefully it doesn't go the Dilbert route and become too cynical for its own good.
2. Pooch Cafe makes talking animals funny. Sure, there's no real point, but at least it's not Garfield.
3. Zits. Teenagers are always funny! ALWAYS! Well, maybe not, but eh.

This is why I hug my Complete Far Side at night, guys. This is exactly why.

belgurdo

Banned
Didn't Bill Watterson goof on him once for making such bland stuff?

And what the hell happened to US Acres? That at least hit the "funny" average more times than Garfield.

maharg

idspispopd
Matlock said:
Davis is living proof that yes, you can sell out completely. Garfield has become a laugh a day for the obese and petty who think "hey, that cat does what I'd do, if I could get out of bed."

We've far passed the glory days of comic strips (the 80's), and there's just not much out there that can replace it. Out of the newer load of 'em, there's approximately three that show a lot of promise.

1. Foxtrot connects directly to geek culture, a plus. Hopefully it doesn't go the Dilbert route and become too cynical for its own good.
2. Pooch Cafe makes talking animals funny. Sure, there's no real point, but at least it's not Garfield.
3. Zits. Teenagers are always funny! ALWAYS! Well, maybe not, but eh.

This is why I hug my Complete Far Side at night, guys. This is exactly why.

Just so you know, Fox Trot is not even close to new. It's 16 years old.

Dead

well not really...yet
Please tell me my eyes have failed me....

...did someone in this thread insult Good Burger?

a modern masterpiece of filmmaking if ever there was one

goodburger.jpg

respect.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Bill Murray will save this movie.

What have they done to odie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom