• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was the worst video game character of 2014?

Huddy

I couldn't decide between these three.

300px-The_Mask.jpg

Dude are you serious? Tell me!

tumblr_nbu4iaBDIT1tt3wuco2_250.gif

Who the hell are you?

Xur_Agent_of_the_Nine.png

Fuck you Xur.

Zubz

Banned
I'm in the "Came to say Pierce, leaving saying Baldwin" camp. However, Baby Rosalina & Pink Gold Peach are honorable mentions; I was really expecting we'd get interesting newcomers like K. Rool or Mona this time around, not lose mainstays like Birdo and Dry Bones for these trite clone characters. Same to the Big Red Button staff for Sonic Boom, and Sega for not killing that game immediately.

Crash.

He was in threads way too many.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g0qpUIYD1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Seriously, I'd say it was justified almost every time he was brought up.

Either Hibari or Minori from Senran Kagura SV. They're both childish, irritating wastes of space with single digit IQs. Appropriately enough, Minori is generally recognised as the worst character to play as.

There are probably worse characters out there, but from the games I played
tumblr_static_angry.png

Chiaki Nanami, Danganronpa 2.

Nigh unbearable. I could not stand a single thing about her character.
ks3FwPL.png

You're a disgrace to your avatar. Chiaki was the best video game character of 2014. Well, either her or Celeste.

SystemUser

The Speaker in Destiny. In the first cutscene he says "Oh the stories I could tell you." He then basically tells you to F off and never tells you anything about the game again.

In other words he knows the missing plot of Destiny and is being a huge dick and not telling anyone.

The_speaker1.jpg

Also why is he just another vendor? It would be like playing Battlefield/CoD and having Barrack Obama selling you upgrades for you weapons. This character seems like a fail in so many ways.

Steel

Banned
The Speaker in Destiny. In the first cutscene he says "Oh the stories I could tell you." He then basically tells you to F off and never tells you anything about the game again.

In other words he knows the missing plot of Destiny and is being a huge dick and not telling anyone.

The_speaker1.jpg

This is undoubtedly the answer. Aiden was a boring as hell character, but the speaker, with his very few lines, makes you feel like ramming a stake into your skull.

I will make sure to avoid Danganronpa then :p

The majority of the cast in both Daganronpa games(which both came out this year) is pretty good, there's just one or two characters that make you want to ram your head into a wall in each one.

L33TF0X

Banned
NgU1lTJ.png

Dumb. Miracles. Bitch. (Licia of Lindelt, Dark Souls 2)

Ok, she isn't bad as a vendor, she sells good miracles and at a ok price,
buuuuuuuuut.......
To get to Huntsman's Corpse, she says she need you to pay her 2000 souls to offer to God for a miracle to move a rotating passage, (which is currently leading to Heide's Tower of Flame) and while you pray, and steals the souls off you, she presses a button on a pillar. No miracles at all.
And if you kill her, you can just go ahead and press the button.
Screw you for stealing my souls. Worst merchant ever.

Don't get all the Sera hate either. The moment I got her she's never left my party. Hilarious banter, and probably the second strongest member once she got the Tempest upgrade.

On topic, for me it's a tie between Amita and Sabal in FC4. Seriously, these two basically attempt to out-asshole each other throughout the game. Really wish it was possible to kill 'em both right from the start and just do all the rest of the game myself.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
From some Googling Adam Baldwin is a Gamergate reference. Glad I don't follow that crap. Not sure what side he is on nor do I care. There should be a Gamergate filter here.

There is, its called the OT. Dont know why you had to tell us how much you dont care though.

Lijik

ive already posted this image on gaf multiple times in 2014 and ill do it one more time before this year ends
tumblr_inline_nb4pf4AcXS1r25ej3.png

fuck this dude and fuck his iconic cap

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Aiden Pearce is infuriatingly bad, and I consider myself somewhat lenient with video game characters in general. I beat WD and that aspect doesn't get better, his character and the way he's treated by the narrative continue to be absurd to the very end. Campster hits the nail on the head, I also thought the video was cathartic back when I watched it.

What a truly nonsensical fuckbag. I can't think of anyone worse who wasn't some secondary character.

They actually thought this guy could carry the whole game? A silent protagonist who flipped coins to make his decisions would have been a better fit.

Just bad. Recklessly bad. Boringly uberbad.

Top Bottom