• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will you look forward to the most for this year’s E3 ?

Which conference will you look forward to the most this E3 ?

• Total voters

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Despite not using my Xbox one anymore, I am hoping that they have a good conference.

Nintendo I’m looking forward to aswell. Should have some RPG announcements.

Rayderism

I was never really interested in E3. They always spent most of the time talking about games I didn't care about. I just read the highlights on the net later.

GenericUser

Certainly Microsoft, although I probably won't buy any product they will show, I always get excited for new tech. I want to see how powerful next gen will be.

Kadayi

Banned
Cyberpunk 2077. Not too fussy about another trailer or long demo (they sold me on the first one), but I'd like to see a bit more of the different district environments, as well as hopefully a definitive release date.

thelastword

Banned
No Sony, so this E3 will be pretty tame, so I guess we're back to watching trailers for a bunch of mulitplats at MS's conference and some more Gears POP........Still, I will watch the MS show to see what the new studios are working on if anything.......They said this will be their biggest E3, so there's lots of hype from them from the time Sony said they were exiting, so lets see if they deliver...and I'm not talking in X018 fashion....>So yes, we'll see....

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I want to say Microsoft because I think that's where CD Projekt RED will show off Cyberpunk 2077 again. also while i am a playstation owner i am interested in hearing about whatever Microsoft are up to.

after that probably Nintendo.

Psykodad

Banned
No Sony, no reason to watch. At least, not at 3 am in the EU.

I'll see what big announcements pop up on neogaf when I wake up.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Cyberpunk 2077. Not too fussy about another trailer or long demo (they sold me on the first one), but I'd like to see a bit more of the different district environments, as well as hopefully a definitive release date.
i probably won't be able to stop myself watching any new footage but really i just want a release date. i want to go into this game as blind as possible now.

No Sony, so this E3 will be pretty tame, so I guess we're back to watching trailers for a bunch of mulitplats at MS's conference and some more Gears POP........Still, I will watch the MS show to see what the new studios are working on if anything.......They said this will be their biggest E3, so there's lots of hype from them from the time Sony said they were exiting, so lets see if they deliver...and I'm not talking in X018 fashion....>So yes, we'll see....
Sony tame? How about non-existent. Gears Pop? Don't act like you know that's all they will show. Gears 5 is dropping and will smoke anything PS. Hell, even Naughty Dogg has said that they envy and copy gears. Know your place, boy.

CyberPanda

Banned
Sony tame? How about non-existent. Gears Pop? Don't act like you know that's all they will show. Gears 5 is dropping and will smoke anything PS. Hell, even Naughty Dogg has said that they envy and copy gears. Know your place, boy.
It's lost word. What do you expect? :lollipop_astonished:

taihenner

Neo Member
It is about time they just announced (Microsoft & Sony) new consoles already so that. More interested in seeing how Nintendo is going to keep up to speed this time around.

Last edited:

EDMIX

" Gears 5 is dropping and will smoke anything PS" Unlikely. I'm sure it will do well for MS, but we are talking about the 5th Gears Of War.......if it hasn't smoked Uncharted yet in sales, its never going to happen. The fact that 3 Uncharted games combined outsold 4 Gears Of War tells you most of what you need to know.

Its not a bad series, just doubtful that anyone is really scared of a IP that never even outsold many PS series....

So we know Gears 5 exist, but its already sorta been proven the IP isn't going to really be bringing in anyone new to really fear or look out for. So they have Gears 5 sorta like MS had Gears 4, 3 etc. None of those magically overtook many PS IP, so I'm sure Naughty Dog respects the team and their work, but I don't think anyone at that team thinks anything they make will smoke them. Uncharted series combined has like double the sales and less entries and their new IP The Last Of Us might legit out do Gears series combined if you consider just 1 entry in its at 17 million units.

Before the 4th gears, the first 3 games combined is 19 million. So the team just doesn't really hold a candle to a team like Naughty Dog that can not only beat Gears in sales by more then double with less entries, but even crazier to do a new IP that even beats the whole Gears series. That is SCARY talented.

How many studios have we even seen just come out and make a single player that moves 17 million? So hope you enjoy Gears, its no knock to the series. Simply when you look at the numbers, its really hard to say any team would be shook or smoked by Gears, especially Naughty Dog.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/14/the-last-of-us-has-sold-over-17-million-copies

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/11/uncharted-series-passes-41-million-sales

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-series-sales-hit-19-million/1100-6399640/

EDMIX

It is about time they just announced (Microsoft & Sony) new consoles already so that. More interested in seeing how Nintendo is going to keep up to speed this time around.

I'm not sure they need to. They already make the weakest, get the least support etc. That is already known so I don't think its Nintendo's focus to directly compete with them as they did with Wii U and it just didn't work.

I truly do not believe they are seeking that market as the system being portable sorta shows they are not seeking such a market in the first place. Simply its good to get what they can get, not that they would alter hardware, make it more expensive, seek a home dedicated console etc to have it.

They can.

They very much choose not to and its a wise choice. The market has just moved on.

Daaaamn son, talk about mic drop 🤣😁
Boss status up in here 😂😂😂

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I liked what I saw of Gears 5 at last E3 too, large open area/water body etc, in essence I like the location and aesthetics.....but you seem to be perching it as high as you did all MS exclusives before it, and it's not like the character is traversing over these areas in gameplay like in Uncharted, it's just a cutscene.....I mean, I still prefer what I saw as opposed to Gears 4, but then, I'm not sure the last bit of gameplay I saw recently is going to make it that distinctive as you imagine.......It looks to be the same formula, with no tweaks, no new traversal system as such.........Yet, I get it, every game for MS is going to be the next best thing, it will smoke everything under the sun like scorched earth...I'm not sure if this is just wishful thinking after many disappointments from 5 ho-hum years.....I'm pretty sure it is tbh.....Yet, I don't know how you expect Gears to smoke everything in the year of LOU2, Dreams etc....That's alot of weight you're placing on The Coalition, such a heavy weight to bare........So I guess we shall see if Gears is even spoken about 3 weeks after release, farless making the cut as a GOTY candidate.....

Mr Hyde

I will probably watch Microsofts conference. Hoping for a big blowout and they usually show a good amount of multiplat games that comes to the PS4. I´m also curious about their next gen plans so it will be interesting to see if they reveal anything noteworthy. Might check out Nintendo but they usually have a Direct around E3 so might just catch that. E3 this year seems kinda lame to be honest.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It's weird, before I'd say I'm looking forward to the Sony conference, but since he's had a lot of wrong things, now my favorite is Nintendo, when years ago I did not expect anything from NIntendo.

Braldryr

Banned
Who knows, so few games get me super excited anymore that I'll just go in expecting nothing hoping something stands out.

There's Dino Crisis and Perfect Dark rumors so I'll keep an eye out.

Dino crisis and Perfect Dark Rumors? Do link please.

sublimit

Banned
Nintendo's Direct by far. I hope they show some new exclusive games (like Bayonetta 3 for example) and maybe some more gameplay from games they have shown at their February Direct like Astral Chain,Oninaki and Rune Factory 5.If they show something from Monolith Soft's next game would be also amazing.
I'm also curious of what SE will show.Would be nice if they show some gameplay from Babylon's Fall or/and studio Istolia's game.

I have very low expectations from MS's conference because as always when you hear a lot of big,empty words hyping up a show like that then the disappointment is pretty much guaranteed. Also (just like Sony in recent years) they have been playing very safely catering to the mainstream with safe,checkbox,me-too games that personally don't find interesting at all.

odd_hatch

Anyone remembers FFVII remake that was used to sell the PS4?

It just makes Sony's absence that much more of a punch in the gut.

Can't blame Sony though, something's up at Square-Enix.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Microsoft having a HUGE E3 makes too much sense, literally everything is in their ballpark (acquiring studies, high end capital, Sony MIA etc.) there’s too much sense for MS capitalizing off this opportunity at this years E3. That’s how I foresee E3 2019

Foxbat

Banned
" Gears 5 is dropping and will smoke anything PS" Unlikely. I'm sure it will do well for MS, but we are talking about the 5th Gears Of War.......if it hasn't smoked Uncharted yet in sales, its never going to happen. The fact that 3 Uncharted games combined outsold 4 Gears Of War tells you most of what you need to know.

Its not a bad series, just doubtful that anyone is really scared of a IP that never even outsold many PS series....

So we know Gears 5 exist, but its already sorta been proven the IP isn't going to really be bringing in anyone new to really fear or look out for. So they have Gears 5 sorta like MS had Gears 4, 3 etc. None of those magically overtook many PS IP, so I'm sure Naughty Dog respects the team and their work, but I don't think anyone at that team thinks anything they make will smoke them. Uncharted series combined has like double the sales and less entries and their new IP The Last Of Us might legit out do Gears series combined if you consider just 1 entry in its at 17 million units.

Before the 4th gears, the first 3 games combined is 19 million. So the team just doesn't really hold a candle to a team like Naughty Dog that can not only beat Gears in sales by more then double with less entries, but even crazier to do a new IP that even beats the whole Gears series. That is SCARY talented.

How many studios have we even seen just come out and make a single player that moves 17 million? So hope you enjoy Gears, its no knock to the series. Simply when you look at the numbers, its really hard to say any team would be shook or smoked by Gears, especially Naughty Dog.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/14/the-last-of-us-has-sold-over-17-million-copies

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/11/uncharted-series-passes-41-million-sales

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-series-sales-hit-19-million/1100-6399640/

While it looks like a lot of effort went into your reply, I don't think his post was about sales numbers. I could be wrong, but I didn't get that impression.

Pretty weird how you just went all in on the sales numbers.

Same old MisterXMedia forum attitude

Boy, know your place >>>> it's on Misterxmedia forum.

http://misterxmedia.com/forum/events

"Yeah buddy. Get those firm handshakes ;) hi MrX & Parasite!"

Say hello to them again. There is your place.

Last edited:

Norse

All of the above

I'm a gamer so it all interests me. I'm hoping we see and hear about 2X and updated Switches. I've held off buying a switch so far due to the rumors of new ones.

I think Sony may be holding off so they can see what MS shows hardware spec wise and try to top it at a Sony show later in the yr. IMO I prefer MS as most powerful as Sony exclusives sell enough ps systems to keep hardware sales even here in the US. Gaf is better when things are even.

Top Bottom