• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who would win? Chimpanzee vs. Martial Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's an angle I hadn't thought of. If you could manage to get into the water you might be able to drown it somehow.

Good luck getting the chimp to go into the water though.

Calamari41

41 > 38
A one hour old baby would have a better chance against the martial arts master than the martial arts master would have against the chimp.

So yeah, I think he's a joke all around :)
I've been training aikido for over 10 years and have been to japan for dedicated training a handful of times, many of those training under Isoyama sensei, the guy who taught Steven Seagal. He had this to say about him:

*Note: Isoyama Sensei is known for being notoriously cruel during training so often it would be wise go along somewhat when he was presenting techniques and stuff

'During a nikkyo[wrist pressure technique which you apply until opponent claps out] I had gotten him[Steven] down on the ground clapping and I stopped and looked him straight into the eyes and said You're a lousy actor!, and did the nikkyo with full force on him!

So yeah he's a big joke even in the world of aikido.

flippedb

Banned
Do chimps swim? I noticed in this video and the other the chimps won't go in the water. If so, your best chance is to head for water. Unless you can't swim yourself, then you're fucked.

They can't because they have little to no fat in their bodies. Fat makes you float, but they have a horrible time floating because of the amount of muscle and, I guess to some extent, their high bone density.

A chimp would lose to that, or even to a lighter predator such as a leopard in most scenarios.

Something that got me about the raptor though are those gangly arms. I know with the claws they'll rip through skin, but do they have that much arm strength?

Do any similar sized theropods have strong arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom