• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who would win in a fight. Cougar vs Pitbull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An average adult male size Cougar versus and average adult male size Pitbull. Who would win, the cougar has a size advantage, but the Pitbull is a Pitbull.

I say it is a tossup.

Jeff-DSA

The pit definitely has the bite power advantage, but a cougar swipe could mess up the pit's face pretty bad. There are cougars in this area and I've seen them while hiking. I don't know if the pit could get in close enough to bite. The cougar would probably just bat it around and claw the crap out of it.

Yamaha98

The Cougar (or Mountain Lion is some parts of the country) would kill the dog rather easily, no doubt. This is the same mammal that also stands up to 1200lb grizzly bears that are nearing a cougar cub.

Cougar in a blowout. It's bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, and could probably kill the dog just by swatting it. Cougar's actually have a bite power advantage too - but they just don't "clamp" like pitbulls. A Cougar can kill a 200 pound deer and leap 10 feet vertical with it in its mouth.

I need to dig up the youtube of a cougar killing a rattlesnake... he just dances around its bites and slowly beats it to death with quick jabs.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I need to dig up the youtube of a cougar killing a rattlesnake... he just dances around its bites and slowly beats it to death with quick jabs.

that sounds awesome. find it please.

Father_Mike said:
that sounds awesome. find it please.

Oh, it is. It may not have been youtube though... but I know I've seen the video. It's utterly amazing how quick the cat is.

There are really no mammals that are stronger and more deadly pound for pound than felines. Though people kind of tend to underestimate them because kitty at home is 8 pounds.

Hmm, well I did find a vid of a cougar mom defending her cub from a gigantic bear... though if they REALLY fought that bear would utterly smash the cat (if she stood her ground... she could just grab the kid and run). That bear probably weighs at least three times as much as the cougar :lol

However, Siberian Tigers are actually known to feed on brown and black bears. They can also kill full grown wolves with one paw swipe.

Zaptruder

Banned
So who would win in a fight?

A hippo or an elephant?

A cougar or a puma

A puma or a jaguar

A lion or a gorilla

A grizzly bear or a man in a 'bear suit' with brass knuckles?

Zaptruder said:
So who would win in a fight?

A hippo or an elephant?

A cougar or a puma

A puma or a jaguar

A lion or a gorilla

A grizzly bear or a man in a 'bear suit' with brass knuckles?

Cougar and Puma are the same thing.

A jaguar would beat a cougar.

Lion vs. Gorilla would be a fun matchup, though it would be more fair if it were a Tiger.

Socreges

Banned
Sean said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1libdOkGcg

****in' awesome. The snake got owned and then was just left in the middle of the road to rot :lol
So cool.

The best part is seeing how similar it is to my cat (all cats). Yeah, it's given that they're closely related and will share characteristics, but it's still interesting to witness. My cat, when she plays, is just a smaller version of that Bobcat. The way she holds her paw up and quickly swats, or the reflexive jump up and backwards. The Bobcat doesn't have the fur stand on end, though.

Pimpbaa

My Arms Your Hearse said:
And then there is always this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FahfsKOhMzE

(though some Siberian Tigers have weighed in at that much and more - just rarely - and there are bigger examples of Ligers...)

Looks like it's almost as big as a cow. I love how "tamed" wild cats almost have the same behaviours as house cats. Only difference is that a house cat can't do much damage when it gets pissed off :lol

Those Ligers are something else. They're right to point out the width and massiveness of the skull structure; could you imagine the bite those things would produce?

What an amazing animal. Wow.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
131735.jpeg

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
The cougar would **** a pitbull up big time. They are super fast and bite with surgical precision. A couple of them lived around in an area where I used to ride dirt bikes and once in a while you'd come accross them or find their tracks where you just were so you know they were around there keeping an eye on you. If you catch them in broad daylight they just run off though.

If you want to see a ballsy fuvking animal look into wolverines. I think they are cute but they are so cocky and fearless bears don't even like to mess with them. Here's a kinda cute video of younger one that was following a hiker looking for free food.

-jinx- said:
All I know is that if Komodo dragons could fly...we'd all be ****ed.

Hell yeah. Some of the most formidable reptilian carnivores around, they are. The scary part is that even if a dragon doesn't kill you with its initial strike, then the bacteria from their septic gums and mouths will do you in.

Ever see a couple of dragons settle an argument? It's pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOF4YPdYELg

And check out this dragon swallowing a pig whole: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cY6IbE93A

EDIT: You, uh, jinxed it, jinx. Now we're ****ed.

143531WcEB_w.jpg

It's technically a purr, just a really loud one. Cougars are considered small cats.

I don't see how you can consider them a small cat, when they are bigger than some members of Panthera. Cougars are the 4th largest cat after the Jaguar.

Petrarca

Banned
Cougar VS Pitbull

Cougar: agility, power, speed
Pitbull: aggresiveness, bark sound

fight for survival will go to the cougar. but if there's an escape, I think Cougar would rather escape, but if the cougar is hungry.....that's a different story

IMHO, land predatory rank is like this

1. Polar Bear or Kodiak Bear
2 tie. Siberian Tiger or Grizzly Bear
3. Gorilla
3. African Lion
4. Jaguar
5. Bengal Tiger
6. Wolverine
7. Cougar
8. Wolf
9. Baboon
etc, etc....

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Petrarca said:
Cougar VS Pitbull

Cougar: agility, power, speed
Pitbull: aggresiveness, bark sound

fight for survival will go to the cougar. but if there's an escape, I think Cougar would rather escape, but if the cougar is hungry.....that's a different story

IMHO, land predatory rank is like this

1. Polar Bear or Kodiak Bear
2 tie. Siberian Tiger or Grizzly Bear
3. Gorilla
3. African Lion
4. Jaguar
5. Bengal Tiger
6. Wolverine
7. Cougar
8. Wolf
9. Baboon
etc, etc....

Dude, what about Ligers?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I'd love to see a Silverback Gorilla **** something up...

ahhaha, this topic cracks me up....all I want to see is some animal versus some human...not really animals vs animals...so maybe

ron geremy vs honey badger (heard they go for the balls)

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom