• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's your favorite Belmont in the Castlevania series?

Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg

This guy right here

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Updated the OP to add Victor. I won't add Sonia or Jonathon, because this is strictly for canon, mainline members of the Belmont clan. And it won't stop people from choosing them, anyway.

Jamix012

Updated the OP to add Victor. I won't add Sonia or Jonathon, because this is strictly for canon, mainline members of the Belmont clan. And it won't stop people from choosing them, anyway.

That's a little unfair, given that you've already gone into two seperate canons.

kunonabi

Than why include the shitty LoS characters? If were going by IGA's canon than they aren't worth including either.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's a little unfair, given that you've already gone into two seperate canons.

Than why include the shitty LoS characters? If were going by IGA's canon than they aren't worth including either.

They're still canons, though. I'm not going by Iga's canon, but by franchise canon. Sonia was clearly retconned out of her existing canon and thus no longer exists in that universe. I guess I can add her under her own section, but she's a non-factor in the series' timelines, just like the Igaverse version of Victor.

Lernaean

Banned
I have a man crush for Simon ever since i was a kid, so i'll with that.
Oh, and that MercurySteam redesign must die in a fire.

Second fave player character is Shanoa though.

Julius is by far my favorite (and my second favorite character in the series behind Alucard), with Richter and Trevor behind him.

I mean seriously. We're talking about the guy that not only beat Dracula for good, he kicked his ass so thoroughly, he reincarnated as a good guy.

Was it ever explained how the Belmont clan got resurrected?

Like the Morris had some of their blood and what not and the Ecclesia cult thingy?

I don't think the Belmont clan ever stopped existing, I imagine they just generally layed low since they weren't allowed to use the Vampire Killer 'til '99.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Leapord print Julius

Juliusbelmont.jpg

Julius_HD.png

Dawn of Sorrow Julius lacks that important feature, so he's lame.

Beth Cyra

Oh yeah right, that's what it was. What was the reason for that again though?
Something happens with Richter.

Its speculated that because of being controlled Belmont's lost the right to use Vampire Killer but im not sure if it was ever confirmed in canon the exact reason.

SkyOdin

Oh yeah right, that's what it was. What was the reason for that again though?

I think it was going to explained in the cancelled Dreamcast game that was going to have Sonia Belmont appear in it. Currently, it isn't actually explained in any of the Castlevania games.

Anyways, the canon of the Castlevania games is a complete mess, so I wouldn't put much stock in it. Iga's canon actually retconned which century the original Castlevania took place in, so it wasn't really built on a solid foundation. It also seems rather arbitrary (and potentially petty).

In any case, I am a fan of the original: Simon Belmont. To be honest, I have been somewhat soured on Richter thanks to how often he showed up in some of the more modern Castlevanias, such as the choice to have him be the biggest Belmont cameo in Portrait of Ruin.

Gabriel Belmont grew on me across Lords of Shadow, too. I haven't played LoS2 yet, though, so it is possible that the character could be ruined for me as well.

Sgblues

While it hasn't gone into too much detail in the games, the Belmonts had been forbidden to use the vampire killer till Dracula's natural 100 year rebirth cycle so till then it was passed on to other distantly related groups to handle any of Drac's early resurrections by his minions, the last of which was dealt with by Johnathan Morris in Portrait of Ruin before it was passed back to a young Julius Belmont to fight in the Demon Castle wars of 1999.

Its speculated that Julius might train an apprentice after Dawn of Sorrow in case
Soma might lose control or if another incarnation of Dracula appears, till then he would try to rebuild the Belmont clan and have a child to have the whip passed onto them one day.

You forgot Grant Danasty, Trevor's first ally.

My favorite is Trevor, followed by Richter.

Non-belmont is easily Alucard. Has so many appearances in the series.

Top Bottom