• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are you not playing Resident Evil 4 right now?

MMaRsu

Banned
And if so, why are you denying yourself to play through one of the best Action/Horror games ever made? Did people not play this classic, or have they forgotten about how good it actually is?

Not only does the game hold up, the remake is top notch at rebuilding the game from the ground up and is still an instant classic.

FseNSJRaUAM-nDk

FseNSI1aAAA_9z6
FseNT9ZacAEzlHF

With a 93 ranking on Metacritic for the PS5 version, I can't help but wonder if people don't realize this is one of the greatest games ever made.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Returnal
Greedfall
Last of Us (came with my GPU)
Ys
Biomutant
Wasteland 3
New Humble hitting Tuesday
Still haven’t started Monster Hunter World
Haven’t finished RE Village

Like every other game I’m in no hurry. Playing some of my backlog games, and there’s never a need to drop $60-$70 on a game, when I’ve got a couple hundred others I’ve been wanting to play that cost far less.

Resident Evil 4 Remake isn’t going anywhere. It’ll be there when I’m ready.

killatopak

Gold Member
I do have it. Preordered the Deluxe edition even.

I really want to experience it the best way I can with proper headset or surround sound.

Have to take care of my infirm grandma. Monitor her all day until she’s asleep. I play in her room. I have to play with either no sound or just enough not to bother her. I can’t use headsets since I have to hear if she needs something or feeling something.

Best environment to play Elden Ring though. 100% calm. I would not want to shout with her around. She laughs when I fall down heights.

F31 Leopard

Not a "must play right now" for me. I played RE4 GameCube to death. I did everything you could do in that game. I did 20+ rounds of new game plus on hardest difficulty, unlocked everything that you could e.g. weapons, costumes etc, 5 🌟 every character in Mercenaries mode, maxed out all weapons. I also have RE4 original on Wii, PS4, Switch. I'm working on a massive backlog. I'll pick up REm4ke after a price drop or an eventual "gold" super ultra hyper edition comes out 🤣 Also Atelier Ryza 3 is more important.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm making use of the PSVR2 and also tapping away at Syphon Filter Dark Mirror. Busy the last while so prioritising my playtime. Slightly thinking of waiting for RE4 in VR. Village in VR2 is chef's kiss.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Because I got it and am in the "why those damns zombies don't die in 1 or 2 headshots in hardcore mode? It wasn't like that in my memories!" phase. Will try again now to see if it is still there.
Edit: it is.

It's one of my favorite games of all time (the original). But honestly the demo didn't sell me on it at all.
  • Demo: Controls felt off, but I'm sure you get used to it. I didn't like some of the graphical changes, but again, I'm sure it's fine when you play more.
  • I loved REmake 2. I bought REmake 3 day 1 and actually still haven't played it. Bought RE8 day 1 and still haven't played it. In the meantime, I think every RE game has dropped to $10 or so, so I'm just going to wait for a price cut on this one.
  • My backlog right now is morbidly obese, and I want to prioritize new games over remakes. If I played RE4 and Dead Space, I wouldn't have played Bayonetta 0 or Wanted: Dead. I'm happy with my choices.
I'll definitely play RE4 later this year, or next year when some time opens up.

I’m not willing to pay full price for games, I will only play one or two times. This has nothing to do with RE’s quality, it’s just the genre. I give that much of money only to sandbox or racing games, which I will play endlessly.

Will be buying RE4 for sure, but not before next christmas or so (a good time for good sales) for 15 to 20 Euros.

Mossybrew

Can't right now, I'm at work.

Have been playing through since my daughter bought it I figure why not. It has its moments, but the genre is not my favorite.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Sorry I just really didn't like the remake, I felt like it was trying to be anti fun compared the original.

So many systems changed to be worse without being added to, why make the knife break? Why add insane sway and remove laser sights? As a few examples.

I thought Dead Space did a much better job, as did Metriod Prime.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Because I suck at this game. It never clicked with me - I bought and played it on the Gamecube and never made it far. I re-bought it on the PlayStation 2 because I thought maybe the 'cube's funky controller might have been the issue. Nope, still kicks my ass constantly.

I bought the "HD" version again on PC because I thought mouse+keyboard might be the answer. Turns out, I just really suck at this game. I die constantly, I'm always running out of ammo and save ribbons, and just in general get frustrated with my lack of progression. I played through (and loved) the first game, 5, 6, and both Revelations games and didn't have this same problem.

So I decided against the new version after playing the demo and experiencing that same frustration even in the demo. I don't know if it's an issue with my reflexes in general, or if I'm just not understanding the mechanics of the game at all - but everyone says this is a masterpiece while I meanwhile just struggle and don't have fun with it.

Paltheos

Same as allot of other people. I already played it. I my case, I've bought it twice - the Gamecube original and the Wii port with motion controls - and I've beaten it at least as many times. I have no desire to revisit it.

Same as allot of other people. I already played it. I my case, I've bought it twice - the Gamecube original and the Wii port with motion controls - and I've beaten it at least as many times. I have no desire to revisit it.
I bought it on Gamecube, PS2, Wii, PS3, Switch. Seriously ....

Last edited:

Impotaku

Because I have a pile of games I recently bought that I want to play more. Already played the original on GameCube so I’m in no rush for this one but I will pick it up in a few months, will probably have halved in price by then.

Rambone

I played an hour or two of it but got distracted by other games like Shin Megami Tensei V that I've been playing non stop all week. I'm sure I'll get back to RE-RE-IV this weekend, we shall see.

Spyxos

I played it on the Wii and miss the aiming controls. I just liked that arcade aiming. I played the demo. I can wait until it's been heavily discounted.

Top Bottom