• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do people shit on chris pratt?

Umbasaborne

Banned
I’ve always liked him. He can be good in goofy roles and in dumb serious actiony roles. Is it because his church is some how tangentially related to a church that does conversion? Hes never struck me as a biggot so that seems like someone is reeaally reaching to paint him as one. Or is it because he said hes glad that his new borne was healthy, which the always ready to outrage twitter sphere took to mean “fuck my old family?” I dont get it, and i dont get why people are so mad about him being mario

Last edited:
Jealous, miserable people hate those who are successful with a positive message. Pratt is funny, uplifting, and above all else a normal person, which is rare in Pedowood.

I personally think the new Jurassic Park movies are universally garbage, but that's on the writers. As long as Seth Rogan isn't allowed to insert his weedbro bullshit into the script I think the new Mario movie will be entertaining.

Batiman

Banned
I don’t hate him and actually like him. He’s fun but he ain’t the greatest actor when he has to be serious. He also made that one stupid comment of how Hollywood doesn’t have blue collar American actors like him anymore or something along those lines. People also got upset he didn’t speak up for James Gunn if I’m remembering correctly. That I found a bit of a bitch move considering Gunns movie made him blow up

K' Dash

He left his wife and (handicapped) kid(s) the minute he became fit and bankable. Or so I've heard, won't bother to check.

If I gave a shit about all the drama, it would be this... but I have my own life and problems to care about stuff like this so I just enjoy his movies.

Dude portrays the same guy in everything he's in but I'm still not bored.

Also part of a church that does "pray away the gay", conservative, successful white male. there's plenty to hate for the extreme left.

Blade2.0

I like his acting but as a human being I believe he's really deep into a shitty Christian denomination that's pretty conspiracy heavy. He's basically Ted Nugent as a young actor.

Mistake

Dude portrays the same guy in everything he's in but I'm still not bored.
It’s the same with most wrestling actors. I can’t watch dwayne johnson at all. With Chris I don’t mind as much, but it would be nice to see him in slower paced movies with a better story

Batiman

Banned
He left his wife and (handicapped) kid(s) the minute he became fit and bankable. Or so I've heard, won't bother to check.
Forgot about this. He also posted a shitty tweet afterwards. Not sure how to take this but comes off super shady knowing your other child was born with a disability
FDXzwffWUAMjeZD

Pejo

Forgot about this. He also posted a shitty tweet afterwards. Not sure how to take this but comes off super shady knowing your other child was born with a disability
FDXzwffWUAMjeZD
So what should he have said? "Damn this healthy kid!" or "Eh, it's not as good as my disabled kid, but it'll do I guess".

Do you really think that this was meant as a dig towards his disabled child, or maybe he was just happy and making a post about it?

Batiman

Banned
So what should he have said? "Damn this healthy kid!" or "Eh, it's not as good as my disabled kid, but it'll do I guess".

Do you really think that this was meant as a dig towards his disabled child, or maybe he was just happy and making a post about it?
It’s just very tone deaf. I’m sure he didn’t mean that but it was just dumb as shit to word it that way. Especially after a such a recent breakup with Anna. I’m sure that as probably upsetting for her to read. Obviously people would get upset. I guess that’s were some hate comes from

No idea what he is like as a person, don't care. He's entertaining on and off the screen, that's what I like about it. Do I have to agree/approve of them personally or their beliefs to be entertained by them? Nah.

Having enough charisma to carry this card trick so long and then deliver...hella skills and entertaining.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Speaking as someone who is very liberal, and I don't mean to drag politics into this and am not trying to start some kind of conversation about it, but I've noticed that many of my fellow liberals dislike him because he's kind of a "golly gee whatever" Christian (very happy about and unapologetic about his faith), and divorced his wife.

Personally I don't give a shit about what any actor or other entertainer does in their private life outside of gruesome acts, so I don't care. But it's pretty obvious why so many people dislike him on social media these days. It's sad but true IMO.

Last edited:

GymWolf

It was great in parks and recreations but i hate him as starlord, he is just not funny and as an action star is pretty meh, it doesn't help that his name is related to the absolute dog shit that are the last jurassic movies.

FunkMiller

The church he belongs to is homophobic as fuck… but he appears to be a pretty solid dude. Not the greatest actor in the world, and part of the great Disney machine, but he seems pretty harmless to me. And his co stars all live him, so no issues with the chap myself.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

As if people are hating on him for leaving his wife because he was no longer in love with her. What would you rather him do? Stay with her purely for the sake of the child? You morons have a lot of growing up to do. In a situation like that, it's better for him to leave than to create a toxic environment where he and Farris are being forced to live together just to keep the kid happy.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I heard it was his wife was insecure about him going from being the less famous to A-list. Or it could be another reason who knows.

He seems like a golden retriever made human form. Who could hate that.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Has any of that actually been verified and proven? Without specific details, that seems like something that could easily be made up.
Yeah, it was back when he was with Anna Farris, they adopted the dogs under her name and she's now blacklisted, there's also the tweets from years back when he gave away his cat because it was old, and the interviews he's done where he talks about his love of hunting as it makes him feel closer to God as it shows the separation of Humans and Animals.

In general, don't really give a crap about his relationships, church, etc, but for me it's his views on animals and how cruddy he treats them.

As if people are hating on him for leaving his wife because he was no longer in love with her. What would you rather him do? Stay with her purely for the sake of the child? You morons have a lot of growing up to do. In a situation like that, it's better for him to leave than to create a toxic environment where he and Farris are being forced to live together just to keep the kid happy.
*Looks at name* 👀

Tams

It’s just very tone deaf. I’m sure he didn’t mean that but it was just dumb as shit to word it that way. Especially after a such a recent breakup with Anna. I’m sure that as probably upsetting for her to read. Obviously people would get upset. I guess that’s were some hate comes from
Who the fuck is Anna?! Not how, by why should we know?

You're too invested in this.

Batiman

Banned
Who the fuck is Anna?! Not how, by why should we know?

You're too invested in this.
Anna Faris the actress? His ex wife. I ain’t invested in this at all. I remember one thread being posted on the topic. That’s it lol.

UnNamed

Banned
He made very bad movies lately: Jurassic World, Tomorrow War.

But yeah, he's not that bad. Ryan Reynolds is worse imho, he's wasting his career in the last few years. The last movies he did, his characters have the same attitude.

Top Bottom