• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do some Switch owners, act like only Nintendo games matter?

Akira1983

Banned
I only buy Nintendo games on Nintendo systems, always been that way

See no need to support 3rd party on Nintendo systems when I can buy the game on my ps4

I’ll make exceptions like 3rd party exclusives such as octopath traveler

DonF

This is my case. I only care for exclusives on the switch. I also have a ps4 pro and a basic PC. I can get all other games in other platforms with better online, better performance and at lower prices. Even the portability aspect is minor for me, merely a plus for exclusives. But I prefer to play a game with better resolution or frame rate than on the go.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Because the best third party support and games are all on MS, Sony and PC. So the natural response is to defend the home ground.

Now if Switch (or their next system) suddenly got just as many good third party games as other platforms, suddenly all the R*, EA, Call of Duty, UBI games etc..... would suddenly be great and a good boost to the game library.

Nintendo dominated third party console devs during NES and SNES and everyone loved it. I don't remember any Nintendo gamers back then (including me) complaining about having awesome Konami and Capcom games while Genesis had worse ports, and SMS got zero ports.

Gamers seemed to love Mario, Zelda, but also EA Sports (when their white label sports games became a hit), along with all the awesome SE games, and any other third party games.

Last edited:

Ramzy

Some people act like only PC matters. Some people act like only mobile matters. It's not an unusual phenomenon.

One of the signs of a true enthusiast is someone who isn't content with the games on one platform and needs to seek out others. But most people are happy with just one system/platform.

People tend to do whatever they can to convince themselves that their purchasing decision was a good one. They project their insecurities and try really hard to convince others in order to fend off feelings of buyers regret. This isn't inherent to the Switch. Same goes for PS4 and X1. People are very self conscious about their purchasing decisions and act as though the console they bought represents them as a person.

GreatnessRD

Probably because Sony and Microsoft have some in the same crowd, too. They believe their console or PC experience only matters. Which will never make any sense to me whatsoever. Each console and PC have their own little things that make them unique, but they aren't the only thing that matters, heh.

Ten_Fold

I’m one of those mainly buy Nintendo systems for Zelda, Mario and once in a while Pokémon. My ps4 is used for basically everything else. I want to get more into PC gaming since I haven’t really brought any Sony exclusives this gen outside of bloodborne.

Jubenhimer

Because the best third party support and games are all on MS, Sony and PC. So the natural response is to defend the home ground.

Now if Switch (or their next system) suddenly got just as many good third party games as other platforms, suddenly all the R*, EA, Call of Duty, UBI games etc..... would suddenly be great and a good boost to the game library.

This is the problem though. When Nintendo gets good third party support, the rules start changing to some unobtainable standard to make a point. If you were ever hoping that a mobile device had identical support to the more powerful stationary consoles, then I'm not sure what you were expecting.

The Switch has third party support, plenty of it. It's not about whether its the same as the PS4 or Xbox One or not. The fact is, it's got plenty of reliable support from a variety of publishers who are putting some of their best titles on it no less.

If i was to get one it would be pretty much only for the Nintendo stuff... and the Sega stuff that they release only on that platform for some reason (probably visibility, because like the N64 it has a little number of games, with many pretty good ones apparently, so if your game is good it will sell gang buster on that platform, as it will get attention from the dedicated press).

TYRiAX

To me it's a pretty easy formula:

Switch is only console and/or primarily used in handheld/tabletop mode = User cares about all games
Switch is not only console and is primarily used in TV mode = User only cares about Nintendo games

Fake

What I dislike about 'some' (not all) Switch users is this:

Instead of being happy by the amount Switch games showed at Nintendo Direct, they feel happy by none of the games release on 3DS...

Enjay

Banned
Why you people ignore third party games like Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Bayonetta, Dragon Quest XI S and Oninaki? Last time I checked they quality third party games.
Because those games were just announced yesterday? And just announced and nothing more in Bayonetta's case.
I take this so called "kids game" over most of AAA western games.
W3u9gc2RmY_sJpHFQcadivJbpgoT3FqA.jpg
Oh.... a new game for you to attach your name to I see.
I'm guessing you are joking but if you really don't know then watch this trailer.

.....congratulations I'm already sick of this game. Can't wait to see how unpolished coop gameplay from platinum is.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Oh.... a new game for you to attach your name to I see.
Yeah, I’m super excited for this game....so what? I’m sorry you don’t care for it but it doesn’t change Nintendo has great third party support.

Top Bottom