• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do you think SEGA hasn't remastered JET SET RADIO FUTURE?

rackham

Banned
I like it more than the first game and they've been remastering every game they have so why not Future?

I was really hoping it would come to Vita after JSR came to Vita. It ran great too.

The one thing I was disappointed about with the PSN release was the lack of a platinum trophy. Just don't understand it.

The JSR remake probably didn't do well, also its probably a nightmare to re-license all the music. Damn shame since I never liked how the original played but I adore JSRF.

I get the feeling the JSR remaster was something of a flop saleswise
I seem to remember reading that it did not meet Sega's expectations. Can't find a solid source for it. If JSR HD sold more then any complications like music rights would have been easily ironed out.

mike6467

Because they hate me and want me to keep busting my ass finding working OG Xboxes. I finally finished the game on the third system I went through last year when the first two died for reasons I don't fully understand (aside from being ancient that is).

It'd be nice if we got a straight release playable on current consoles that simply played identically to the original. I don't really care if they shiny it up, but the 360 BC version is trash, so the only way you can really experience the game is on the OG Xbox (oddly enough the OG hasn't been successfully emulated, so that's not an option either).

low-G

Yeah Future >>>>> JSR, so extreme that Sega shouldn't base future sales on JSR, which got so many ports and is of poor quality.

Apathy

Any time a question comes up of why hasn't company x remastered game y, the answer is money reasons. If the cost to remaster it is much smaller than what they can expect to get back in sales they'd do it

JSR HD bombed as did the other Sega DC remasters. JSRF didn't sell that well on the original Xbox to begin with so obviously Sega don't see a financial return here. I still think Sega should have released JSRF on the PS2 where it would almost certainly fared better. That Sega exclusive Microsoft deal they did backfired so hard.

Loved it back in the day. Preferred the original JSR but JSRF was still a fantastic sequel.

Music for this thread.

WHAT?! Future is so fucking good. I bought an Xbox for it.

I got an Xbox for it too.

Luckily there were plenty of other, actually great games on it. JSRF turned this incipient franchise that was all about skillful, strategic, arcade-inspired score attack into some bizarrely slow, boring, collectathon 3D platformer. What a crushing disappointment.

And I even love Birthday Cake, though most of the JSR remixes in the sequel are dull pap.

Village

Music licensing is a tricky thing, they definitively removed all traces of JSRF music from the sonic all stars racing games after the original one. So i'm guessing its a music thing, because the orginal and the JSR port have JSRF music but its before that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
JSR remaster needs to be put on switch A.D. aould have been on Wii U.

Sega knows just as much as us on where the audience for that kind of game is at.

I'm still dissapointed that after Sonic and All-Stars Racing had Beat with his JSRF appearance and a course based on the game for Transformed they regressed to the old JSR look.

latest

latest

My remaster wishlist would be:

1. Remove Birthday Cake
DONE. We now have the perfect game!

Exactly, haha.

Amazing game, but the repitition of that track almost ruined the game. Remove birthday cake, or reduce it's repitition drastically.

My only other wish would be making the multiplayer online.

A JSRF remaster or re-release should absolutely happen. It's a gem of a game, that really deserves to be remembered and replayed. Perhaps MS can make this happen, along with the other OG xbox ports?

I get the feeling the JSR remaster was something of a flop saleswise

They shouldn't let that decide it. How many people who love Future even played the first one? They should give it one more chance and reboot it the series (with all the tracks from Future please)..

Top Bottom