• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does NOA like to destroy good art?

ferricide

eh, i think the japanese logo is ugly and over-busy. the US logo captures that whole like, 60s, gilligan's island sort of feel. kitschy. it's fine by me. if anything i think it's more subtle than the japanese one, which is highly unusual.

then again i will neither buy nor play this game, so why should i care!?

P.S. PLEASE DE-RAREIFY DONKEY KONG ASAP

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ferricide said:
eh, i think the japanese logo is ugly and over-busy. the US logo captures that whole like, 60s, gilligan's island sort of feel. kitschy.
This is true of the screen on the whole. However I prefer the Japanese one because the art on DK himself really captures the look of the old DK arcade, and then it has the festive colors and text. As you said the american one is more gilligans island, however that is not accurate to what the game is so I like the japanese one more. Of course classifying something doesn't automatically mean it's good, I think the US screen is ugly the dude didn't even try on the logo.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Time to compare another title screen!

Japanese (Mario vs Donkey Kong)
1526.PNG

English (Mario vs Donkey Kong)
1489.PNG

That is not the "American" Mario face - that's how he looks in the game. That also isn't Mario on the Japanese title screen. Those are toys you have to rescue in the game. They are in the American one too you know!

belgurdo

Banned
Gunsmoke said:
Wario64 said:
Time to compare another title screen!

Japanese (Mario vs Donkey Kong)
1526.PNG

I think the Jap one looks better in my opinion.
Mario looks closer to his original roots 'jump man' appearence.

Very Game & Watch~esque

The new American Mario face looks like it came out of Walt Disney's butt.

Provided you're talking about how Mario looks in-game and not about the toys that are lining the bottom of the screen...

(Plus there is no "American Mario." He's looked the same for the 20+ years he's existed so I don't get the "Walt Disney" thing.)

fenekku-gitsune said:
I forgot to tell all you guys, but I just got a job at Namco Hometek as their top layout designer. Here was my first project:
baten.jpg

Are you serious? If so, major congrats!

And I like the design.

Top Bottom