• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why the Final Fantasy XV team hates Stella so much?

miku

Mtkvmxc.jpg

nnPraJz.jpg

ipMagzf.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/finalfantasynet/status/809247796922462209

Luna's profile from one of the official Final Fantasy XV book by Square Enix:
LUNAFREYA NOX FLEURET
Born and raised in the province of Tenebrae, Luna is an Oracle. With an inborn ability to speak to the gods, she's had feelings for Noctis ever since they first met in childhood. Unlike the original heroine in FINAL FANTASY XV, Stella Nox Fleuret (since removed), Lunafreya is a strong, independent, determined character, well able to hold her own with the armed guards pointing their weapons at her. She plays a very important role in this universe, since she is not only in FINAL FANTASY XV, but is also in the film KINGSGLAIVE as well.

I mean, why even mentioned Stella under Luna's profile?

Just to point out they removed Stella because she isn't strong compared to Luna?

Stella is not even in the game anymore, so why brought her up?

To remind and disappoint Stella fans?

zc62Qnq.gif

0vGhibJ.gif

Stella: "Tabata please"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's incredibly weird, having that sentence in the official profile. Jesus Christ SE.

Edit; also, have we gotten to that point where we can say that video game women are now strong just because she didn't give a fuck about the weapons that were being pointed at her? That part didn't even make any fucking sense, weren't she supposed to summon the thing? Why try and force her out?

Toth

I still find this fascination with her so odd considering we knew next to nothing about her and you can insert Luna in all those trailer scenes (okay, except the one with the sword drawn) and you wouldn't notice.

Ydelnae

I wonder who approved that description. It literally sounds like they copypasted a GAF joke post about Luna into her description.

Ray Down

Banned
I still find this fascination with her so odd considering we knew next to nothing about her and you can insert Luna in all those trailer scenes (okay, except the one with the sword drawn) and you wouldn't notice.

Which was removed in 2011.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I don't really care that they removed her - she was from what was essentially a canceled game - but unless I'm hallucinating, that description is being used to describe this person, yes?

cgstl.jpg

Kindekuma

Banned
Characters get worked in, then worked out, changed up and whatnot in video games all the time. This is nothing new. Stella was created but since the vision of XV changed she got reworked into Luna.

They don't hate her, it's just development changes.

Muffdraul

They should have just kept the name Stella regardless of how the character changed. Cindy should have been Cidney in all versions. Regis should have kept his original mafioso/young Alan Rickman appearance regardless of whatever story changes. FFXV turned out way better than I thought it would, but there were so many pointless little niggling arbitrary changes that simply didn't have to exist but for someone's ego.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
TIL "Stella fans" are a thing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm always confused by this love for versus 13 hell if you can look way way back on my post history you'll see me bashing people that got overly hype for it as far back as 2010 a game that didn't exist and we knew next to nothing about besides open world and action combat. Let that shit go, stories and concepts go through changes we got a glimpse at something way way way before it was ready things were bound to heavly change over time specially with the turn development took.

The original vs 13 was never a real game it was a concept that got changed over time due to change of directors. It's not even something that "ruined the original" because there is no original. A draft is a draft, FF15 is the final product.

So I don't really care that they removed her - she was from what was essentially a canceled game - but unless I'm hallucinating, that description is being used to describe this person, yes?

cgstl.jpg

This must be the fight where she dies at the beginning of the game.

J-Skee

I don't understand how there are Stella fans. It's basically a name swap. Also, it's been a decade & we barely knew anything about her.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
NnoGhN1.gif

Fan the flames of angry vindication people feel from their attachment to a character that died before they really existed

That's even true from an in-universe perspective if the leaks are to be believed

I have my monthly cringe overdose just by reading the profile introduction. They sure love to throw "strong, independent" buzzwords around her without showing any substance. The Stella part is extra odd since we didn't really know her to begin with... but I guess you can say the same about Luna.

Alex

This pointless, retooled WIP character lives on as a useless spell for Astrologian that no one wastes hotbar space on

Koozek

This must be the fight where she dies at the beginning of the game.
Nope, apparently Noctis would've killed her as a kid because "voices" told him to do so (Fal'Cies giving humans their "Focus" basically, like in FFXIII) without remembering until the end of the game.

You can read with the 4 chan leaks.

See I read those but for me, it's hard to know what to feel about them. Bullet points of a story idea can sound cool in theory, but without knowing how it'd have been executed it's hard for me to say if it was a good idea or not.

All that said I really don't have a stake in the whole Stella VS Luna thing. I've honestly always thought of Luna as just how Stella's role evolved, if that makes sense. Like I've said, it's hard to get too attached when we really have no clue how Stella and the game as a whole would've been in their original state.

Top Bottom