• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why The Pre-Sequel is the Best Borderlands Game (LTTP: TPS and BL2)

Kouriozan

No Siren(or similar class) also killed my interest in it, plus I was perfectly fine with BL2 and the pre-sequel got such a bad reputation that I'll just wait for a GOTY edition in a steam sale.

I feel like I should play as someone other than the basic assault character in TPS, this second time around, but his skillset fits my playstyle best. These games can get difficult solo, and Claptrap's randomness is scary.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I didn't find it very good either, but it fit in well. Felt lazy but meshed with the setting, which is what I was addressing regarding parodies.
Really? "It meshes with the setting" is your defense of this shitty writing? Meh, that's not nearly good enough for me. If the writing/humour is bad, it's bad, period.

Aside from the BL1 cast, who did you enjoy? Tiny Tina and Torgue were pretty good but I'm drawing a blank on anyone else.
Patricia Tannis is by far my favourite, but I also enjoyed Mr. Torgue, Ellie, Sir Hammerlock, and Moxxi. Captain Scarlet wasn't bad either. They are far more memorable than just about anyone in TPS. Hell I'd even prefer returning ones like Scooter or Crazy Earl, honestly.

petghost

Banned
The thing that bl2 has over tps is encounter design and actual tangible difficulty. Like its a blast running around some of the areas in bl2 mobbing whereas in tps the maps have way more space between them. I know a lot of people hated slat but I loved uvhm and op levels were it felt like the odds were stacked against you unless you cleverly and efficiently utilized the systems available. TPS just doesn't have that for me.

Top Bottom