• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 is Wii U

REV 09

super interesting. won't capture hardcore audience from 360/ps3...(cod audience, online gamers). better than wii though.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Monty Mole said:
Wii U will inevitably do well with families - means the kids can go off and carry on playing their games in their bedroom. Just think about it, this will take over the world whether we like it or not!
Exactly. This is a parent's dream come true.

iNvid02

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

sphinx

the piano man
why are people so upset?

the controller demo was impressive and that bird thing looked extremely well.

I'm actually kind of considering selling off my 360 and PSP for a future purchase of this thing. Sticking with Nintendo only next generation.

Bread

Banned
Ugh why? I was really looking forward to a powerful new console with that controller, this is just disappointing.

RobertM

Max said:
What the hell was that talk about unifying gamers

This doesn't look appealing to me in the slightest, as a hxc gamer. I guess I should have expected as much.
Bingo bango. Wii u.

Chase mii is set in the familiar nintendo world. But it looks different depending on whether you're holding the wii remote or the new controller. If you've got the new controller you've got a birds eye view of the people chasing you.

So the Wii-mote is still a controller??

WHAT?!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Alright, so they reveal a new console with Wii games, a tech demo, and controller interactivity prototypes. And a Lego game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Terrible reveal here. They did a much better job showing off 3DS for the first time (or at least selling it to people).

Still, the hardware seems to have potential, it's just that they aren't introducing it with anything interesting. No impact. I mean, when Sony first showed off NGP they fucking blew the doors out with tons of games and tech demos. You really got to see what it was capable of. Really, they kind of did the same thing for Wii even (gave us real examples).

slopeslider said:
SMASH BROS 4 CONFIRMED FOR BOTH WII U AND 3DS
OQWEIFJ ;OIUDCGNOLFDKJNFILASJNmegaton
Woo, another sequel. :-\

Dark Schala said:
That controller doesn't look very comfortable....

Seriously. Rest of it looks good for as far away from the actual release as we are. But, there is no way that is the final design of the controller.

Top Bottom