• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 Specs leaked: To be innards of TI-83 Calculator, comes with packet of crisps!

Stryder

So just a Wii with blu-ray, right?

Sort of makes sense.. MS are likely to relaunch their 360 with Natal, Nintendo can also say they are refreshing their console.

Struct09

Stryder said:
So just a Wii with blu-ray, right?

Sort of makes sense.. MS are likely to relaunch their 360 with Natal, Nintendo can also say they are refreshing their console.

So a Wii duct-taped to a PS3?

Fifteen, naive, never been in love, then I saw her:

ti-83homepg.jpg

I think a half assed new Wii aka Wii with HD is stupid for 2010. This is even dumber.

11 11 11 makes sense. And they can do ads where they slip in a W before the 11s

Someone post the gif of john loche opening a thread and getting a 500 error!

Also....no way in hell any of this is true.

This is Nintendo, while games might come on blu-ray disks......it wont be able to play movies as to avoid the license fee.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.

- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
luls aside, this doesn't make sense: how would a blu-ray drive inhibit piracy when standard Wii games are DVD-based? Not only that but most pirated games are downloaded ISO's not solid-state.

Surgeon Rocket said:
luls aside, this doesn't make sense: how would a blu-ray drive inhibit piracy when standard Wii games are DVD-based? Not only that but most pirated games are downloaded ISO's not solid-state?

Ripping blue-ray is a lot more difficult.

panda21

CONFIRMED
?

is this one of the threads where the creator owns the website where he is posted? those are the best kind

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
lorddarkflare said:
Ripping blue-ray is a lot more difficult.

You know, actually thinking about it, I realized I ignored the part about this being the Wii-2 and not a simple hardware refresh/ alternate SKU. The Blu-Ray thing now makes a little more sense.

In that case: :lol :lol :lol

Stage On

Wow, talk about total BS. Chances of this being true are pretty much close to zero precent.

For one Nintendo wouldn't go blue ray if for no other reason then not to give Sony money on each game sold

Askani

Wii2 works with original Wii remotes*.

*Requires a Wii remote and MotionPlus2** controller add-on.

**MotionPlus2 requires original MotionPlus*** add-on.

***MotionPlus add on for Wii2 requires Wii2 MotionPlus output converter.

Desiato

It wouldn't surprise me if the next Wii was just a regular one, but with an HDMI port. And some crisps would be nice too.

Top Bottom