• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii European Launch: Dec 8, 249 Euros

whzup444

WII LAUNCH DETAILS: European launch date December 8 2006, priced at £179 (249 Euros). Package will include console, Wiimote, nunchuck, cables and a free copy of Wii Sports. Games will cost £35 - £39 in mthe UK and 49-59 Euros elsewhere in Europe.

180.00 GBP = 338.678 USD

And just like that all the pathetic $249 moaning from people here is made to look even more stupid than it already did.

Zer0

Banned
a free copy of wii sports XD sure dude...50 euros for a game with the same dev cost of some flash games lol

so where are the nintendo fanboys who bashed the 300 euros price of the 360 tard pack?

Ok, not as bad as I initially thought. I won't be importing, I can wait it.

I hope we get Zelda at launch too, was that confirmed yet?

£179 was what I had been expecting since last year. Glad about that, it's a good pricepoint. I'm a bit sad that we get it even after Aus though (even a day, bastards!). I'm happy about the package as Wii Sports was definitely something that interested me, I just hope we get the Componant cable like the US.

It's too much IMO. All the stuff inside the box is old tech after all but at least it comes with a game (thou I'd rather pay less and buy a separate game as I would have probably not bought WiiSports)

quetz67

Banned
Mr. TV Goggles said:
That's interesting, because:

249 Euros = 315.8814 U.S. dollars

Guys shoulda accepted the Euro when you had the chance. :D
210 Euros (=249 without VAT) = 266 us$. For the $17 more we get a full half year and limited 2 year warranty

Amir0x

Banned
mr_sockochris said:
180.00 GBP = 338.678 USD

And just like that all the pathetic $249 moaning from people here is made to look even more stupid than it already did.

actually all it means is that you guys should rightfully moan more

Luckett_X

Banned
Expected. See you in the second-hand bargain bin Wii, when you gots youself a decent line up and the UK has scorned you!

Zer0

Banned
wtf ppl

nintendo is the new apple,they can crunch any old tech in a new box,they can charge anything they want,put some flashy adds,some cool motto and their fanbase will got nuts

quetz67

Banned
ichigo kurosaki said:
It's too much IMO. All the stuff inside the box is old tech after all but at least it comes with a game (thou I'd rather pay less and buy a separate game as I would have probably not bought WiiSports)
I think they can produce it for some $100-$150, depending on what the controller tech sets them back

bud

Zer0 said:
wtf ppl

nintendo is the new apple,they can crunch any old tech in a new box,they can charge anything they want,put some flashy adds,some cool motto and their fanbase will got nuts
image002.jpg

Kabouter

Zer0 said:
wtf ppl

Newer Apple computers aren't all that bad specwise...

£180 is a bit too much for me, but then i could trade in my GC to get the price down, it just feels a bit meh to me.

launch date is good, price isn't right.

Amir0x

Banned
Magicpaint said:
We're tired of moaning already! It happens everytime. Not just with Nintendo.

i'm fully aware. the relevant point would be: if people thought the price was lame at $250, it's still lame in the context of the Euro release. You guys are just used to it. Kudos for Nintendo on actually making good on its promise to release worldwide by the end of the year though - unlike a certain other faceless corporation.

Ajax

Banned
quetz67 said:
I'll take the 199 Euro version without Wii Sports

Wii sports is just a cheap eye-toy style game to justify Wii's rip-off price. No way they'll ever un-bundle it.

quetz67

Banned
Zer0 said:
wtf ppl

But they still have to sell it. just because the NDS sells great means actually NOTHING for the Wii (or did the GC sell as good as the GBA?)

fresquito

The price is the expected, the date is not bad, considering how screwed Europe uses to get.

I'll write a letter to the magic kings :)

ichigo kurosaki said:
where do opinions like this come from?

quetz67

Banned
Ajax said:
Wii sports is just a cheap eye-toy style game to justify Wii's rip-off price. No way they'll ever un-bundle it.
it was meant as a joke, I'll wait until it costs 199 Euros incl. Wii Sports and pretend they shipped it without it

Zer0

Banned
quetz67 said:
But they still have to sell it. just because the NDS sells great means actually NOTHING for the Wii (or did the GC sell as good as the GBA?)

dude,they can sell the thing at 200 euros with the game and still get money

but no.the evil corporations who squeeze consumers are sony or microsoft..wtf man

Deku

Banned
plagiarize said:
where do opinions like this come from?

GAF consensus, and its a dangerous thing because its usually wrong.
But it's nice to know the launch date finally. There were people getting worked up in a frenzy over the march date.

yilmazz

quetz67 said:
210 Euros (=249 without VAT) = 266 us$. For the $17 more we get a full half year and limited 2 year warranty

QFT
Price is just in line with the US price, so calm down people, I'm still going to import it from Japan because I don't need Wii sports.

reminder

slaughterking said:
Oh come on. There are only 3 short weeks between US and EU Launch. Thats really better than I expected some days ago.

I just hate how they tell us in every european Pressconference that Nintendogs is selling so much better in europe than in every other country. Or that Brain Training is selling so much faster in europe than in japan. And what is the reward for us europeans? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

fresquito

Zer0 said:
dude,they can sell the thing at 200 euros with the game and still get money

but no.the evil corporations who squeeze consumers are sony or microsoft..wtf man
Where do you get your info from? Are you aware when you buy a console, you're not only paying for the components, but also for I+D? Not that I think is a good price, but I don't get why you think the Wii is so cheap to produce, when it's had some serious I+D behind.

ziran

uk price is expensive, but it isn't surprising.

Rocked said:
Wii Play coming out in Europe bundled with a Wiimote! :)
is that the wii party game, hajimete no wii?

it includes shooting, table tennis, air hockey, pool, quiz and fishing, which sounds awesome!

reminder said:
I just hate how they tell us in every european Pressconference that Nintendogs is selling so much better in europe than in every other country. Or that Brain Training is selling so much faster in europe than in japan. And what is the reward for us europeans? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Yeah, but aren't we really used to it by now? Honestly, look at the March 2007 date from Sony too (Europe = Sony Land isn't it?)... Europe always gets the shaft, it's not really suprising anymore. But still ever so annoying.

Chittagong

Gold Member
That's it, I left my e-mail address to DVD Boxoffice so that they can notify when the US Wii is available for preorder... did the same thing to PS3 too.

Top Bottom